Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Is it possible to fit 9006 bulb in H1 housing ?

28K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  www.XenonDepot.com 
#1 ·
Hi!
sorry if it was discussed..
is it possible to fit 9006 into h1 housing - our headlights with some modification offcourse?

i wonder if anyone tried mixing jdm hid ballasts and bulbs with usdm headlights and what are results ..

#2 ·
Technically speaking it might be possible with a use of a dremmel and a bunch of other things. I would also assume that you would have to modify your stock housings to get them to fit.

The main problem with doing this however is that your beam pattern will most likely be completely off. This is bad because you will be blinding other drives (majorly) and you will get pulled over in a sec.

Regards,

Steve

#3 ·
thanks for your response.
i dont think anyone would want to modify their housing just to get the bulb in..

i was more hoping for some sort of adapter to get the 9006 bulb instead of h1 in the housing with modifications done to the bulb / adapter not the actual headlight for obvious reasons.

as far as blinding other drivers - i say, f. them

so the bottom line -
jdm w OEM HID is possible. is non jdm with OEM Hid possible?

#4 ·
Hello,

Its a little more serious than sayinf F. them to other drivers. It honestly is a road hazard that can cause accidents......

JDM with OEM HID is possible as long as your JDM headlihgts require OEM HID bulbs as opposed to H1.

Regards,

Steve

#5 ·
yes, it is a road hazard and its unpleasant when it blinds people, that's why the light can be pointed Down so it will minimize that.

back to the actual question,
would it be possible to use oem HId, either from JDM Type R or else, with H1 headlights ? can the bulb be modified to fit ?

#6 ·
it is not just blind people.. you cannot even see anything on the road. Pointing down the light will not solve the beam pattern.

And it is not possible to fit into H1 headlight without major modification. You will not see anything with that setup. I think you will better off getting a blue "HID" bulb. I am sure you can see more things in that way.

Btw, why not just get a conversion kit from xenondepot?

#7 ·
so if the lighting is so terrible withoout the hid factory headlights and you dont see anything then how is xenondepot lights going to be better its same thing except its not oem ..

#8 ·
if you have conversion kit.. then it is fine. but if you try to put 9006 bulb or D2R into H1 headlight, you will not get the same result as H1 conversion kit.
It is not the OEM or not problem. Focal point of the light bulb will be different. The H1 conversion kit is made for H1 base so that the focal point didn't change. while you will need major modification in order to make the 9006 or D2R bulb to fit the base and have the same focal point of the H1 bulb.

#9 ·
Xenondepot rebases the bulb so that they fit in with OEM fitment. Furthermore, the HID bulbs are mounted on this custom H1 base so that they will have the same focal point as your stock halogen bulb.

Regards,

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.