Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Whats the Widest Tire i can run on my Setup?

24K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  sxsr 
#1 · (Edited)
Type R Suspension, 17x9.5 with a +28 currently running 225/45/17

Here is a pic

I rub a little bit in the front. Is it possible to fit a 255/265/40/17?
Oh btw i will be running Chargespeed Fenders which are +20.

Here are some so u get an idea what ive got to work with

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
you would be fine with some 255/40s in the front and some 245/40s in the rear... If you wanna run 255/40s in the rear too, you will have to raise your rear up 1" and have to roll your rear fender....

I bet you could run some 265/40s too in the front...

What kind of wheels do you got? Looks good..

#3 ·
oh lord, if you run 255's you will definitely have to raise the car up.
im running 245/40 on my +22 x9 in the front and i still rub. i probably have an inch left from the tire to the fender too. im sure if i rolled/pulled the front it would solve that issue

btw very clean car! :bow:

#5 ·
For gods sake put some real wheels and tires on your car. This "Hella Flush" shit is hella gay. This is one of those dark time in the import world and you need to let it die.
you have been sigged my friend!!!!!!!!!!

best line i have seen on crsx in forever...

#16 ·
run a 35 series tires and u be good man if ur worried on the inside or raise the car up alittle

#18 ·
Christ that looks awful... Raise it and put some real tires on it and fix your rear camber.

#19 ·
This is how it stands now

225/45/17

on 9.5 with a +28 Offset

I think i wanna get an extra set of wheels in a 17x9 + 35 size.

Then ill stick some 245/35/17's on there. I always tought a 35 series would look way to thin, but after see a lot of wheel tire setups as long as you get a tire that fits the wheel a 35 series will look wonderful!

Attachments

#22 ·
im running 255 40's on my front with stock fenders and it doesnt rub too bad and im tucking tire and my fenders arent rolled so im sure you will be fine with 255's or 265's, but my wheels are only 17x9 +35 so if they dont fit nothing a little camber, roll and pull wont fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.