Which turbo kit is right for you? - Page 19 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Turbo RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 05-13-2015, 04:36 PM   #451
DC5_bmal

DC5_bmal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_bmal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_bmal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_bmal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_bmal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_bmal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_bmal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_bmal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Has anyone ever tried doing a twin turbo set up on a k20 similar to the rb26dett? Similar in the sense that it's one turbo to 50% of the cylinders? Rb26dett has one turbo to the first 3 cylinders and then the other turbo to the other three cylinders. For the k20 you'd need all custom manifolds to split each turbo from the cylinders. You could even go with a true dual exhaust system or just join the downpipes and keep the single exhaust. I don't really know, I sort of just had this idea come to me while doing research on different engines and turbos. If anyone has done this or knows of something like this please send me a link.
DC5_bmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2016, 04:18 AM   #452
NH-DC5

NH-DC5 User will be banned for a week, please report them to an Admin
Garage
+ 1 for the Greddy Turbo Kit

Holy cow! I just read thru all 19pgs. It was a good read but this thread has a TON OF PORK! LOL. I went with a Greddy turbo kit. I am getting the feeling that most rsx owners are incapable of making a decision by themselves. Haha. Case in point.....

So it is 2016 and I just picked up a pre-owned Greddy Type S complete turbo kit for what I think (you may not!) is a smoking deal $1600 without the shitty emanage and it came with a HKS BOV, Downpipe, Greddy Intercooler and all of the nuts and bolts for the install. So I'd like to pick someone's brain with the following questions:

1. Greddy kit costed me $1600. Yay or nay?

(I still have my AM setup with Invidia RH/E that I do not mind keeping the AM setup and instead sell the turbo kit or vice versa keep the turbo and sell the Invidia 421 RH).

2. My whip is an 06 Type S does anyone know if the kit bolts up directly to an 06? The reason I ask is because the Greddy site has the kit listed for 02 to 04 K20A and not 06 K20Z1. Thanks!

3. I heard downgrading to 250cc injectors is the tits and will give more vtec power is this true? Lol. J/K!

4. I am running Ktuner (awesome btw). Does anyone have any greddy turbo tunes to share for an 06 Type S? If so, please PM the file to me. Super thanks!

5. Last question...Can someone please pass me a reference for a turbo dyno tune in the Socal area? Thanks.
NH-DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:25 PM   #453
angelj177

angelj177 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx angelj177 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx angelj177 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx angelj177 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx angelj177 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx angelj177 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx angelj177 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx angelj177 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I've got zero knowledge but if that kit doesnt fit ill buy it lol.
angelj177 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2016, 12:33 PM   #454
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-DC5 View Post
Holy cow! I just read thru all 19pgs. It was a good read but this thread has a TON OF PORK! LOL. I went with a Greddy turbo kit. I am getting the feeling that most rsx owners are incapable of making a decision by themselves. Haha. Case in point.....

So it is 2016 and I just picked up a pre-owned Greddy Type S complete turbo kit for what I think (you may not!) is a smoking deal $1600 without the shitty emanage and it came with a HKS BOV, Downpipe, Greddy Intercooler and all of the nuts and bolts for the install. So I'd like to pick someone's brain with the following questions:

1. Greddy kit costed me $1600. Yay or nay?

(I still have my AM setup with Invidia RH/E that I do not mind keeping the AM setup and instead sell the turbo kit or vice versa keep the turbo and sell the Invidia 421 RH).

2. My whip is an 06 Type S does anyone know if the kit bolts up directly to an 06? The reason I ask is because the Greddy site has the kit listed for 02 to 04 K20A and not 06 K20Z1. Thanks!

3. I heard downgrading to 250cc injectors is the tits and will give more vtec power is this true? Lol. J/K!

4. I am running Ktuner (awesome btw). Does anyone have any greddy turbo tunes to share for an 06 Type S? If so, please PM the file to me. Super thanks!

5. Last question...Can someone please pass me a reference for a turbo dyno tune in the Socal area? Thanks.
$1600 for any kind of boost is a good deal.
The Greddy kit is not terrible quality wise... but it's very limited. You won't ever be able to make 500whp+ out of it...
So basically, this kit is a good as your goals are. That's the key.
2014 Mustang 5.0 8.60@164 / 1.31 60ft
JUANonJUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:22 PM   #455
Chaosphere

Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
As a new RSX-S owner ('06@67k miles) Ive poured over all the info in the sticky threads and all the pages of replies. Also Ive done a fair amount of research on most of the popular kits and some custom ones as well. All that aside, I'm still pretty undecided on what kit Im looking for to shoot in the ballpark of 300-350 horses. Im shooting for that amount of power as this will be a somewhat daily along with my '99 tegg gsr. Im looking at the revhard and the full race kits as far as IC, piping oil line, manifold, BOV, and WG but Im looking for help on a reliable turbo itself. when you look at the kits online, power numbers are hard to find and this wont be a track/drag car or a power monster due to 'reliability' (relative term) Thanks for the read, any help is appreciated.
Chaosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:54 AM   #456
speedfreak0920

speedfreak0920 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I've been running the HKS gt2835 turbo kit along with the HKS intercooler kit for the past year. I absolutely love it. Paid $3500 brand new. Decent considering the original price is $3500 for the kit and $1500 for the intercooler kit. This was my DD and made around 280whp 220wtq on a k24a2 @ 5psi (wastegate). This season I'm putting the Z1 back in with internals or a full oem rebuild, and will run E85, 1000's and up the boost to around 10psi. The manifold on these cast log kits are where things bottle neck. If you want 400+ whp I'd say stick with Full-Race or any other company running tubular/sidewinder style manifolds.
speedfreak0920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:51 PM   #457
Chaosphere

Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Chaosphere is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks alot homie, 282 sounds perfect for me and Im planning on using an in-car boost controller so 220 lb/ft at just 5lbs sounds like a great daily amount of boost with an option to crank it up a few for a jolt. Ill do some research on the 2835. thats a Garrett model right?
Chaosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:08 AM   #458
speedfreak0920

speedfreak0920 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Yes it's a Garrett turbo. HKS opens them up and rebuilds them to their specs. It's a very good and responsive turbo. 250 wtq is plenty. You'll like it
speedfreak0920 is offline   Reply With Quote