New Turbo *Chat* because the OGs are back to rape face! - Page 61 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > Turbo
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #1501
JTypeS

JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
I ended pulling the trigger on a comp turbo 5862 ball bearing. I hopefully is reliable lol
JTypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2017, 09:43 AM   #1502
02s2knick

02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Mornin

bosch 044s came in that i bought from Juan

makes me want to sell my 45' goose neck to buy a turbo kit.
99 Camry - (totaled) plate&6 screws in my forearm
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
02s2knick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:56 AM   #1503
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
2014 Mustang 5.0 8.60@164 / 1.31 60ft
JUANonJUAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #1504
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own JUANonJUAN must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02s2knick View Post
Mornin

bosch 044s came in that i bought from Juan

makes me want to sell my 45' goose neck to buy a turbo kit.
I kept the stock sock on the walbro so that you don't have to fiddle with it.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:13 AM   #1505
02s2knick

02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANonJUAN View Post
I kept the stock sock on the walbro so that you don't have to fiddle with it.
If i decide to use it ill probably throw a new sock on it.

Thinking about running fuel through the 044s just to clean them out real good since they are going to be on the shelf for a little bit.
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old 02-17-2017, 11:58 AM   #1506
BigWorm85
armchair engine builder

BigWorm85 gets around and is known
BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known
Old 02-17-2017, 12:46 PM   #1507
Rmenjoi33
Master Member

Rmenjoi33 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rmenjoi33 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rmenjoi33 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rmenjoi33 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rmenjoi33 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rmenjoi33 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rmenjoi33 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rmenjoi33 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rmenjoi33 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
Got a buddy of mine to make a fancy new vac block and sandblast all my charge piping for me. My car almost lives once again
Shop started on my piping yesterday and once it's back it's a bunch of little stuff and we can start it!

Follow me on IG:kswappedgtr
Rmenjoi33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:52 PM   #1508
BigWorm85
armchair engine builder

BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTypeS View Post
I ended pulling the trigger on a comp turbo 5862 ball bearing. I hopefully is reliable lol
those the turbos that don't require an oil line?
Old 02-17-2017, 02:51 PM   #1509
JTypeS

JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx JTypeS might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm85 View Post
those the turbos that don't require an oil line?
Comp has that option but i didnt buy that one. I got their triple ball bearing option.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:38 PM   #1510
02s2knick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTypeS View Post
Comp has that option but i didnt buy that one. I got their triple ball bearing option.
what manifold are you using?
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old 02-17-2017, 05:47 PM   #1511
JTypeS

Quote:
what manifold are you using?
Skunk2 ultra street
Old 02-18-2017, 07:55 AM   #1512
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmenjoi33 View Post
Shop started on my piping yesterday and once it's back it's a bunch of little stuff and we can start it!
About damn time! I still need to buy/make all my fuel/vacuum lines so i still have some work to do.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:39 PM   #1513
kracker
Still tuning....

kracker is a name not to mess with
kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with
So, you ever have those moments you think to yourself that your an idiot?! I tore my car down to replace my IC, new IC piping, exhaust modifications, bumper tabs, valve springs, etc...and I then noticed that I've been pushing 450whp though this intercooler. I completely forgot that it was this small. . Turbo aint gonna know what to do, should alleviate some back pressure/restriction going to 2.5/3" IC (2.5" piping).

2.00" nominal

2.25" nominal
Old 02-20-2017, 08:40 AM   #1514
02s2knick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kracker View Post
So, you ever have those moments you think to yourself that your an idiot?! I tore my car down to replace my IC, new IC piping, exhaust modifications, bumper tabs, valve springs, etc...and I then noticed that I've been pushing 450whp though this intercooler. I completely forgot that it was this small. . Turbo aint gonna know what to do, should alleviate some back pressure/restriction going to 2.5/3" IC (2.5" piping).

2.00" nominal
What make intercooler you going to now?

hope everyone had a good weekend.... i nearly rolled my chereokee off roading this weekend... that was interesting
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old 02-20-2017, 11:00 AM   #1515
BigWorm85
armchair engine builder

Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM   #1516
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM   #1517
kracker
Still tuning....

kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with
Quote:
What make intercooler you going to now?

hope everyone had a good weekend.... i nearly rolled my chereokee off roading this weekend... that was interesting
I'll let y'all know once it gets here...In case it don't work I won't be an utter failure cause y'all won't know about it.
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM   #1518
02s2knick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kracker View Post
I'll let y'all know once it gets here...In case it don't work I won't be an utter failure cause y'all won't know about it.
i have to ask... what exhaust manifold are you using?
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM   #1519
02s2knick

Quote:
how was the vacation?
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM   #1520
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
how was the vacation?
It was great, i didn't go to the car meets because 2 different friends of mine told me they have been stealing cars left and right, and the cops are all over those meets... so kinda not worth it. So not much car fun... but i did gap a couple of cool cars on the hwy that tried to pick on me lol.
Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM   #1521
02s2knick

Quote:
It was great, i didn't go to the car meets because 2 different friends of mine told me they have been stealing cars left and right, and the cops are all over those meets... so kinda not worth it. So not much car fun... but i did gap a couple of cool cars on the hwy that tried to pick on me lol.
videos or it didnt happen! i caught one of your facebook live feeds saturday but the tail end of the recording. Couldnt hear anything you two was saying while the truck was full spool pulling the gooseneck and jeep to the mountains.
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM   #1522
02s2knick

I keep looking at that KMOD kit in the for sale thread. It seems like a good kit, minus 2.5" intercooler piping. But im really leaning towards a twin scroll setup. he is asking 3k without turbo and fuel pump.
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM   #1523
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
videos or it didnt happen! i caught one of your facebook live feeds saturday but the tail end of the recording. Couldnt hear anything you two was saying while the truck was full spool pulling the gooseneck and jeep to the mountains.
I didn't have the gopro on the car as they were very random races and I don't drive around with the gopro stuck to the trunk of the car and turned on haha.

Quote:
I keep looking at that KMOD kit in the for sale thread. It seems like a good kit, minus 2.5" intercooler piping. But im really leaning towards a twin scroll setup. he is asking 3k without turbo and fuel pump.
You don't need bigger intercooler piping. I made over 800whp with 2.5" in and out. Full exhaust and RBC intake manifold. The 2.5" piping is not "robbing" power until you start making huge power. Hell i'm sure if i upgraded my intercooler and kept the 2.5" piping it'd still be fine.
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM   #1524
02s2knick

Quote:
I didn't have the gopro on the car as they were very random races and I don't drive around with the gopro stuck to the trunk of the car and turned on haha.

You don't need bigger intercooler piping. I made over 800whp with 2.5" in and out. Full exhaust and RBC intake manifold. The 2.5" piping is not "robbing" power until you start making huge power. Hell i'm sure if i upgraded my intercooler and kept the 2.5" piping it'd still be fine.
thats nice to know! Did you ever run a twin scroll mani or just single scroll?

Im trying to determine if its worth going twin scroll. Driving on the streets as a semi daily, a twin scroll would seem nice to improve response on like a 62mm s300sx BW or one of the EFR turbos.
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM   #1525
kracker
Still tuning....

Quote:
i have to ask... what exhaust manifold are you using?
Peakboost, fitted with a 60mm dump, retrofitted for a 45mm (that can be changed back to 60mm if need be).

Quote:

As long as the air speed is calculated to be under .4 Mach, it's good to go. In my situation, the IC in/out is probably affecting me and the stock TB opening is probably close to becoming a restriction eventually, got to figure in butterfly and shaft area taking up space. Probably gonna leave it be though.