Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Suspension question! Help I'm a noob lol.

956 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  czapek32 
#1 · (Edited)
What are these bolts in the engine bay? Please be easy on me, I don't know much about suspension & I'm asking because I want to learn more. :confused: I know it has Skunk2 lowering springs. (Btw these are loose and very easy to pull out, should they be this way? One last thing, why is there a "H' & "L" with an arrow on them? What do they mean & is the arrow supposed to be pointing a certain way? :run:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That is a camber plate, you should probably go for an alignment if they are loose (it will start to cause issues). The center if for adjusting the shocks.

#3 · (Edited)
hey its no worries bro :fistbump: all newbies are welcomed & help'd on here by anyone that knows the answer or is going through the same problem you have, truth of the matter is we all went through the same shit so you're not the only one :giggity: & yes go to get an alignment for safety

1. What you have there is a coilover setup, im not sure what model it is because the brand you got has different types but this is what i could find... Those are D2 Coilovers (click on the link for any info you need to know about them ---->http://www.racinglab.com/d2-racing-rs-coilovers-acura-008.html) "i've heard that they are pretty good also in ride height & movement while driving (less bouncy than others)

2. Skunk 2 lowering springs on D2 Coils? that's the first that I've heard of lols, probably there was something wrong with the springs that came with the d2's or it was shitty so it had to be changed out is what im guessing because skunk2's also do pretty well... some people might say other wise but :dontknow:

3. Please explain what parts/bolts are loose because i dont think any of them should be loose unless you hit a bump hard & it all falls apart from there & you don't want that to happen :shakehead... The only part that should be loose is that Middle Knob with the H&L & arrow shown, those are your damper "SHOCK" controls (they harden & loosen up your shocks to either give your ride a more stiffer feel or smoother feel when driving) you have 36 ways of going so it all just depends how you want your ride feel to be... Rough/Hard "H" -36 clicks to the left or Smooth/Loose "L" +36 clicks to the right & make sure you feel & listen to the clicks and count it good on each of the 4 coils so none is off. (Google it so you know what the dampers are for)

If you really want to experience the difference for yourself Do a Test run on them.. turn/click it all the way to the left -36 clicks to "H" go drive around see how it feels & then turn it all the way to the right +36 Clicks "L" so you'll know which feel you would prefer & don't forget to click your rear coils as well (inside behind your rear seats hiding behind the plastic it'll be tricky to get in there but you will get to them eventually...
Then come back on here & ask some other professionals to help you decide what # clicks you should run depending what you do, (daily driven, street race or track race etc..)

Example: I have Tein SS-P Coilovers (Super Street w/Pillow ball upper mount & 16-way dampening system) Im running Static/Harden all the way to the right opposite from yours so im +16 Clicks, bouncy as Fu*k lols but that's just how mines is for daily driving... "ALL Coilovers Are Different"

4. Those 4 bolts within the Strut Circle surrounding the H&L knob are your camber plates & bolts meaning you can adjust your rims in the front to camber/butterfly as in slant your front rims or have them lean inwards like this /__,__\ instead of having them straight |__,__| (sorry ugly diagram lols) just remember its ok to camber the back but if you do the fronts you'll run out your tire thread about 40% faster than normal so i suggest you do it only for shows :thumbsup:

i may be wrong in here or maybe left out some stuff so other people who do actually know please correct me because im still a noob at this as well im just saying what i know haha hope this helps bro :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.