Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Is this car ging to be your next car?

so who's going to get a BMW 128i / 135i

Tags
128i 135i bmw
26K views 471 replies 121 participants last post by  VSR17PA 
#1 · (Edited)
This seems to be my next car as it has almost everything i need.....300hp twin turbo RWD with aftermarket support :) and since it's going to be cheaper than a 335i that would be a plus..

:love: :love: :love: :love:

so i'm just wondering if anyone else is watiing on this thing besides me.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4629#post4629

#121 · (Edited)
its fuel pump and oil cooler actually from what i understand. sports package comes with a lagrer cooler that fixes the problem. BMW is apparently retrofitting all cars with the sports oil cooler to alleviate the issues, hopefully they won't make the same mistake on the 135i.

It's my next car too, probably 2009-2010 for me.

#123 ·
its fuel pump an oil cooler actually from what i understand. sports package comes with a lagrer cooler that fixes the problem. BMW is apparently retrofitting all cars with the sports oil cooler to alleviate the issues, hopefully they won't make the same mistake on the 135i.

It's my next car too, probably 2009-2010 for me.
I think the fuel pump and oil cooler issues have been a little overstated (although owners that have had these problems have every right to be pissed when their $40K+ car craps out on them with only 5K miles on the odo or less).

But a.) only a small percentage of cars had these problems, and b.) BMW did sort of a mid year refresh where they changed fuel pump manufacturers and started giving certain models an all new oil cooler. There are far less problems now (if any). I'm sure the 135 buyers won't have to worry about any of that.

I think the 1-series is a great move by BMW, and there's no doubt that it's going to be a fast car. I just personally don't love the way it looks (much like I don't like the way the 6-series looks, although I respect it's power). I think it will make quite a fine upgrade for people looking to add a little luxury to the sport-compact world though.

#141 ·
Right now it pretty much does. The vishnu tune was like $800 or something ludicrous and exhaust for 335's varies, but it tends to be atleast $1000 :( ....although its more like 70-90whp respectively.

Anything with a bmw logo isnt exactly going to be built as a performance bargain, and anyone who is at all into them knows how expensive aftermarket parts are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.