Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Is this car ging to be your next car?

so who's going to get a BMW 128i / 135i

Tags
128i 135i bmw
26K views 471 replies 121 participants last post by  VSR17PA 
#1 · (Edited)
This seems to be my next car as it has almost everything i need.....300hp twin turbo RWD with aftermarket support :) and since it's going to be cheaper than a 335i that would be a plus..

:love: :love: :love: :love:

so i'm just wondering if anyone else is watiing on this thing besides me.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4629#post4629

#341 ·
Who is they? Dealerships? Depending on how many the dealership sold as a pre-order, you may or may not see a 135i available for test driving until even as late as August. That is if every slot of their allocation has been taken and sold to somebody. If dealerships are stingey on their pricing, sure they'll have a car, or cars that'll be sitting there. (perhaps in April, as you've stated). I'm not expecting my car until late June though (since I just put my deposit down today) :deadhorse

Happy birthday to me anyhow (well it was technically yesterday..) Funny I got the RSX-S two years ago for my birthday, now the 135i

#344 ·
With the cut down of nearly 30% on 1series units being shipped to the States, the 1series will be limited.. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't required to hold one or two on the dealership floor.

#345 ·
Bmw, unfortunately, has this rule in place for practically every non-specialty car they make (meaning non "M" models) back when the E46 coupes were released the dealers couldn't get enough of them, yet they always had to have at least 1 to show.

Economically it makes perfect sense. If you have a product that people are cross-shopping with other competitors you have to have one for available viewing if you want to sway any opinion. BMW certainly isn't naive enough to assume that they will immediately sell every single 1 series they make without anyone actually seeing it in person.

And the 1 series isn't technically going to be "limited" really, they will sell as many as they can. Real ristrictions on truly limited cars are something that only ferrari and other like makers can do (besides the occassional supercars made by generic companies).

#354 ·
Buying my 135i with my own money crew checking in :wavey:

This will be the first brand new car I've ever bought and certainly the first luxury car I've bought. I'm 28 and am FINALLY at a point financially where I can afford this car and not have to change my lifestyle or my families lifestyle.

Needless to say, there will be no expense spared :zing:

#360 ·
If the 128/135 come out mid-year as a 08, does that mean the 09s will come out at the end of the year or what? When are they planning to release the 09s, if they have plans for it. Thats a massive depreciation in like 4-5 months if the 09s comes out late this year, isnt it? Or am I missing something?

#361 ·
Bought this one and it's somewhere on the docks of Bremenhaven awaiting a boat to NY.

6sp manual
Sparkling Graphite Metallic
Coral Red Boston Leather
Gray Poplar wood trim
Premium Package
Sport Package
Heated front seats
iPod and USB adapter
Satellite radio
18" wheels w/performance tires (style 264)

#364 ·
Great color combo! I would have a hard time deciding between the graphite or alpine white :)
ewwww

that poplar wood trim is not nice looking.

brushed aluminum > *
oh no way! The poplar wood is really nice looking. I like aluminum as well, but some times it has a really "cold" feeling to it.

I saw some guy on e46 fanantics who got a 07 335 E92 that was black on red with regular wood trim :vomit: I guess it was an accident but it still looked horrid!

#368 ·
will most likely be ordering a alpine white 135i :) soon

#387 · (Edited)
It's a boring rainy Sunday, so I figured I would throw my two cents in. I've been hanging out on G35 forum for a few years occasionally see links posted to clubrsx.

I've owned owned both the current gen G35 ('07 G35 Sedan) and the current version E90 335i ('08 335i Sedan w/sport package).

For starters, the new G35 Sedans are nice cars (I really don't like the looks of the new G37 coupe). If you were to judge the G35 and 335i just by reading articles in Car and Driver, etc. you might think that both cars are very similar in terms of performance.

Well they're not. The G35 has a high reving N/A engine. You pull off from a stop in normal driving and the tach spins up to 5K and the car is barely moving. The G35 really does not start to pull until 6K. Edmunds review says the 2007 G35 Sedan does 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and that sounds about right.

The 335i on the other hand will do 0-60 in about 4.8 seconds stock but it feels so much faster because the 335i's engine has so much torque at the low RPM it's just brutal. The G35 handles "good" but the 335i Sedan handles like a 4 door corvette.

That said, the G35 does have a more space age interior, and electronic gizmos, and the Bose SOW in the G35 is quite good. The interior on the 335i is much more plain and the 335i Logic 7 audio system, while tolerable, but nothing to get excited about. Overall, the quality of the interior in the 335i is better, better leather, better carpets, just all around better fit and finish.

But the real difference with the 335i comes into play when you want to say increase the stock HP and Torque by around 1/3. With the G35, you would be looking at spending mega $$$ for an after market turbo system. The 335i? Buy a $500 SSTT turbo tuner "black box" and a $300 aftermarket intake that can be installed (and put back stock in 20 minutes) and easily pick up 60hp/60torque. I mean, the SSTT is a no brainer. There must be 1000 people running them over on E90 post and not a single report of a problem or so much as a check engine light.

I drove a '07 G35 for a year, and like I said, it's a nice car, but it's just not in the same league as the 335i E90/E92. I'm not real big on the styling on the 135 (looks like it got hot and sagged in the middle to me) but I know the engine that's going to be in it, and the 135 is going to eat a G37 without so much as a burp:)

My 335i Sedan:

Reactions: 03DSM-RSX
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.