Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Austin Cooper K20A2 Swap

82K views 383 replies 162 participants last post by  fatso666 
#1 · (Edited)
COMPLETED PROJECT PICTURES ON PAGES 11&12

Ok so looking through this site I havent seen any mention of Zcars (www.zcars.org.uk) these guys make some of the quickest minis in the world.

I am fortunate enough to have purchased one of these kits and are having the factory do the first fit for me.

So I started out with a plan and a budget, the budget soon doubled and the plan got slightly twisted along the way but what will end up with should be pretty special.

the plan began with a shell:

And the plan is to put this inside it with a K20....

So I bought a K20A2 from a EDM Civic Type R and strapped and JRSC for a DC5 to it:

Got an Exedy Hyper Single Carbon Clutch and flywheel to stick in it:

Bought some Kirkey Seats to provide well needed support for the corners, the padding poppers onto the Aluminium (ignore the date on the photo):

And This is where we are now, the kit has been stripped out and the shell is of to the paintshop:

Its got:

JRSC supplied from Scuffers

Four pot Willwoods all round, Willwood pedal box and Bias adjuster

Gripper LSD

Uprated FD for the smaller wheels

Anti Roll Bars Front and Rear

SPA Instruments

Image Wheels split rims

Once I get it back from the Sprayshop I will update the thread with new pics, then once complete I will post some vids of the beast in action.

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks for the compliments.

On the cost question it is coming in around £30,000 (approx $54,000) but there has been no expense spared.

These guys put turbo Hayabusa engines in them as well and there are insane fast.

looking for around the 300HP mark for a start til I get used to it then when I get the funds together I think I am going to stick one of Scuffers Intercoolers on it and then see what we get from there.

These things are crazy quick of the line and handle really well in the twisties, they even have there own race series over here in the UK so the chassis is race developed and can hold its own against much bigger and more expensive stuff. Check out this video, the car has a standard hayabusa (180HP) in the back the BMW is ex touring car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSbSjXU-RZ4

#19 ·
very cool.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.