Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

*Chat* Coilovers and Suspensions, Discuss and Ask All Related Questions in Here

22K views 217 replies 60 participants last post by  gpbruner 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Im new to the suspension game but i wanted to know a few things

1. Im looking for coilovers that i can adjust to go higher in the winter time if need be. what are my options?
2. are the coilover sleeves my best bet? im looking for something not to pricey as well what all do i need with those?
3 do you know that set functional height?
Thanks for the help!

#200 ·
if anyone is looking for new tein for cheaper the price, this guy is selling the street flex which i think is pretty sweet. i do not know the seller or anything like that, not really vouching for the guy but still take a look. i think price is good so...

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1186241

#202 ·
Kind of a suspension story. What do you all do for alignments? I'm lowered and barely get on the alignment rack as it is, but i'm about to add a front lip which will definitely screw that up. Do i just remove my front bumper every time I need an alignment?

#204 ·
I have about a one to two finger gap all the way around. but I have no clue how far i am from the ground. As for alignment shops are you talking about places like firestone, etc. or actual custom shops?

#206 ·
Yeah that's the problem haha finding a gap. When i was in Nashville (bigger city) I found a old shot where I just drove straight on, and the person working was in the ground. But since then I have not found a shop that has a set up like that one.

#207 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the club I've been having my rsx for a while now and I've been thinking about coilovers. Tein coilovers doesn't seem bad. Any others I could check out?
I want a smooth ride. I have a stock body and I wanna know if a 3" drop will look good on it.
It's an rsx 2002.
Thank you!!

#210 ·
Does any one have any pictures of the rear lower control arms by Kseries installed on their RSX? They look great in the picture but they look too dark, not sure if you'll be able to notice them while under the car.

They got one review on kseriesparts but of course no pictures.

Kseries LCA

Thanks,

#216 ·
it is up to you buddy. are you the type to have something and just use it or going to be messing with the damping quite often to get the advanced? most people use it right out of the box which are set to about the middle and they say it feels just fine. now you may want to have it more one way or another so you could adjust it (more than once) to get it just right.

if i were to get one, i would go for the street advanced just in case i want to change something down the road. it also doesn't seem to be a huge difference in price...

with the advanced, setting it to 0 would be the stiffest and 16 would be softest. you get the ability to set it anywhere between for that feel you want.

totally up to you man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.