Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Review:Super Bright White 5W CREE LED Reverse Lights

34K views 129 replies 36 participants last post by  nexgenrsx 
#1 ·
Here's is my quick review of the Cree LED Vs Reg. LED Bulbs....

Tail lights Shot:

LED

CREE LED

Lighting:

LED

CREE LED
Only one tailight!

Both tail lights!

^^^Uneven Floor, But as you can see MUCH brighter!^^^

Thanks to Retro-Solutions! :thumbsup:

See less See more
#8 ·
I have a question. Were the LED bulbs you were using before just forward firing or side firing + forward?

Todd, are the CREEs you have using spot lenses or the wide angle (astigmatic) lenses?

This post has been deleted
#18 ·
I love these lights, got a pair myself. I can completely justify the $40 so i can see through my rear tints without an issue.

#28 ·
The 02-04 use a larger 7440 bulb type, so those come available in a radial version you would want there. With those, you have the same pattern plus a fill of lighting from the additional radially mounted LEDs in the foreground. That is preferred on your vehicle because the reverse bulbs are orientated cross-eyed across the rear of the car in those housings.

#35 ·
In this pic the 05-06 is on the right and the 02-04 are on the left?

and when you say they are orientated "cross eyed" does that mean that they dont point straight back? Just wanted to make sure, never looked at my revierse lights before lol but interested in these :)

#39 ·
*pssst* get the ones without lens. wider spread :shady:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.