Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

K24a2 + boost --> 2002 DC5 Buildup

67K views 387 replies 73 participants last post by  shanketypes 
#1 · (Edited)
Found a blown TSX motor to replace my old and tired k20a2.

05 TSX, cylinder 1 ring is bad.

Engine is going into here: 2002 RSX-S

Plans for now are to swap my Brian Crower valvetrain and stg2 cams along with my RBC manifold into the k24. Clean up the engine bay while the motor is out, ABS delete, AC/PS removal, repaint bay.

Some goodies going in:
Ktuned AC/PS Delete Kit
Ktuned RBC Upper Coolant Housing
Ktuned K24 Swivel Neck Thermo Housing
Hybrid Timing Chain Tensioner
Hybrid Fuel Rail
Competition Stage 4 Clutch & Lightened Flywheel

All running E85 on RC750's for now.

And a Custom Turbo kit built by Excessive Autosports over the winter.

Updates will probably be slow, hope to be finished by the end of September.
First up is tearing down the K24A2.

7/27/10 Update
Cam caps and cams out

Rubber banded the rockers together

Rocker assembly all removed

Now to move onto the head bolts, any insight on getting those loose? PITA so far.

See less See more
#47 ·
I already have the ABS "unwired", now I need to figure out which wires go to the HVAC system and get rid of those. At first I thought it was gonna be a huge PITA, but its not as near as bad as I had imagined.

Update as well: K-tuned fuel parts ordered and should arrive any day. Wirecare.com wire sleeving by the end of the week.

#53 ·
Been waiting for a bunch of parts to come in, weeks worth of updates follows.

Decided to clean up my trans a little bit.

And then took out my stock fuel pump assembly and started putting in my walbro intank pump. Still waiting for my bosch 044 to arrive.

Honda order showed up finally, hopefully can get most of the bottom end put together tomorrow.

09 TSX pistons, so fresh!

#55 ·
lol my k20z1 took a crap also, so i did what you did.... swapped a k24a2 in it...ran into the rbc problem also...plan on tuning today so hoping to put down good numbers with my turbo setup

#57 ·
im using a t3/t4 bullseye power turbo 57 trim 63.ar....im stuck at 9psi but my setup made 330hp and 264 torque...i need to change out the wastegate spring this monday and plan on boosting 14-15 psi we expect to make over 400hp and way over 300 tq

#59 ·
Finished my fuel cage assembly last night.

Assembled my new pistons on my old rods and put on the fresh rings.

Bought some assembly lube, and put the crank back in the block ready for pistons now.

Also had my Jayracing 044 pump and 8AN fittings show up.
Jayracing 044 Pump

And I took a closeup shot of the old piston #1 that just looks terrible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.