Bone stock type s ... just making sure I am making good choices ... - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > Bolt-On Basics: RSX Type-S
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 01-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #26
cblack360
06 RSX TYPE S *bone stock

cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02s2knick View Post
i would seriously consider k tune. you can pick up K tune for your car for $500. I just picked up a 04 Type S last week (had a 02 in the past). It has a CAI, and apexi WS2 with a stock header. I drove it 1 day, hated not having Kpro.. And sent the ECU yesterday to hondata. I LOVED kpro it makes the car COMPLETELY different once tuned correctly.
KPRO will be the next upgrade for sure ... I really wanna run a ktune header but I think im just gonna hold off. I want the full potential of the k20z1 baby. It does pull like a beast compared to before.
cblack360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2017, 07:49 PM   #27
cblack360

cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
So Im looking at the KPRO ... found a place to do the install and tune the car. 695 for Kpro installed and 350 for the tune ... would you consider this a good price for the kpro installed and tuned? Saying he can have the car back to me in a day prob also.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:12 PM   #28
02s2knick

02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblack360 View Post
So Im looking at the KPRO ... found a place to do the install and tune the car. 695 for Kpro installed and 350 for the tune ... would you consider this a good price for the kpro installed and tuned? Saying he can have the car back to me in a day prob also.
Not sure how your able to get Kpro for a 05 06 type s so cheap. But $350 is about the going rate for a all motor tune. My local shop charges the same for all motor tunes.

For my car im going to do a street tune for now until i get a header.
99 Camry - (totaled) plate&6 screws in my forearm
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
02s2knick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2017, 07:57 PM   #29
cblack360

another quick question ... I want to do either a header or intake manifold ... which is gonna give me the biggest bang for the buck right now. I have a injen cai and the hks hi power exhaust ...
Old 01-30-2017, 11:33 PM   #30
DC5Sandbag

DC5Sandbag is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Sandbag is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Sandbag is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Sandbag is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Sandbag is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Sandbag is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Sandbag is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Sandbag is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Sandbag is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
another quick question ... I want to do either a header or intake manifold ... which is gonna give me the biggest bang for the buck right now. I have a injen cai and the hks hi power exhaust ...
Get the header.
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:45 PM   #31
Enishi26
VTEC Connoisseur

Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Get the header. When I got my header I added my exhaust at the same time(upgraded from a custom exhaust). I gained 20whp from the switch and it made me fall in love with driving again. Definitely get the header
Enishi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:17 PM   #32
dc5cbc05
Master Member

dc5cbc05 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Highly recommend Ktuner. they have a reflash for the CAI/RH/RBC package. it's only 500 and it's plug and play.

as far as the water issues with CAI. I usually just remove the intake coupling from the TB and run it open for the time being. Obviously I avoid huge puddles still but you'll be alright.

good luck with your build
dc5cbc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #33
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
So when you get the end user, do you get that cai/rh/rbc reflash cal on the unit as well? Just curious if one were to order it and get an e-tune remotely, etc.

Also, dude, running with no filter!? Type-Spaz did a thing where he disconnects the end of the elbow and turns it and attaches a really short SRI

cblack360, yeah get the header. IM's won't do you much in comparison, especially without a tune (RBC might do worse)
Old 02-01-2017, 01:38 PM   #34
dc5cbc05
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGumby View Post
So when you get the end user, do you get that cai/rh/rbc reflash cal on the unit as well? Just curious if one were to order it and get an e-tune remotely, etc.

Also, dude, running with no filter!? Type-Spaz did a thing where he disconnects the end of the elbow and turns it and attaches a really short SRI

cblack360, yeah get the header. IM's won't do you much in comparison, especially without a tune (RBC might do worse)
Yes the end user comes with all 3 reflashes available to upload to your car. HA motorsports did try to give me a slightly altered one since I have some weight shaved off of my crank and lightweight flywheel but it wasn't much different. As you seen from the dyno thread, the actual tune was way better. especially with the RBC. as you stated it might do worse without a tune.

yeah I used to have a short plastic intake elbow from autozone with a filter attached and it would be a really short short ram like you mentioned spaz doing but ended up losing it a while ago and I was obviously very cautious about where I was driving and what was going under my car just in case. lol It was one of those "no other way" moments that happened occasionally.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:58 PM   #35
dc5cbc05
Master Member

Quote:
so with the cold air intake and exhaust what would be better for the next upgrade ... intake manifold or header? Which one is gonna produce more for the buck
like irongumby said on an untuned platform the manifold will probably hurt you more than anything. However you might still be doing some damage with a race header AND exhaust. I believe it will lean out if i'm not mistaken.

Personally I felt great power with just a CAI and Race header alone. The 05/06 piping did me justice as is.

If I were you I would look at the very least a reflash. It's the same cost as a header but you'll probably have the best outcome from that. the k series is very picky when changing parts with out tuning for them.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:23 PM   #36
cblack360

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5cbc05 View Post
like irongumby said on an untuned platform the manifold will probably hurt you more than anything. However you might still be doing some damage with a race header AND exhaust. I believe it will lean out if i'm not mistaken.

Personally I felt great power with just a CAI and Race header alone. The 05/06 piping did me justice as is.

If I were you I would look at the very least a reflash. It's the same cost as a header but you'll probably have the best outcome from that. the k series is very picky when changing parts with out tuning for them.
How is a reflash going to help anything? Its not a tune ... its a preset map? the reflash isn't as expensive but then looking at 350 for a tune ... and if you get new parts you have to tune again. I am getting the kpro , but it seems ridiculous to get a tune when you have two bolt ons.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:25 PM   #37
cblack360

and another question about the race header ... with a race header it eliminates the cat ... how is that not going to throw codes? I am pretty sure in the state of NC that you have to pass emissions
Old 02-01-2017, 07:36 PM   #38
dc5cbc05
Master Member

Reflash is a preset map based on a general tune done for the specific mods that you have. Thus eliminating the real "need" for a tune unless you want to be 100% certain you are squeezing every last inch of HP and your motor is running 100%. there are plenty of people who love the reflash so I'm sure it will do just fine for your two mods.

hence my earlier suggestion of ktuner. for the price of the kpro unit alone you can have Ktuner
and a tune.

If you buy a race header you will need the extended O2 sensor wire as well as a defouler. (CEL Eliminator). Some people say they work however Mine still came on.

ktuner/hondata reflash-290
Kpro-900ish after all parts needed
ktuner end user-500

race header-200-700 usually 300 area but depending on brand and used/new.

if you're going to just keep it those 2 mods then reflash is the least expensive but it's up to you in the end
Old 02-02-2017, 01:12 PM   #39
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yeah a reflash is a cookie-cutter tune... a pre-tune so to speak. (Although Ktuner you can actually get a tune flashed onto your car if you go with the reflash option (you just can't alter it cuz it's not the end user)). I loved my Hondata Reflash (intake only). It was superb for how much it woke up the car. Then I got a race header and you really shouldn't run an intake reflash with a race header (stock tune is okay though because it's more rich). So then I got the now discontinued Hondata race header reflash which makes it safe again and got rid of the 2ndary O2 sensor code (seen as a emissions defeat device so they stopped the offering). Not everyone has to pass emissions so yeah choose wisely (or swap stock exhaust manifold/cat back on every test).

Reflashes worked for me cuz I have no dealers near me and I don't have a lot of spare time (but I do have a spare car) so I just shipped the ECU and stuff out and when I got back my package and it was like Christmas morning all over again

But if I could do it all over again I would just get Ktuner end user since it has 3 reflashes on it, and then you can still get it tuned someday if you like! Ktuner wasn't out yet when I started my modding process, nor was the Hondata race header reflash. (I didn't buy a header until they came out with it, and upgraded for another $150 bucks, which... is like the price of Ktuner! ).
Old 02-02-2017, 03:28 PM   #40
dc5cbc05
Master Member

Quote:

But if I could do it all over again I would just get Ktuner end user since it has 3 reflashes on it, and then you can still get it tuned someday if you like! Ktuner wasn't out yet when I started my modding process, nor was the Hondata race header reflash. (I didn't buy a header until they came out with it, and upgraded for another $150 bucks, which... is like the price of Ktuner! ).
Agreed. Might as well just get the end user. It's worth it in the long run, plus a huge benefit is that you get to KEEP YOUR IMMOBILIZER!
Old 02-16-2017, 08:05 PM   #41
cblack360

Well I did a thing today ... I got the Skunk 2 alpha series race header installed and got ktuner and tuned today ....
Old 02-16-2017, 08:12 PM   #42
Enishi26
VTEC Connoisseur

Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hell yea!! How do you like it?
Enishi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:15 PM   #43
dc5cbc05
Master Member

congrats. How did you make out? I'm sure its a noticeable difference from the stock output. you should buy my coils so you could lower your car too!. lol
Old 02-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #44
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

Quote:
Well I did a thing today ... I got the Skunk 2 alpha series race header installed and got ktuner and tuned today ....
he made no comment; he hates it, lol.

c'mon, man!
Old 02-17-2017, 12:16 PM   #45
dc5cbc05
Master Member

i'm going to take a guess though and sayyyyy.......212/156?
Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM   #46
cblack360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enishi26 View Post
Hell yea!! How do you like it?
I fucking love it ... it made 205 whp and 150 lbs. Power is a unbelievable difference ... because it makes power all the way across the rpm range now. Vtec is at like 4200 at full throttle ...
Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM   #47
cblack360

Quote:
i'm going to take a guess though and sayyyyy.......212/156?
very close tho
Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM   #48
cblack360

Quote:
he made no comment; he hates it, lol.

c'mon, man!
ah you know better than that!!! I love this fucking car
Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM   #49
cblack360

Quote:
congrats. How did you make out? I'm sure its a noticeable difference from the stock output. you should buy my coils so you could lower your car too!. lol
I do want to lower it ... but I have to make pretty long trips weekly right now because I play pro indoor football. It will be after the season before I can make it the way I really want it. I just wanted it faster right now lol
Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM   #50
cblack360

quick question ... so my tuner was telling me if I got the RBC intake mani that it would prob make another 5 or so hp ... but he said the one that comes off the si has to be cut to fit. I am not trying to deal with that ... so ... he also said something about skunk 2 making one that is almost identical to the type r ... lets hear this feedback.