Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Sc61 or GT35R

Tags
gt35r sc61
4K views 37 replies 11 participants last post by  Djstorm100 
#1 · (Edited)
Well i'm going to replace my turbo here soon, more than likely. What turbo as far as full model number should i go with (ar, trim, that kind of stuff) i have a base 5 speed so i have 7,500 redline. i would like to have a nice power band. but i want something that can support 625-up hp. Reason being I will more than likly build a motor later on. If you post up what turbo i should get, please tell me what rpm I would expect it to be at around 12psi please! Thanks everyone
D

Remember to post up what wheel, housing, i should get !!

#3 ·
SC61 with .63 hotside and STG3 wheel unless you plan on building your motor then go with the P-trim and for the compressor side depending on your manifold choice revhard go with the E cover and full race or something like it go with the S cover.

or look at it this way save a couple $$$ for a precision SC61 or a bit nicer turbo like GT35r for more $$$

#5 ·
All the gt--R are water cooled

sc61 and gt35r are both very good turbo

if you have the money get a gt35r

Ryan

#9 ·
Good luck getting a GT35R anytime soon, they are on national backorder. But my vote also goes to the 35R. Just an all around excellent performing turbo.

#12 ·
#14 ·
i have the 6169e and K20turbo has the 6176e...

i would atleast get the 6169e and if you end up gettin a FR manifold get the 6169S or 6176S <--- S cover

#18 ·
i have full boost at 4600rpm on my Gt35r @16psi

p.s i will post up pic's when i get my car back from the body shop

Ryan

#20 ·
i should have my car back this week..

revhard cast log turbo manifold

Ryan

#26 ·
yea i know they suck i got the same turbo lol i just wanted the same "power " that they got at 10 psi or at 15 psi... i like the power plamerblock made at 15 psi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.