One-touch Auto Up/Down Windows (DEI 530T) DIY Guide - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Car Audio, Security, & Electronics RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 08-10-2005, 02:16 PM   #26
QFCK2001

QFCK2001 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACRSX03
Check your grounds? I grabbed all ground wires, terminated them and secured them under the dead pedal on the floor. Did you diode isolate between the roll up module and the ground when armed wire? Check the resistance dip switches too, I have mine set on the #2 setting.
Let me know,
Jeff
The ground wires are very secured. i had the resistance dip switches set on high on the passanger side and set on factory on the driver side.
What is this mean: "Did you diode isolate between the roll up module and the ground when armed wire?" I just connect the orange wire from the DEI530t to the orange wire on my compustar directly. And i believe the orange wire on my compustar alarm is the ground when armed wire.
QFCK2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2005, 04:06 PM   #27
monky

monky is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I believe bruha said to use the PUR pigtail on the connector 1 pin 5. The orange wire is the factory alarm arm wire. Which probably only grounds for a few secs leading to the incomplete roll up.
monky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 07:41 PM   #28
ACRSX03
2005 JGM Type-S

ACRSX03 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
The orange wire from either the compustar or the viper is armed when the alarm is on. This closes a relay inside the 530t and rolls up the windows. The adjustable capacitors sense a large draw on current and shut off the motor inside the 530T, but the ground signal is always present when ever the system is armed. This same wire also opens a relay which is connected to your starter kill. It basically breaks the wire when the system is armed so no one can start the vehicle. You need to diode isolate these 2 systems or they wil interfere with each other. You'll need a 1 amp 12 volt diode which are available at radio shack but you will pay more there, but if you only need 1 I would just buy it. W/O the diode you will have problems. Check out www.the12volt.com and look at the section under diodes. It will help you understand how to wire it up. A diode is a one way electrical component. Think of them as a one way treet, where electrical power is stopped from mixing with other systems runnning on the same line.
What type of alarm do you have?
Viper shows exactly how to connect under " finding the wires you need'
Good Luck

Old 09-01-2005, 08:41 AM   #29
mern1

mern1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Remote window control

I know this is a little off topic but I still cant post new theads, so here goes. I want to be able to remotely control my windows both up and down. Is there any way to do this other than buying an alarm system and then an additional controller for the windows? Is there any way I could control the sunroof as well? If I do need to buy an alarms system what does everyone recomend? I don't need one with all the bells and whistles just something thats quality and has the ability to control the windows. I really know very little about car security so any advice would help me a great deal. Thanks
mern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 12:32 PM   #30
ACRSX03
2005 JGM Type-S

P/U 2 530T's and yes you will need an alarm with at least 1 aux channel, 2 if you want to control them seperately, sunroof from windows.
Good luck,
Jeff
Old 09-07-2005, 07:34 AM   #31
mern1

mern1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
"P/U 2 530T's"???? Like I said, I know nothing about alarms, can you translate this to english for me? I assume the 530T is the model number but what brand? What is the P/U? Where would I be able to buy this? Thanks
mern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:55 PM   #32
ACRSX03
2005 JGM Type-S

DEI 530t- a self contained roll up/down module with connections to/from an alarm.
Also adds one touch control to the system you connect.
Capable of running 2 windows only.
4 door car= 2 530t's
2 door car= 1 530t
2 door+ sunroof=2 530t's, only using 1/2 of the 2nd 530

DEI= reputable alarm/ automotive alarm and accessory company.
Check out www.ebay.com and do a search on DEI 530T and your bound to see them for anywhere rom 20-50.00
Good luck
Old 11-08-2005, 02:15 PM   #33
Kingsta18
Master Member

Kingsta18 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Okay, this seems really awesome but . . . does that mean that I will not be able to crack my pas. window from the drivers side.. same with the sun roof. . will i not be able to only open it a little bit?
Kingsta18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:25 PM   #34
bruha

bruha is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsta18
Okay, this seems really awesome but . . . does that mean that I will not be able to crack my pas. window from the drivers side.. same with the sun roof. . will i not be able to only open it a little bit?
You can still crack the windows. You press the button once, it will start to auto-roll down, then press the button again to stop the auto-roll down.
bruha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:27 PM   #35
Kingsta18
Master Member

Kingsta18 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Ah thanks. . .is there a walk through on the DIY One Touch Sunroof?
Kingsta18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #36
chima07
Master Member

chima07 is on a distinguished road
so thats not complicated
chima07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:52 PM   #37
jumper6888

jumper6888 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
How did you guys used the compustar remote to close your windows? The aux II for the compustar is the yel/white wire and nothing is connected to that.

I followed the directions in this DiY, got everything to work except rolling up my windows with the remote. Please help...
jumper6888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:36 PM   #38
Justin R

Justin R is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I just got my 530T installed and they work great. But my question is, my car has a passenger window lock button on the drivers side. It now does not work, does not even light up at night when the lights are on. The person who installed this said there is no way around it. Is he being lazy and there is a way to get this switch to work, or does it really not work anymore. It seems wierd that dei would not make this switch functional, since almost all cars with power windows have it. Any help?
Justin R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:39 PM   #39
bruha

bruha is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin R
I just got my 530T installed and they work great. But my question is, my car has a passenger window lock button on the drivers side. It now does not work, does not even light up at night when the lights are on. The person who installed this said there is no way around it. Is he being lazy and there is a way to get this switch to work, or does it really not work anymore. It seems wierd that dei would not make this switch functional, since almost all cars with power windows have it. Any help?
I have the same problem, I think if the passenger window is locked, I can't control it on the drivers side but it still works on the passenger. If I remember correctly the light on the passenger window switch goes out too.
bruha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #40
sangsational
ooohgen whore

sangsational is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
wow the RHD DC5R only comes with a driver's side window lock button. whats the purpose of locking it on the passenger side? that seems rather pointless. i thought the purpose of the window lock button is to prevent a child passenger from opening the window.
sangsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #41
JoeBagodoe
I'm a helpy helper!

JoeBagodoe has been a little shit in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruha View Post
I have the same problem, I think if the passenger window is locked, I can't control it on the drivers side but it still works on the passenger. If I remember correctly the light on the passenger window switch goes out too.
OK, wait, what’s the freakin point? If you lock the windows, the passenger can STILL roll theirs down?!? I can think of several reasons why this is severely flawed:
1. Getting your windows tinted
2. Because you want to
3. When you squeeze out a nice rank brownie caller, and you want your passenger to enjoy it too

But seriously, WTF!
JoeBagodoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:36 AM   #42
cstrike
when in rome

cstrike is on a distinguished road cstrike is on a distinguished road
man this is an oldie but goodie. i wish i woulda found this sooner.
cstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:05 AM   #43
KillaICM
Mamimi

KillaICM is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I would just like to ask, why would anyone want to use this feature?

Zombie Eradication Team #69
KillaICM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:11 AM   #44
killerV1000

killerV1000 has been a little shit in the past
does this work with the keyless system from a stock alarm. Will I be able to roll the windows up and close the sunroof from the lock and unlock buttons on my stock keyless system??? this is really what I want...

Thanks guys!
killerV1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:13 AM   #45
djlotus
Man of Moxie

djlotus is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
^ what he said. if you were able to get a rhd drivers side door panel, you think the one touch would work outright? or would some modification need to get done.
2002 DC5 Integra ABP
djlotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:49 AM   #46
Surferboy
Been there & gone back

Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Bruha can you answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruha View Post
I have a 530T and 529T installed. The 530T is for the two front windows, they are one-touch up and down from the driver's side controls. The Compustar outputs can remotely make them go up or down.

For the moonroof, the 529T is only really used in conjunction with the Compustar outputs. The moonroof can open or close using the Compustar. If you want to make the moonroof one-touch up and down using the switch inside, you need to buy a 530T.

Keep in mind the Compustar only has 2 outputs so you can only do two distinct window motions. For example, I have output 1 crack the windows and moonroof. If I keep pressing the output 1, the windows and moonroof will inch open. I have output 2 set to latch instead of pulse, and it will close the windows and moonroof.
I have the same setup as you but my problem is that I cannot get output 2 to work. I have the ability to do one inch at a time but that is the only function. Also when I set my alarm the last step is to push button 2 for latch not pulse and instead of getting a chirp to confirm the alarm sounds. With this said I know I have some wires not setup right but not sure which. My windows only go down not up one inch at a time with button 3. Can you tell me the wiring you did for window modules to alarm wires?

Thank you

Thomas
Surferboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:30 PM   #47
Surferboy
Been there & gone back

Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Ok I got to the point where I can program remote no problem but the problem I still have even after reading through this whole thread is this. I have Aux 1 setup to roll down the windows and moonroof which works. How do I wire it up to have the windows roll up when the alarm is set and be able to roll the windows up if after the alarm is set I rolled them down and want them to go back up?

Thanks

Thomas
Old 09-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #48
Surferboy
Been there & gone back

Ok I am inching ever so closer to being completed. I have alarm setup so I can inch the windows and moonroof down for Aux 1 and I have Aux 2 setup to completely roll up the windows and moonroof

The one item that still haunts me is this. I would like the windows and moonroof to close when the alarm is set. I have read the previous threads about the purple wire but it does not work for me. I am sure it is a user error on my part but I could use your help on this one if anyone has had the same experience.

Currently I am taking the orange wire from the 530Ts and thought I connected it to the purple of the compustar alarm? I disconnected and do not have it connected to anything now until I can resolve this one.

Thanks in advance

Thomas
Old 04-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #49
mmatos4

mmatos4 has been a little shit in the past
Dei 530t

Can anyone help me out i have a problem with all my windows except the driver side window. The problem is when i hit the switch at the driver side to either go up or down it stops by itself with the switch still on the on position or off. I need to hit it about 10 to 15 times up or down in order to close or open the window. I really believe its the 530T being that i swaped out the switch board. And it tested fine. I have a 4 door car and both front and back window do it so i have two units is there a chance that both of them went bad. Keep in mind that one i roll up the windows from the passanger or rear switch it goes up and down with no promblem. Any help would be great. Thanks
mmatos4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #50
mmatos4

mmatos4 has been a little shit in the past
Can anyone help me out i have a problem with all my windows except the driver side window. The problem is when i hit the switch at the driver side to either go up or down it stops by itself with the switch still on the on position or off. I need to hit it about 10 to 15 times up or down in order to close or open the window. I really believe its the 530T being that i swaped out the switch board. And it tested fine. I have a 4 door car and both front and back window do it so i have two units is there a chance that both of them went bad. Keep in mind that one i roll up the windows from the passanger or rear switch it goes up and down with no promblem. Any help would be great. Thanks
mmatos4 is offline   Reply With Quote