My 06 RSX-S NHBP build and good-bye? - Page 6 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 04-15-2017, 12:52 PM   #126
koss1229

koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I can't imagine you let the car go after so much love put into these parts.
The thoughts about S2k and M3 come into my mind every once in a while, but it feels like betrayal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2017, 04:49 PM   #127
mineret301
typespilot

mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by koss1229 View Post
I can't imagine you let the car go after so much love put into these parts.
The thoughts about S2k and M3 come into my mind every once in a while, but it feels like betrayal.
I really do not want to sell, however I want a s2000 more than anything. Financially, I would feel irresponsible having both. I have wanted an S before I even discovered the DC5. The DC5 was such a practical choice. I do not need practical now that I have a CR-V.

I think the car going back to stock will make it easier for me to let it go.

As far as refinishing the oem parts, it should help it sell quicker. I think anyone who will look at it will appreciate it too.

I have to find time to start the transformation process, but I will take photos along the way.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:46 PM   #128
mineret301
typespilot

mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
amazing
Thank you

Old 04-20-2017, 11:28 PM   #129
mineret301
typespilot

I had some time today to remove some aftermarket parts and install the original equipment. I gave the car a quick wash first to knock the heavy layer of pollen off of it. I really have mixed emotions doing this. I decided to stick with the plan.

A quick shot of the engine after I pulled the car in the garage.

DC5 RSX-S with Mugen by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

I decided to start with the rear suspension first. I started by removing the rear panels that cover the rear struts. I removed the DC5 type R strut reinforcement bar. I forgot about it being there.

DC5 Type R strut reinforcement by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

DC5 Type R strut reinforcement by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

I then proceeded to remove the rear Mugen struts. I also have a 23mm Eibach rear sway bar that had to be removed. The refinished OEM 21mm is going back up.

DC5 Mugen rear coilover by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

Strut removed and sway bar removed.

06 RSX-S rear driver side by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

2006 RSX-S rear comparison with the Mugen rear

06 RSX-S rear coilover/ Mugen DC5 rear coilover by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

06 RSX-S rear coilover/ Mugen DC5 rear coilover by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

I had new bushings for the OEM rear sway bar and did not hesitate to install them.

06 RSX-S rear sway/ Eibach 23mm RSX sway by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

The Eibach sway bar utilized a different bushing to accommodate the 2mm larger size.

06 RSX-S rear sway/ Eibach 23mm RSX sway by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

OEM rear coilover installed.

06 RSX-S rear coilover by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

06 RSX-S rear coilover by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

OEM 21mm rear sway bar attached to Hardrace endlink.

DC5 RSX-S rear swaybar by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

DC5 RSX-S rear swaybar by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

The Tanabe exhaust was next in the equation.

RSX-S DC5 Tanabe exhaust by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

RSX-S Tanabe exhaust by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

OEM and Tanabe side by side

RSX-S exhaust/ DC5 Tanabe Medalion exhaust by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

OEM RSX-S b pipe/ DC5 Tanabe Medalion b pipe by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

DC5 Tanabe Medalion OEM RSX-S muffler by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

I really liked the Tanabe exhaust paired with the J's header. The Spoon exhaust was too loud for daily driving. The quality on the Tanabe is excellent. I would recommend this exhaust to anyone.

That is about it for now. I have not started on the front end yet, but that is going to be finished soon.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #130
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
This is all so sad; a mod regression! Good work though

But goodness, man! You sprayed/painted/coated the underbody of the wheel wells in black as well? Somebody someday is gonna get this "stock" RSX and find this undercoating and stainless steel brake lines and start to realize how well this car was maintained and maybe find this thread someday and put it all together, lol
Old 04-21-2017, 10:40 PM   #131
mineret301
typespilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGumby View Post
This is all so sad; a mod regression! Good work though

But goodness, man! You sprayed/painted/coated the underbody of the wheel wells in black as well? Somebody someday is gonna get this "stock" RSX and find this undercoating and stainless steel brake lines and start to realize how well this car was maintained and maybe find this thread someday and put it all together, lol

Thanks,

I actually feel sad undergoing all of this. I have to keep reminding myself that I will eventually have a s2000 to start working on.

I certainly hope the next owner of this vehicle understands how much care went into this car! I still think this is such a great car (I am a little biased!)
Old 04-21-2017, 11:25 PM   #132
mineret301
typespilot

I started working on the front end of the car today. I knew the front would include the header, air box, manifold, etc. I vividly remember taking all of the suspension components off in October 2015. It was a nightmare to remove all of the corroded hardware. This time around everything has been refreshed and the cadmium plating prevented any oxidation. It was a breeze removing everything this time.

A couple shots of the front before I started to remove everything.

DC5 RSX-S front suspension by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

DC5 RSX-S front suspension by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

DC5 RSX-S with type R sway bar by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

I removed the front Mugen coilover and placed it next to the OEM part to compare side by side differences. There are a couple subtle differences that can be seen.

06 RSX-S / Mugen DC5 front coilover by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

06 RSX-S / Mugen DC5 front coilover by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

Next, the front lower arm comparison from the DC5 Integra type R and the RSX-S

06 RSX-S front lower arm/ DC5R front lower arm by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

Just out of curiosity, I grabbed my scale and weighed the DC5 type R lower arm, and the DC5 type R lower arm with the heavier Hardrace bushings, and the OEM RSX-S lower arm. The US version is a heavy turd compared to the type R.

DC5R with Hardrace bushings

DC5R front lower arm Hardrace bushings by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

DC5R lower arm with type R bushings

DC5R front lower arm by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

06 RSX-S lower arm....the heaviest of the three

06 RSX-S lower arm by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

Next up is the comparison of the front sway bar. I removed the type R front sway and compared it to the larger RSX-S one.

06 RSX-S / DC5 type R front sway bar by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

06 RSX-S / DC5 type R front sway bar by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

I removed the J's Racing header and noticed the color change in the stainless from exposure to high temperatures.

DC5 J's Racing Header by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

I wanted to compare the J's with the OEM part. There is big difference in the bends and the tubing diameter.

DC5 J's Racing Header OEM RSX-S manifold by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

I spent a little time cleaning up the OEM part. I was able to grind away at excess splatter from the welding process inside each opening. I smoothed it out a little bit in a couple spots. I did not want to go overboard with it.

RSX-S Exhaust manifold by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

I have a little ways to go before I can get it off the jack stands and go for a test drive. I hope to have this car done soon. I do not like burning away my days off on a project like this....
Old 04-22-2017, 10:48 PM   #133
mineret301
typespilot

Back at it again today. I had a few WTF moments in the garage today. I can not wait to finish converting this car. It sucks removing everything I put so much thought and time into. I have had this car for so long...

I can remember looking up modified DC5s online when I first go the car. I always wanted to have upgraded parts to improve performance. The real irony is that I have about everything I could want for the car and now I am going to sell it. Life is funny sometimes. I am not 100 percent sure I am making the right decision, but I am compelled to complete this mission for some reason or another.

I finished the front suspension conversion and installed the factory exhaust.

Top view

2006 RSX-S OEM exhaust manifold by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

Bottom view

2006 RSX-S OEM exhaust by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

The catalytic converter received new replacement bolts. The original ones were so bad, I had to cut them off and push out the remainder. I used anti seize on the exhaust hardware to lessen the pain for the next person who removes this exhaust.

The refinished OEM sway bar and new bushings went in with ease.

Looking back at it

And the restrictive muffler. I actually polished the face of it a couple years back. I do not know why I wanted to do it. I think it looks better black. I should have painted over it...

IMG_8665 by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

Front passenger side shot of the refinished lower arm and OEM suspension components

2006 RSX-S by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

Front driver side shot

Since the exhaust and suspension are wrapped up, it is time to move to the RBC intake manifold and retrofit headlights. I have my original OEM headlights to put back on the car. The retros were OEM housings with TSX projectors.

I am draining the coolant out of the radiator while I type this up. It won't be long now until this is finished up.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:42 PM   #134
daje00
Master Member

daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey bro, i'm sorry if i missed it but all these parts are overwhelming. Are the parts you're taking off for sale?
Vibrant Stealth Muffler
Injen CAI , Hondata IMG
VibraTechnics rear mount
daje00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:02 AM   #135
mineret301
typespilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by daje00 View Post
Hey bro, i'm sorry if i missed it but all these parts are overwhelming. Are the parts you're taking off for sale?
I have a little problem with OCD and the way I go about doing things....

With that being said, I plan on finishing the de-modifications to the car.

I will then focus on making an ad and list the car for sale.

My wife has a 2005 RSX-S. Some of the components will probably trickle over to her car.

To answer your question, I have not decided what parts are going up for sale.

2005 Acura RSX-S by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

I can say that in a couple weeks I should have more clarity as to what I will sell.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:41 PM   #136
daje00
Master Member

daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nice, I'll be keeping an eye on the post.
Vibrant Stealth Muffler
Injen CAI , Hondata IMG
VibraTechnics rear mount
daje00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:49 PM   #137
rsx-s03

rsx-s03 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I'm enjoying the disassembly as much as when you were doing the rebuild at the beginning of the thread.. Good job!
rsx-s03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:31 AM   #138
mineret301
typespilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx-s03 View Post
I'm enjoying the disassembly as much as when you were doing the rebuild at the beginning of the thread.. Good job!
Thanks!
Old 04-24-2017, 07:56 AM   #139
mineret301
typespilot

The RBC manifold removal was next on the list.

06 RSX-S RBC manifold by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

The throttle body and Karcepts adapter removal

06 RSX-S RBC/Karcepts adapter by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

Fuel rail removal

Injector removal

Removal of the RBC manifold

06 RSX-S by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

Here is a quick comparison of the RBC and the PRB manifolds. I had an extra Hondata thermal gasket and could not find a cheap metal OEM one to throw on.

RBC / PRB Honda manifolds by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

RBC / PRB Honda manifolds by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

PRB installed

06 RSX-S PRB manifold by Corey Ganoom, on Flickr

Throttle body back on

Injectors and Fuel Rail back on

Routing throttle and cruise cables

Cables attached and adjusted

All set. Now I will attach the OEM air intake, reinstall the manifold cover, and refill the coolant. Headlight installation soon after.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:32 AM   #140
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
I can't get over how clean this build and revert back to stock/OEM has been. Truly inspirational!

I can see the attention to details has been and will continue to be exquisite. Most folks just slap stuff on to get the car sold... Whoever buys this RSX will have make out for sure. I just hope it's a buyer who can appreciate what you've done and not drive it into the ground.
cube -n- crew #uno | Short on Mod Cash Crew Member #35
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM   #141
mineret301
typespilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
I can't get over how clean this build and revert back to stock/OEM has been. Truly inspirational!

I can see the attention to details has been and will continue to be exquisite. Most folks just slap stuff on to get the car sold... Whoever buys this RSX will have make out for sure. I just hope it's a buyer who can appreciate what you've done and not drive it into the ground.
I appreciate the comment. Thank you.

I think the work put into the RSX will help the sale. (Hopefully). It is also a hobby for me to tinker in the garage. I should have picked a career in the automotive field instead of nursing...

I know I will be looking for a used s2000 that was owned by someone with the same passion.
Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM   #142
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Oh, nursing! No wonder you have time on your hands, because you work 12's. I'll tell you what -- that definitely has it's pros. My wife does that, and back before she was a mom, she would be able to work 3-4 days early one week, then 3-4 days late the next week, and have off like 7 days in the middle without using any vaca! I wish I didn't have to be at my office on a regular 8-5 MTWRF fashion and could do stuff like this, but I get home and it's dinner, spend time with kids, and get them to bed. Not really gonna work on the car at 8pm. Sorry for rambling but props to you that you can get stuff like this done. It's a very efficient way to work. Everything I do is start stop start stop unless I take vaca or have no family obligations.

OMGosh did you relocate the engine ground back to the stock location? lol, true to form . Wait, idk if you should do that because you put in an IMG
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM   #143
mineret301
typespilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGumby View Post
Oh, nursing! No wonder you have time on your hands, because you work 12's. I'll tell you what -- that definitely has it's pros. My wife does that, and back before she was a mom, she would be able to work 3-4 days early one week, then 3-4 days late the next week, and have off like 7 days in the middle without using any vaca! I wish I didn't have to be at my office on a regular 8-5 MTWRF fashion and could do stuff like this, but I get home and it's dinner, spend time with kids, and get them to bed. Not really gonna work on the car at 8pm. Sorry for rambling but props to you that you can get stuff like this done. It's a very efficient way to work. Everything I do is start stop start stop unless I take vaca or have no family obligations.

OMGosh did you relocate the engine ground back to the stock location? lol, true to form . Wait, idk if you should do that because you put in an IMG
Yeah, 12hr shifts that are more like 13-14 hr days. I can't complain about three days on and four days off. I do work a decent amount of weekends and holidays though. My wife is a school nurse and will have her whole summer off in a few weeks. That is even better!

I do not think I could do M-F routine after my three day hustle for the past 11 years.

I can not even lie, I actually hooked the ground up without even thinking about the Hondata IMG! Damn, good catch man!.

Thanks!

Man you are paying attention to detail!