DIY:Acura TL 4 Piston Brembo Caliper Upgrade For Acura RSX - Page 22 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 04-14-2016, 02:09 PM   #526
RSlowXS
Master Member

RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by raya2tov View Post
It about a 5mm gap, I dont daily it that much so it stays at my job. The spacers are coming out when I get tl-s wheels
pics of finished product and all angles.. sounds like its gonna sit mexi-flush

If it works tho props!
RSlowXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #527
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
yea we want to see on the car lol

ATLANTA DALLAS
RSXRetrofits | VisionAutoworks | Team Hi-Def
UnitF14 Powdercoating | O'Reilly Plano
cauQazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:42 PM   #528
Anointed_DC5
Anointed

Anointed_DC5 is on a distinguished road Anointed_DC5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am installing these on my stock 16' everything clears, I ordered a 40mm hubcentric spacer to make it hapen
Something has to have been lost in translation here.
Anointed_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2016, 07:59 PM   #529
raya2tov

raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSlowXS View Post
pics of finished product and all angles.. sounds like its gonna sit mexi-flush

If it works tho props!
Will do, Is going to look funny for some days but who cares
raya2tov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:55 PM   #530
black dc5
Master Member

black dc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I had the DC5R Brembos on mine for a while. Nice to see the TL-S option is available for replacement. Do the TL-S Brembos really fit the 05 wheels for sure? No spacers or anything?

I only read the first post as I don't have much web access right now, the S2000 rotors needed a spacer with the DC5R Brembos-- not the case with the TL-S Brembos?

Lastly, the main flaw I don't like with the DC5R Brembos is that the threaded portion of the caliper that bolts it onto the knuckle tends to seize. I've seen this happen on the Brembos off of the 350Z and STis... is it also an issue on these?
black dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #531
fatso666

fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
your answers:

-I think you always need spacers because the calipers from the TL-S are bigger than DC5R.

-you dont need spacers if you drill 6mm from the caliper to align the center of the rotor as i did (read the thread).

-No (so far, so good)
(2004 to 2006) 1993 Honda Civic SI Blue
(2006 to 2008) 1994 Acura Integra DC2 White
(2009 Forever) 2003 Acura RSX Type S NHBP
fatso666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:35 PM   #532
fatso666

fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Look i'm going to change it for the bigger TL-S BMC because my pedal travel is too long. I finally found a civic BMC reservoir to make the swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahong16 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the physical appearance of it shouldn't matter. It's the number on the bottom of the BMC that determines the size. The RSX-S is 15/16" and I remember reading somewhere in this thread that the TL-S was a smaller number, like 13/16". I don't know exactly what that number means but I think it has something to do with the internals of the BMC. If this is true, that means the RSX-S BMC is more than enough for this swap as the TL-S Brembos only require a 13/16" BMC and anything bigger is better cause you will be pushing more fluid. Also if I remember correctly, the DC5R also uses a 15/16" BMC.

What I think still is the more important problem which no one seems to care about is the proportioning valve. Right now the balance is for stock brake calipers. The TL-S most likely has a different bias because its a completely different car, 4dr sedan with a v6, its gonna weigh more. The TL-S could be more front bias or rear or 50/50. Same with the RSX-S, don't really know what the bias is but the prop valve we have for the car is meant for stock brake calipers so that means its the brembos will be worked according to that prop valve. When you think about it, that means either the brembos are overpowered or they are underpowered for our chassis. Again, I'm not stating any of this true but just think about it. These brembos are designed for a bigger and heavier TL-S and its prop valve is designed for the brembos on that car. When we put the brembos on our cars, you can't say that the balance doesn't change. It's probably and small difference that you can't feel directly and/or care about and probably only matters on the track.

But deep down inside, I believe the proportioning valve should be swapped as well. The closest one i can think of is the DC5R proportioning valve, which is the USDM 8th gen civic or an accord, idk, theres is a part number on the forum somewhere. The DC5R prop valve is different the the RSX and is made for our chassis that has brembos on the fronts. I know the brembo sizes are different but its close enough. It's better than running the TL-S prop valve which is for a different chassis with completely different specs and better than the RSX-S prop valve which is made for different brake calipers. Of course, you can run an adjustable prop valve like the op and change it to your liking.

I just feel like people should be aware of this brake component when doing this swap and sit down and really think about it because everyone just sees the bling bling of the fat brembo calipers. Again, the info I posted may not be true, just what i thought about when doing the swap and wanting to perfect them on our chassis. I need to look into getting the calipers oriented correctly so the sit on the side they were meant to be on.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:30 AM   #533
jahong16
Bobalife

jahong16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jahong16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jahong16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jahong16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jahong16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jahong16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jahong16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jahong16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jahong16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso666 View Post
Look i'm going to change it for the bigger TL-S BMC because my pedal travel is too long. I finally found a civic BMC reservoir to make the swap.
Can you take pics of the Rsx vs the tl-S BMC so we can see the difference?

Edit: Never mind, I looked at the previous page.

Showoff Thread: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...3#post48557553

FS: Foglight Retrofits
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...5#post50503865
jahong16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:45 PM   #534
KingMaiya

KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
whats needed to clear rpf1 17x9 35offset ?or will it clear?. thinking about sending mine in to cauqazn, been sitting on the rotors pads and calipers for a lil while now.

Instagram : Ahmahdhee
KingMaiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:44 PM   #535
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMaiya View Post
whats needed to clear rpf1 17x9 35offset ?or will it clear?. thinking about sending mine in to cauqazn, been sitting on the rotors pads and calipers for a lil while now.
You will probably need spacers; rpf1s have a very flat face. I remember one set i did for someone with x9+22 rpf1s needed spacers too.

ATLANTA DALLAS

Last edited by cauQazn; 06-22-2016 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: '
Old 06-24-2016, 04:44 PM   #536
Beam_DC5
Ya Fav College Kid

Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Does anyone know if its possible to swap back to the OEM Type S brake setup after doing this? The Brembos came with my car and I really don't want the setup anymore.
Broke Student Crew #74

Last edited by Beam_DC5; 06-24-2016 at 06:25 PM..
Beam_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:20 PM   #537
cauQazn
got retrofit?

If your knuckles are one of the unfortunate ones and drilled out, you probably have to press a shim in them so the smaller bolt will not wobble within it.

ATLANTA DALLAS
Old 06-24-2016, 08:56 PM   #538
Beam_DC5
Ya Fav College Kid

Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Beam_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cauQazn View Post
If your knuckles are one of the unfortunate ones and drilled out, you probably have to press a shim in them so the smaller bolt will not wobble within it.
Thanks. I'll check sometime this weekend. I really hope they aren't drilled out, using spacers and being limited to particular offsets has really been annoying me lately.
Broke Student Crew #74
Beam_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:39 PM   #539
raya2tov

raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx raya2tov is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
So I finished my car. I have the calipers with stock type s wheels I will upload pics tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:45 PM   #540
AzianK
Modelrator

AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam_DC5 View Post
Does anyone know if its possible to swap back to the OEM Type S brake setup after doing this? The Brembos came with my car and I really don't want the setup anymore.
I will gladly take those brembos off ya haha
Zombie Eradication Team Member #27

HASK Infamous Anime Crew Viet Crew CRSX Mod Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_02
I'm surprised you even drink coffee

With it being black and all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith
khoa would throw the whole viet crew into oncoming traffic if a white girl asked him to.
AzianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:03 PM   #541
KingMaiya

KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
So I finished my car. I have the calipers with stock type s wheels I will upload pics tomorrow.
post them pics!

Old 07-01-2016, 10:28 PM   #542
AzianK
Modelrator

AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
really, stock type s wheels? didn't think they would fit, in to see this as well

Quote:

Quote:
khoa would throw the whole viet crew into oncoming traffic if a white girl asked him to.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:10 PM   #543
raya2tov

https://postimg.org/image/mthp3g67l/
I have been driving the car very rough and no issues whatsoever. I didnt use the 5mm spacer. I just shaved the caliper 6mm with a mill. I noticed that i can run 25mm spacers
Old 07-01-2016, 11:33 PM   #544
KingMaiya

Quote:
https://postimg.org/image/mthp3g67l/
I have been driving the car very rough and no issues whatsoever. I didnt use the 5mm spacer. I just shaved the caliper 6mm with a mill. I noticed that i can run 25mm spacers
nice, anythings possible now

Old 07-01-2016, 11:36 PM   #545
AzianK
Modelrator

wow 02/04 type s wheels, thought we were talking about the 17in ones

Quote:

Quote:
Old 12-12-2016, 04:32 PM   #546
customkid88

customkid88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx customkid88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx customkid88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx customkid88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx customkid88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx customkid88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx customkid88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx customkid88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
does anyone have a straight forward write up with pics on how to do this with or without spacers ? or are people just milling 5mm off the caliper
customkid88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:36 AM   #547
RSlowXS
Master Member

RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by customkid88 View Post
does anyone have a straight forward write up with pics on how to do this with or without spacers ? or are people just milling 5mm off the caliper
The first post has pics and is very straight up with how to run it with a spacer...

contact cauqazn if you want a set with 5mm milled off to run it without a spacer (and modified to bolt right on)

Regardless which route you go, you have to have spacers on hand when test fitting the wheel to the car to make sure it clears the caliper
RSlowXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #548
MFKilla
Redliners.Ru member

MFKilla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MFKilla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MFKilla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MFKilla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MFKilla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MFKilla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MFKilla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MFKilla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
wanna install TLS brembo on my stock RSX-S. But dont want use s2k rotors(300mm*25 too few)
Find in brembo catalogue chrysler rotor (302*28) and saab 9-5 (308*25)

what you think? Which one better?
MFKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:56 PM   #549
fatso666

none of them, use the TL Type S rotor (310mm) read the whole thread.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:31 AM   #550
saysana13b

saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
How hard is it to DIY versus buying one of the retrofit ones that go for $900 or so?

EDIT: Actually, I really want to know if the Cardone TL-S brakes are re-manufactured OEM ones or if they are just replicas?

Last edited by saysana13b; 05-19-2017 at 03:06 PM..
saysana13b is offline   Reply With Quote