Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Is this car ging to be your next car?

so who's going to get a BMW 128i / 135i

Tags
128i 135i bmw
26K views 471 replies 121 participants last post by  VSR17PA 
#1 · (Edited)
This seems to be my next car as it has almost everything i need.....300hp twin turbo RWD with aftermarket support :) and since it's going to be cheaper than a 335i that would be a plus..

:love: :love: :love: :love:

so i'm just wondering if anyone else is watiing on this thing besides me.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4629#post4629

#428 ·
Still haven't seen one on the road yet, but there sure is a purdy one sitting outside the BMW lot!!! I have about a year before the pilot gets traded in and I have to decide between the S2000 (if they are still around) and a new 135i...

#433 ·
In my opinion a true car enthusiast is someone who can view a car for what it is, un-objectively and without any preconcieved notions. He may be questioning how much of an enthusiast you really are because you seem to have a biased towards the lexus despite being proven wrong with numbers multiple times over. :dontknow: Now I try to be as unbiased as I possibly can, but I am undeniably a BMW lover. This may be because I have had and driven so many cars over the years and the bimmers stand out way ahead IMHO.

The IS is a nice car, no one said it wasn't, but it is outperformed by BMW in many many ways. Whether the bmw is of value to you is just a personal thing, just like with many people.

I TRULY believe that if you had 100 people drive the IS350 and 335 back to back 90 or more of them would prefer the BMW just because they drive better. The older person may prefer the lexus though because of how soft the suspensions are in comparison. :dontknow:

#443 ·
Please don't get me wrong.. Just because I drive a Lexus doesn't mean I'll be favoring the Lexus in every single way. (Go to the bottom for my conclusion) I'm a BMW enthusiast also and i love driving the 335i coupe whenever my bro goes out of town. lol.. I absolutely agree that the Lexus IS does have a small rear seat room and and on top of that, the handling could be better of course.. (Because of this, go to conclusion) I don't give about numbers and I don't have any complaints about it being faster or it just has a similar room space than the IS. It's because it's a totally different class. Someone here compared it to the Lexus IS just because I made a comment about the 1 series and I drive one. Was I the one comparing it to the IS in the beginning? :rotfl: no i wasn't until most of you guys decided to bring it up.. 2 totally different class of cars.. much respect to the sports coupe/convertible of the 1 series..

The IS350 is a sweet car. I really like the way it looks and drives. But there really is no comparing the two cars. BMW pulled out all the stops to make the 135i perform the way it does. The IS350 is a sedan first before performance IMO.

As far as price goes, you can't base price off of the size when it comes to sports cars. I don't mind paying what they're asking for the 135i because of the performance it offers. And at the same time, I wouldn't mind paying 40k for the IS350 based on the luxury and convenience of a 4 door. But I want a sports car so I'm buying the 135i.

1st section reply - read above and down below..
2nd section reply - i'm not even going to compare price wise with the 135i and IS.. once again, i wasn't the one who compared the price in the beginning.. however, you have your point and i will agree with what you're saying..

Regarding Doctor's comments and Conclusion: I may have had a problem with size, but that's just based on the 135i itself and no comparison to the IS until one of you made the comparison.. The comparison was questionable because the one who compared was comparing two totally different cars and everyone seemed to gang up on me :stfu: oh wells.. overall, the only problem I really have with the 135i is the engine and size.. yes, i think it's small for the price, but of course, a sports car that it's based on i have much respect for.. engine wise, the problem i have is BMW putting it in a small car and the price wise is what i see as a problem also because some (not all) may see the 3 series worth buying more than the 1 series.. the 135i will be a great sports car especially with the size and power ratio, but sales wise it's a question.. if it does well, much respect to it because i think they started a great trend.. :thumbsup:

#434 ·
The IS350 is a sweet car. I really like the way it looks and drives. But there really is no comparing the two cars. BMW pulled out all the stops to make the 135i perform the way it does. The IS350 is a sedan first before performance IMO.

As far as price goes, you can't base price off of the size when it comes to sports cars. I don't mind paying what they're asking for the 135i because of the performance it offers. And at the same time, I wouldn't mind paying 40k for the IS350 based on the luxury and convenience of a 4 door. But I want a sports car so I'm buying the 135i.

#436 ·
I keep hearing that it is small, and apparently its of big significance because you keep typing it as SMALL!. Since when did PRICE have anything to do with how SMALL or large a car is?

#451 ·
Nice color combo. Lemon looks so nice in pictures. I still want to see it in person before i decide on it though. What are your initial impressions of it?

take plenty of pictures!

#452 ·
All of my friends/family immediately commented on how nice the lemon was when they saw it. The sales associates at the dealership were no different.. Lemon is rare and they couldn't stop oogling over it. Plenty of pictures will follow my detail

#462 ·
Alright... I'm not stupid enough to beg for more pics when you just bought the car as you should be out driving it having fun. However, you've had it for about a week now so i DEMAND more pictures(interior pls). Asap. Thanks. :)

#467 ·
My DSLR is kindof messed up right now but Ill get pics when I can.. Not helping that the weathers been unpredictable, it started drizzling on my drive today :stop: Doesn't help that I'll be partying in Rosarito all weekend :weeeeeeeeee: I'm going to try to shoot next weekend :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.