Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

car keeps trying to start by itself with no key

48K views 41 replies 25 participants last post by  IronGumby 
#1 ·
so... i was sitting in my living room and i hear my car trying to crank over. im like WTF someone is trying to jack my car inside my garage!! i open the door and i see the car trying to start (like if you try and start it with the immobilizer enabled but havent had it keyed yet). the keys are not inside the ignition. as soon as i get into my car and put the key in, turn it to II (without pressing in the clutch) the car starts. i turn the car off and it keeps trying to start again. i reloaded the kal and it still keeps trying to do it. i had to disconnect the battery for it to stop all the way. wtf?

major mods are kpro + jrsc

#2 ·
car keeps trying to start with no key in ignition!!

so... i was sitting in my living room and i hear my car trying to crank over. im like WTF someone is trying to jack my car inside my garage!! i open the door and i see the car trying to start (like if you try and start it with the immobilizer enabled but havent had it keyed yet). the keys are not inside the ignition. as soon as i get into my car and put the key in, turn it to II (without pressing in the clutch) the car starts. i turn the car off and it keeps trying to start again. i reloaded the kal and it still keeps trying to do it. i had to disconnect the battery for it to stop all the way. wtf?

posted in ECU tuning too

#3 ·

posted in ECU tuning too
its an autobot LoL

#4 ·
never heard of this happening before..does the car have a remote starter?...if it's starting without the clutch that means it's been bypassed in the past usually for a remote start.

#5 ·
lol... this happened to me at my cousins house........ we were outside chiillin and my car starting cranking over by itself.... your problem is that your blower has stripped the starter wire and is grounding itself and crankin.. thats why in the install of the blower they say to move the harness downward.. wish i had taken some pics of when it happened to me so that i could show you

#6 ·
car doesnt have remote start alarm

lol... this happened to me at my cousins house........ we were outside chiillin and my car starting cranking over by itself.... your problem is that your blower has stripped the starter wire and is grounding itself and crankin.. thats why in the install of the blower they say to move the harness downward
wheres the starter wire? whys it start without the clutch being pushed in? i looked at everything and it looks fine

#8 ·
weird thing is that i reloaded the kal(car stayed on while kal was loading, idling was very very rough) then turned it off and then it just started to die. the cranking started slowing down and eventually was just a noise (belt barley moving) thats when i disconnected the battery

#12 · (Edited)
yeah im most definitely positive its that.. if you remove the blower under neath it your going to see a black smush thats from the blower making contact with the starter.. i simply just got some electrical tape to tape up the breached part and moved it out of the way..

#14 ·
its funny because the guy who tunes for churchs palmerblock was there to calibrate my tune and thats when it started happening... i was scared shitless and didnt know what to do..

#22 ·
first place that I would look is a short at the starter motor terminals. IIRC you have to watch when installing some superchargers as the body of the charger comes very close to those terminals. some people have had to adjust the position of the wires by loosening the terminal nuts and turning the connections.

every other possibility that I know of goes through a relay first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.