Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

supercharging stock rsx

3K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  vtec-dc5turbo 
#1 ·
is any1 boosting 11 pounds with a supercharger on stock internals? and whats a good program to use with it other then kpro?

#7 ·
I would stay with 9 PSI. 11 PSI is too much heat. I would suggest an aftercooler for the 11+ PSI route. Boost isnt much of a gauge of what the motor can handle as much as the torque/power you are making. Many guys run upwards of 350Whp+ on stock internals a good tune is key.

#9 ·
I agree with JP. I have run 11 psi. Currently running 9. Aftercooler with both, otherwise completely stock, including clutch. Header, motor mounts and intake of course. I find that 9 psi is a little more streetable than 11. Both benefit from an aftercooler, 11 more so than 9, because of the heat, as JP said.

#24 ·
yh true there are alot of people running stock internals while making 400+whp. I think there was an evo i saw once that was on stock internals at 569whp which is just stupid because if you throw a rod you could have a catastrophic failure and ruin a whole motor.

on sc rsxs though with the right tune it shouldnt be a big deal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.