car- 03 civic si
swap- 05 type s k20z1 w/ 6 speed trans
mods- megan race header megan catback exhaust
aem cai
tires- bfg drag radial v2 225/50/15 psi 20

been on this setup for the past 4 events
typically i have been getting 15-30 runs each event

car runs 14.6 to 14.75 very consistently

the last event car was running mid 14's all day then at the end the day the car hooked better then it ever has and i ran 13.93 i was not able to repet this or even come close

like i said its a mid 14 car

any info about wtf happened

#5 ·
all my mid 14's runs are 94-96 mph trap speed

the one 13.93 run i had the trap speed was 98.60mph trap speed

what has me baffled is never thought the car would run 13's at best low 14's , and the 13.9 run was late in the day , i already had 15 runs before and only got 2 more runs after.

the previous best run was a 14.56

#6 ·
Thanks for the additional info. If it was later in the day it seems like the DA may have been lower so the car will run faster, hence the faster trap. You hooked a lot better on that run and 2 tenths on the 60' till translate to even more time off on the big end.

#12 ·
Depends on how deep you staged and if you preloaded or not too. I noticed when my stage wasn't deep I was able to preload before the launch to achieve a faster 60' and quicker e.t. Could possibly be the combo of light stage and the cooler engine and outside temp. Deep stage only for heads up racing or for good reaction time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.