Running 245/45/17 R 245/40/17 F ok? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Auto X & Road Racing
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
purplesaucedc5
Master Member

purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Running 245/45/17 R 245/40/17 F ok?

Asking this question here because you guys know the most about suspension. Just picked up a set of 17x9+27 SSR Comps. They have 245/45/17 rt-615ks on the now but one pair is almost done and one pair is pretty new.
Is it ok to put a 245/40/17 for clearance in the front and keep the 245/45/17 rear? Will this setup handle ok? Or should I switch the tires all together and just try to sell the rt-615s?
Any advise would be great.
purplesaucedc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
ItzQue
Master Member

ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
you could i'd go 245/40 all around though
not even hellaflush more like hellarim
ItzQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #3
shattered_memory

shattered_memory is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i would go 255/40/17 in the front.
shattered_memory is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #4
ItzQue
Master Member

ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ItzQue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
but then u'd need to go 235/45 in the rear or it'll look a lil off
not even hellaflush more like hellarim
ItzQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
purplesaucedc5
Master Member

purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purplesaucedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Ill probably end up going 255/40/17 front and keep the 245/45/17 rears. Would mixing star specs in the front and keeping the rt-615s in the rear be a good combo? I'd rather do that do when it's time for new rears I can go with star specs all around.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
mayonaids
Speedooo

mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesaucedc5 View Post
Asking this question here because you guys know the most about suspension. Just picked up a set of 17x9+27 SSR Comps. They have 245/45/17 rt-615ks on the now but one pair is almost done and one pair is pretty new.
Is it ok to put a 245/40/17 for clearance in the front and keep the 245/45/17 rear? Will this setup handle ok? Or should I switch the tires all together and just try to sell the rt-615s?
Any advise would be great.
You bought those off of cl? Damnit.
mayonaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
purplesaucedc5
Master Member

Yeah actually traded my work XD-9s for them. Seemed like a good deal to me. Can't beat 15lb wheels.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #8
pumalex

pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I am also in a dilemma, in the serie we are entering, we can have two sizes of tires that can fit us, one is a 225/45/17 (which we used so far) and the other one is a 245/40/17.

we are running 8" wheels, which would be better, 225 or 245? The serie uses street tires, they are BF Goodrich G Force sport comp2. Are the 245 going to be too wide?

We also have a set of 17x8 and 17x9, should i put two 245 on the 9" and put them in the back or in the front? Would we gain something from having a staggered setup?

I have no experience in fwd and would rather not buy a set of tire if it is not going to be optimal.

thanks
pumalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #9
mayonaids
Speedooo

mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mayonaids is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
IMO the wider wheel with the bigger tire in the front would be beneficial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesaucedc5 View Post
Yeah actually traded my work XD-9s for them. Seemed like a good deal to me. Can't beat 15lb wheels.
Definitely can't...especially when they were listed for $900 w/ azenis. Were those the xd9's listed on CL? Saw those too.
mayonaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
purplesaucedc5
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayonaids View Post
IMO the wider wheel with the bigger tire in the front would be beneficial.

Definitely can't...especially when they were listed for $900 w/ azenis. Were those the xd9's listed on CL? Saw those too.
Yeah I've gone through 3 sets of wheels this winter w/o even putting them on my car. Had Advan sa3, enkei nto3, work xd9s and now these ssr's. I'm keeping these ones though.

Last edited by purplesaucedc5; 02-21-2013 at 09:58 AM..
Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
purplesaucedc5
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumalex View Post
I am also in a dilemma, in the serie we are entering, we can have two sizes of tires that can fit us, one is a 225/45/17 (which we used so far) and the other one is a 245/40/17.

we are running 8" wheels, which would be better, 225 or 245? The serie uses street tires, they are BF Goodrich G Force sport comp2. Are the 245 going to be too wide?

We also have a set of 17x8 and 17x9, should i put two 245 on the 9" and put them in the back or in the front? Would we gain something from having a staggered setup?

I have no experience in fwd and would rather not buy a set of tire if it is not going to be optimal.

thanks
You'll be fine just get 245/40/17s and if your really want to go crazy get 235 rear for the 8s and 255 fronts. That seems to be the best way to set our cars up if you don't mind not being able to rotate the tires. And definitely 9 in the front unless your trying to go for looks only.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:59 AM   #12
pumalex

pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pumalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
thanks, i must admit i had no clue on what to try, i'll try that first.
pumalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:06 PM   #13
jeereel

jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
hmmmm....
jeereel is offline   Reply With Quote