Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Is this car ging to be your next car?

so who's going to get a BMW 128i / 135i

Tags
128i 135i bmw
26K views 471 replies 121 participants last post by  VSR17PA 
#1 · (Edited)
This seems to be my next car as it has almost everything i need.....300hp twin turbo RWD with aftermarket support :) and since it's going to be cheaper than a 335i that would be a plus..

:love: :love: :love: :love:

so i'm just wondering if anyone else is watiing on this thing besides me.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4629#post4629

#155 ·
There has been some dispute over the true weight of the 335i, so the 135i might be a little off as well. Some guy over on the BMW boards actually put his car on the scale, and found that the "wet" weight (fluids and fuel) of his 335i was some 200lbs or so off of what was listed on BMWs website. I think it's also been proven time and time again that the rated 300hp/300tq numbers are a bit off as well, given the car puts down 280+whp, which is more indicative of a 325-330 crank hp number.

I'm not sure if the numbers on weight for the 135i are off or not, but I think either way we can expect it to perform very well.

#166 · (Edited)
Is it March yet?

At a technical presentation this evening prior to the first drive of the new BMW 135i coupe, many details about the US-market version were confirmed. Enthusiasts have reason to rejoice, as most of the hardware and trim is being carried over from the European market. Here is a summary of what was confirmed tonight...
Six-piston calipers will be standard on the 135i coupe. This decision was on-again, off-again for cost reasons, but the final answer is that they will indeed be on the car when it goes on sale early next year.

• Navigation will be a stand-alone option on both the 135i and the 128i. While it is typically bundled on other models as part of a Technology Package, it will be offered as a single option on these models to keep costs down.
  • Interior leather colors will include black, beige, light grey, red and terra. Red and Terra will only be offered with the Premium Package. There will be no cloth offered at all in America; the base upholstery will be leatherette in black, light grey or beige.
  • BMW will eventually offer a factory-replacement limited-slip differential under their performance products program recently announced. There are no plans to fit a limited-slip differential as a factory-fitted option.
  • Pricing for the 1 Series will likely be announced at the Los Angeles auto show in mid-November, but the target price for the 135i is in the “mid-thirties” while the 128i in base form will come in under $30,000.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1960

#184 ·
The more I look into this the more I like it.

Its 2-door.
Realitivly light weight.
300HP/300Ft.Lbs.
It actually looks pretty good.

I think the 1 Series is an excellent idea for BMW. What other manufacturer makes a 2-door, RWD, twin turbo car in this price range? Not too many.

#195 ·
u guys think this car is hot a fucking rsx looks better than that piece of shit and the 135 will be over 40 with options, drop 6 thousand in the rsx and that car is history.
Why would you even compare these two cars? Even if you do "drop 6 thousand" in an RSX it's still two completely different cars. I'd like to know what your plans would be for that $6k. What would you do to bring the RSX up to par with a RWD 6 cylinder twin-turbo charged car?

I'd still like to see where it is CONFIRMED that the above mentioned pricing is for real.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.