Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Skunk2 74mm Throttle Body

24K views 78 replies 30 participants last post by  Nvazn82 
#1 ·
This thing is huge but it looks killer, love the black.

Skunk2 is proud to introduce its all-new, 74mm Pro Series Throttle Body for Honda’s K-series engines—the biggest K-series throttle body you can buy. Skunk2’s Pro Series Throttle Bodies are designed to be used with OEM Acura RSX (PRB) or Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Manifolds for bolt-on horsepower and torque gains by optimizing engine airflow (other applications, including ’06+ Civic Si RBC manifolds, require adapter plate).

Skunk2 throttle bodies undergo an extensive design and testing process to produce a unit that doesn’t just provide more flow, but retains smooth drivability and OEM throttle characteristics. Skunk2 Pro-Series Throttle Bodies are designed using the latest CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) tools to produce a unit that exceeds industry standards. Each Pro-Series Throttle Body is CNC-machined from forged, billet 6061-T6 aluminum and hard anodized for durability in Skunk2’s signature Black Series finish. Additionally, Skunk2’s unique K-series throttle pulley design allows for smooth movement and pedal modulation, and the OEM coolant hoses have been eliminated for cooler operation.

A larger throttle body is key to producing additional power throughout the powerband on modified engines with increased airflow demands. Skunk2’s new Pro Series Throttle Bodies feature a 74mm bore, which results in significant horsepower gains throughout the powerband on naturally aspirated applications and even more on forced induction ones.

Skunk2 74mm Pro Series Throttle Bodies for Honda’s K-series are available now at a retail price of $400.90.

FEATURES:
Large 74mm Bore
Compatible With OEM Throttle Cable
CNC-Forged 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Construction
Sealed Bearings For Smooth Operation
Durable, Corrosion-Resistant Hard-Anodized Finish
Eliminates OEM Water lines For Cooler Operation
Integrated Skunk2 Badge

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/SK2-309-05-0095.html

See less See more
#48 · (Edited)
yup its got to be the spring! On another forum I read a nice comparison with the stock, the 70mm bdl, and the 70mm skunk2 it was a good breakdown of all the parts, and the spring on the bdl looked like trash compared to the oem and 70mm sk2. Since I have personally owned both the bdl 70mm and the 74mm, and installed both units, I must say wow. I almost died using the BDL. the throttle stuck open so many times I lost count. It was either on or off, no In between. No part throttle! The Sk2 74 I have but about 60 miles on so far and some hard street pulls. Its awesome. I also did some stop and go red light driving and sure enough A OK! One thing I did do was adjust the idle air control valve a bit and re scale the tps sensor.

#54 ·
prob 70mm im thinking. if you were pushing more power, like the turbo guys, then maybe the 74mm. but in all honesty i dont know much about throttle bodies lol. thats just my 2 cents.

you're better off with the stock throttle body with what you have anyways.

#57 ·
I think im gonna run one of these

#72 ·
So let me get this straight...you don't joke, but you tell me to bolt it on to my stock manifold and I will gain power, then you tell me it wont work unless I bore out my intake...then you tell me to do research, that is what I am doing right now by asking you guys that have had experience!!!

Thanks anyway bro...I am great with webers and old school tuning...back in the day we would all share info and help each other, I guess it is not the same here...the new generation is a little rude.

Later

#79 ·
Hey guys, so I got the 74 mm throttle body and the pro series intake manifold. After installed my injen cai wouldn't fit anymore. Cause the throttle body stuck out further than the stock tb. Then I got the sri. But the rubber elbow is a little too small for the throttle body. Had to muscle it in there. But it doesn't fit very well. Anyone else with this issue and how did you resolve it? Or what intake are you using with it? Very close to saying f it and going back to the stock tb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.