Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Is this car ging to be your next car?

so who's going to get a BMW 128i / 135i

Tags
128i 135i bmw
26K views 471 replies 121 participants last post by  VSR17PA 
#1 · (Edited)
This seems to be my next car as it has almost everything i need.....300hp twin turbo RWD with aftermarket support :) and since it's going to be cheaper than a 335i that would be a plus..

:love: :love: :love: :love:

so i'm just wondering if anyone else is watiing on this thing besides me.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4629#post4629

#394 ·
have you seen it in person the 37 is more sexier it even has a sweet crease in the trunk. I was at infiniti yesterday and they were side by side and the G35 coupe looks cheap compared to the 37 and get this i thought the 35 was gonna look better. Pictures IMHO dont do the 37 justice. I think the 135 is ugly as hell but i will wait until i see it in person because pictures dont do justice IMO.

#397 ·
Drove by the BMW dealership on they way to Olive Garden last night and I have to say the new 1's look beautiful! They had two - crimson red and alpine white - sitting out there and I damn near blew a load in my suit! Beautiful on the outside and so much nicer in person. I still have a few months before I can think about another car, but its getting harder to choose between the 135i and the S2000.

#398 ·
I was about to sign the paperwork on the S2000 but I decided to go with the 135i instead. I would take a 135i over an IS350 any day of the week.. I test drove the G37S 6MT and didn't like it. There aren't many other cars (or any that I could think of) that I'd prefer over the 135i in the pricerange..

#399 ·
Random question, but I've noticed on some 3 coupes there's a thing on the middle of the rear part of the trunk, as well as on middle of the back of the roof, what are they for? I'm guessing the top one is to clear the rear window

(can't find a pic of the one on the trunk)

#400 ·
The fin? Its an antenna I believe. The coupes/sedans have it on the roof and converts have it on the trunk. Kindof annoying because it cant be deleted. Might be able to on non-US spec cars although I forget

#404 ·
You're not, plenty of people don't think it looks good simply because it looks like a down syndrome 3. I didn't think the car was that appealing until I got used to it and it really grew on me. So much so that I decided to buy one.. :vtec:

#410 ·
Yeah I'm interested to hear your reasoning on this... This car out performs the IS350 in every possible way. So what makes the IS "worth it"? Rear seat room? truck space? :dontknow:

It is a pretty tiny car in person but to me that's most of the appeal! Cars are so damn big now adays and they are going to just keep getting bigger

#425 · (Edited)
Hard to say because you wouldn't even put a 1 series in the same sentence as a IS, 3 series, TL, G35, A4... $36k is a lot of money and i just can't see myself spending that kind of money on a 1 series.. however, for 36k, there are many options like the TL-S, G35, A4, G37, even the 328i, but if you're talking about in the class of a 1 series, the only class competitors may be the STi, Evo, but on the BRAND side, A3.. i still question why BMW would do this by putting the same twin turbo 300hp engine in a 1 series.. of course the speed is there, but based on reviews, "pricey, poor gas mileage, little rear seat room"

Well obviously the IS350 was worth 40k+ to him :ugh:
lol.. i think it's worth it.. you have the reliability of a Lexus.. you not happy?

Yeah I'm interested to hear your reasoning on this... This car out performs the IS350 in every possible way. So what makes the IS "worth it"? Rear seat room? truck space? :dontknow:

It is a pretty tiny car in person but to me that's most of the appeal! Cars are so damn big now adays and they are going to just keep getting bigger
Lol.. outperforms the IS350 in every possible way? IS rear may be a little tight, but that's just because i'm a tall person.. you might as well say the 135i outperforms the 335i also.. you can't really compare a 1 series with a 3 series / IS.. it's a different class.. however, i just fixed up a fully loaded 135i and it's about $2,000 less than what i paid for for my IS.. and you're talking about a 1 series?? if i added the automatic, comfort access which the IS is standard, steptronic, you're looking at right about the same price as an IS or even a 335i.. I'm not saying the 135i is useless, but not many people would look at the 1 series on par with a 3 series.. people rather pay that kinda money for a 3 series.. i just think it's not even in the same class to compare with..

You said it yourself.. you're talking about a $36,000 small car.. so what if it has the same power as a 335i?? it's still small..

Don't get me wrong guys.. my bro has a 335i coupe and i think the car's great.. however, in terms of how the BMW pricing the 1 series so high, sales wise might not be so good.. i guess we'll just have to see because so far, i haven't seen many 1 series..

Nice pics of the 1 series :)

#444 ·
lol.. found the instigator of the IS and 135i comparison.. just that comment you made contradicts with what you said..

"In my opinion a true car enthusiast is someone who can view a car for what it is, un-objectively and without any preconcieved notions. He may be questioning how much of an enthusiast you really are because you seem to have a biased towards the lexus despite being proven wrong with numbers multiple times over. Now I try to be as unbiased as I possibly can, but I am undeniably a BMW lover. This may be because I have had and driven so many cars over the years and the bimmers stand out way ahead IMHO." you're a BMW enthusiast.. :D you got your own opinions..

#412 ·
I went from a CLK500 to the 135i and the 9 inches shorter, faster stock, a handels much better for 35k less. The SSTT chip makes my 135i compete anything out there that traps 108-110. I call this a steel for 43k. People need to see the 135i in person and drive it back to back with a 335i to realty form an opinion. As fast as my car is now I couldn't imagine it with downpipe, exhaust, and a V3 tune. I suggest everyone take the time to test drve the 1. It's worth the time.

#414 ·
Have you seen it in person yet? It looks so much better in person. The headlights are still too big and goofy looking but the overall look of the car is alot better in person. I went from hating it when i first saw it in pictures to liking it after it grew on me for a bit to loving it when i seen it in person. All the performance numbers didnt hurt either :)

#415 ·
Yeah, I've seen quite a few of them in person, that's what helped change my mind. The headlights are still too tall-looking, but at least the halos make it look better :D

And I'm a huge fan of the 335i but can't afford it, so it goes without saying that the performance aspect of this is very appealing :D

#418 ·
Congrats! Make sure an take a shit load of pics... maybe some videos too. I need to see that lemon interior some more before i decide to go with it or not!

The 135's are a little small... I'm getting the e92 M.
I wish i made enough to cross shop those 2 cars :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.