Supercharged *CHAT* CXV - The S/C crew resurrection - Page 28 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 06-16-2017, 05:50 AM   #676
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94b20gsr View Post
I have a spare one laying around somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.
I should spare parts for my blower. I'd like to get my hands on a spare upgraded JRSC shaft. Does anyone still sell those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeS View Post
I already have ATA. But I wanted to see if I can create one for those that want to keep the JRSC manifold. Just something to do in my spare time =)
Aww yeah! Keep us posted bro.
cube -n- crew #uno | Short on Mod Cash Crew Member #35
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2017, 05:54 AM   #677
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by torresa009 View Post
what are the advantages of cooling air to air vs air to water?
Should provide more efficient cooling is the biggest one I can think of. Don't quote me though lol
Old 06-17-2017, 02:50 PM   #678
Dickbowlmidz
I am the machine

Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
What's good, Sir? Long time... Still got the RSX?
sorry hardly online anymore. still got mine. tranny still broken. been like almost 4 years since i drove it. i got my 3rd college degree in december and start a new job on the 26th. hopefully this gets me to dig into the rsx. im still driving my sti and havin a good time but they are such a pain in the ass to own.

how have you been?

Old 06-17-2017, 07:32 PM   #679
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickbowlmidz View Post
sorry hardly online anymore. still got mine. tranny still broken. been like almost 4 years since i drove it. i got my 3rd college degree in december and start a new job on the 26th. hopefully this gets me to dig into the rsx. im still driving my sti and havin a good time but they are such a pain in the ass to own.

how have you been?
Congrats Sir on the new degree and new job

Glad to hear you still got the RSX man... I've been there just seeing it sit in the garage. Looking forward to see you getting yours running again! Also, I'm interested in hearing your take on owning a Subaru. In the next 5 years, I'm looking to upgrade my daily, and the LGT is a potential.

Other than that, same shit, different toilet. RSX still running strong and work is work. Been at the job for 11 years and planning my next move in my career
Old 06-17-2017, 09:58 PM   #680
DC5Sandbag

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by torresa009 View Post
what are the advantages of cooling air to air vs air to water?
Found this on the internet. My air to water system works well.

http://www.onallcylinders.com/wp-con...ison-Chart.png
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:44 PM   #681
94b20gsr

94b20gsr is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Well, after talking with Nate at CT-Engineering a few weeks ago, I talked them into posting their version of the SC tensioner on the site for everyone to purchase separately. I own the Merc setup, and replaced it with this. Much better design and quality product. http://store.ct-engineering.com/06-1...-p/354-200.htm Also, when I put it on I swapped to an 06-11Civic Si auto tensioner setup, since the holes were just a little off. Not to mention it had 150k+ miles on the original.
AIS W/M 14GPH
94b20gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #682
burton5251

burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94b20gsr View Post
Well, after talking with Nate at CT-Engineering a few weeks ago, I talked them into posting their version of the SC tensioner on the site for everyone to purchase separately. I own the Merc setup, and replaced it with this. Much better design and quality product. http://store.ct-engineering.com/06-1...-p/354-200.htm Also, when I put it on I swapped to an 06-11Civic Si auto tensioner setup, since the holes were just a little off. Not to mention it had 150k+ miles on the original.
I have a brand new one (from RSX kit) sitting in my shop for sale if you know anyone interested.

Last edited by burton5251; 06-19-2017 at 02:00 PM..
burton5251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:02 PM   #683
Dc5Phil

Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Finally got my aftercooler kit from merc after waiting so long. Definitely worth the wait and can't wait to install it.

IG: callme_phil
Dc5Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #684
Dc5Phil

Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Phil is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by burton5251 View Post
I have a brand new one (from RSX kit) sitting in my shop for sale if you know anyone interested.
How much?

IG: callme_phil
Dc5Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:08 PM   #685
burton5251

burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc5Phil View Post
How much?
Make me an offer, text me at 215-801-3654
Old 06-20-2017, 02:01 AM   #686
abpRSX-S
Ummm....

abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
So I talked to D-Rob about tuning my car after the meth injection. He advised me to run the solenoid to kpro and to run the pump to a switch? Does this mean Everytime I want to get on it i have to turn the pump on? Also I wanted to have it so when I don't want to run meth (ex. When my tanks low) I would just have the switch off and it would run my standard tune then when I wanted to run meth I could hit the switch and turn the meth tune on. Is that possible with the nitrous tabs
-Broke Student Crew #25-
-335whp JRSC RSX
abpRSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:15 AM   #687
burton5251

Quote:
Originally Posted by abpRSX-S View Post
So I talked to D-Rob about tuning my car after the meth injection. He advised me to run the solenoid to kpro and to run the pump to a switch? Does this mean Everytime I want to get on it i have to turn the pump on? Also I wanted to have it so when I don't want to run meth (ex. When my tanks low) I would just have the switch off and it would run my standard tune then when I wanted to run meth I could hit the switch and turn the meth tune on. Is that possible with the nitrous tabs
No you won't have to turn the switch on every time you get in. Just simply keep the switch on and turn it off if you are running low on meth etc. I'm running it via KTuner and this is how I have it set up. If you are using KPro just use the nitrous tabs. Your activation inputs an outputs may just be different then mine. Here is my set up from the KTuner thread...

Connect the relay ground, typically referred to as "85" to E19 (VSV: Vent Shut Valve) on the ECU for the output. I chose to use "VSV: Vent Shut Valve" as my car is a daily and still has AC so my only other option really would have been "Reverse Lockout E2" and I really did not want to give that up. Now if you wish to run a manual switch to cut the water/meth (Ex. If you are low on mixture) you use a activation input that will trigger the output. I am running EPS so I chose to use PSP E16 for my activation input. The only thing you need to be careful of is when E16 is triggered GND=Off so you must select the invert function. Connect the accessory wire from your switch (which will apply 12V) to E16 and this will generate a ground which will trigger the output. As a side note when VSV is not triggered it remains open, so your gas tank will still vent.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:57 PM   #688
abpRSX-S
Ummm....

abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thank you burton. I was thinking that if the pump was switched on but not able to pump it would make the pump fail. Thanks for the help
-Broke Student Crew #25-
-335whp JRSC RSX
abpRSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM   #689
burton5251

Quote:
Originally Posted by abpRSX-S View Post
Thank you burton. I was thinking that if the pump was switched on but not able to pump it would make the pump fail. Thanks for the help
No problem. Basically the simplist way to look at is if the toggle switch is off the pump relay will not have a ground activated therefore not allowing the pump to have power from the relay.