PRC Mani + 05 Type S Reflash (I/itrheader/E) - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 05-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
jamesdkim87

jamesdkim87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamesdkim87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamesdkim87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamesdkim87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamesdkim87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamesdkim87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamesdkim87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamesdkim87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
PRC Mani + 05 Type S Reflash (I/itrheader/E)

already posted in bolt on section, but i wasnt sure where to post so im making one here.

So i have a 05 type s with injen cai, catted type r header, catback and hondata img.
Just wondering if I can squeeze a lil more out of the setup by getting a prc manifold. I plan to get the reflash at some point too. Will it run lean?

Also, if no one has the exact same setup, does anyone have a similar setup and know their a/f ratios? im wondering what spots are going to still be running rich. as i understand, the prc will be mainly leaning out the midrange.
jamesdkim87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
04ITR
Master Member

04ITR is on a distinguished road
Hey dude I sent you a pm to answer your question from bolt on section but ill post something here too.
If you get the reflash with the prc manifold you will most likely be off on a/f ratio. Your best bet would be to skip the prc manifold and just stick with what you have and reflash. I heard that the intake manifold from the k20z1 are very similar to the prc and therefore it wouldn't be worth it for you at all. If someone knows if im wrong about the manifold please correct me. Also you could always get the reflash now and upgrade to kpro later in which case you could get a new manifold and tune it
04ITR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
kobe65

kobe65 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
my car has an RBC IM, CAI and DC Sports RH and at wot runs at almost 10:1 AFR with OEM ECU...06 type-S, btw

From what I've heard, the 05-06 reflash is something similar to a type-R map...but take into consideration that a type-R in japan runs at approximately 98oct fuel...that is what probably will get your car a little bit lean, the lack of oct...
kobe65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2011, 02:00 AM   #4
Mr.dc5k20

Mr.dc5k20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mr.dc5k20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mr.dc5k20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mr.dc5k20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mr.dc5k20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mr.dc5k20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mr.dc5k20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mr.dc5k20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
You might loss little power in the midrange like everyone be saying but you'll pull harder in the top end!

Last edited by Mr.dc5k20; 06-10-2011 at 12:35 AM..
Mr.dc5k20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
LeoA86
Master Member

LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i have an 06 type s, with injen sri, hondata img, pr2 tb thermal gasket, jdm type r header and cat, mated with a injen catback... i recently installed the prc mani, but the car was idling weird, and when i gave it gas, the car bogged out.... Basicly when i took of the mani and compared it to the prb(stock mani), their is a hole that the prb has, that is no in the prc... i think it is like the iacv passage, or a passage for the map sensor. So basically i am getting the prc mani taken to the machine shop to have the hole made, then all will be good. And side note, i will also get the hondata reflash with this...im sure the vehicle will run great, and not lean like most people say...

our set ups are similar excet for intakes.
LeoA86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
dKC Bullet
FORM>FUNCTION

dKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i know this is a noob question. i have an 06 type s and will it be ok if i only run I/RH/E with the 05-06 reflash? will i gain a lot with only the basic bolt ons?
dKC Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
Evil_X
Combat Veteran

Evil_X gets around and is known
Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by dKC Bullet View Post
i know this is a noob question. i have an 06 type s and will it be ok if i only run I/RH/E with the 05-06 reflash? will i gain a lot with only the basic bolt ons?
Hondata doesn't recommend running a RH on a 05/06 unless you have Kpro to tune for it, because of it runing lean (w/ or w/o the reflash) , but there are 100's of 05/06-S owners that are running a RH w/o Kpro so........

I look at it this way....My car is my DD, and my ONLY car. I don't wanna be that ONE person that gets a RH and something "happens". I refuse to spend over $1K for Kpro just because I have a RH and get it "tuned" for that RH.

I also don't plan to "highly" mod my car, so the $XXX it cost to get a RH is not worth the "few" extra HP. Thats why a cai/reflash was perfect for me, the before/after is night & day difference, and I love it...
Evil_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #8
LeoA86
Master Member

LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LeoA86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Success! i modified my prc mani and it was a bolt on success for my 06 type s! car feels freaking awsome, and can't wait to get the reflash! IF you're wondering what i "modified"
i had to make a vacuum port hole for the map sensor that the 05-06 type s have for the tb flange, and well i made it and car runs sick with the mani and jdm header and cat..feels great.. peace out mo fos.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:26 AM   #9
LeoA86
Master Member

Old 11-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #10
Type-SBeast

Type-SBeast is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
You got any pics I was thinking of gettin a prc. I'm runnin a 02 though
Type-SBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #11
antoneexx

antoneexx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx antoneexx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx antoneexx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx antoneexx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx antoneexx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx antoneexx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx antoneexx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx antoneexx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
do not do this it is a waste of your time... if you do anything save your money and get yourself a kpro and run a rbc when you get the cash... you will see huge differences in power across the whole rpm band if you do this ...
antoneexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #12
LeoA86
Master Member

I spent 40 bones on the prc, a steal. and its direct bolt on, no fabrication needed, don't need to relocate shit, and move shit around, just leave it as it is.....and im not spending 1500 on kpro plus tune(200-400 dollars) when im not doing anything else to my car. 300 on a reflash is fine for me.... im not getting cams, nitrous, pistons, or anything else other than my i/h/e. rather spend the 1500 on some sick rims and tires, or suspension.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #13
LeoA86
Master Member

@ type s beast.....i have pics but you can't really see the prc mani cuz i have the cover on..so the bay looks stock, stealthy.lol but take my word for it, its legit, and since you have an 02 s..its a direct bolt-on, for mine i had to make a vacuum port for the map sensor.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:56 AM   #14
millerlite

millerlite is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoA86 View Post
@ type s beast.....i have pics but you can't really see the prc mani cuz i have the cover on..so the bay looks stock, stealthy.lol but take my word for it, its legit, and since you have an 02 s..its a direct bolt-on, for mine i had to make a vacuum port for the map sensor.
We need some info on this for 05/06 owners. So all you did was Take it to machine shop to get that hole done and that was it direct bolt on?
millerlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #15
Evolution-98-GSR
OG H-T Member Now on CRSX

Evolution-98-GSR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Evolution-98-GSR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Evolution-98-GSR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Evolution-98-GSR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Evolution-98-GSR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Evolution-98-GSR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Evolution-98-GSR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Evolution-98-GSR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have a 2005 Type S, So you can slap on the PRC but just need a 02-04 TB ? and the sensors plug up just fine ?
Evolution-98-GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:21 PM   #16
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
You actually don't even need that. Check out this thread. You have to modify your TB gasket (it helps if you have an aftermarket phenolic plastic one) to cut out a path for the MAP to flow/vacuum, er whatever. Or you can stack oem-style gaskets on top of each other and cut them like the one guy did.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=909722
Actually, screamingz1 said he used the stock paper thin TB gasket and it worked, lol: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1110905

Last edited by IronGumby; 02-16-2017 at 12:28 PM..
IronGumby is offline   Reply With Quote