Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Ask Your Nitrous Questions Here! (Q/A Thread)

95K views 359 replies 80 participants last post by  Corona951 
#1 ·
I am wanting to start to run Nitrous in my rsx. I was wondering if anyone company is more reliable or better for parts.

#19 ·
I have direct port on my car and will soon to add the ais system(on waiting list from the company) into it..once I receive the system I will get it tune in a week or 2 so I can get it tune when spraying together ...

Currently spraying 100shot ..will bump it up once the ais system come in ..

#20 ·
just a quick question, is anyone running nitrous with a built motor? (11.5+ CR, on pump gas/93)

i've been building an all motor setup(planning on 12.5CR, CRSX package deal), recently i've been thinking about maybe a 75-100 shot on top of it too, but i didn't want to go any lower than a 11.5CR. there's an e85 pump about 10min from me, so that'd be cool on e85, except where the track is, there isn't an e85 pump within 30min.

#30 ·
Please advise... I have a k20z3/k24a1 (Crower Rods, Darton mid sleeves, Wesico pistons 10-1, Wesico rings, ARP Head Studs, Supertech Dual Valve Springs w/ titanium reatiners, forged Supertech valves and Ferrera valve seals, RBC cams) RBC intake manifold w/ Karcepts TB adapter, Skunk2 Fuel Rail, RDX 410cc injectors, NEO CHROME short ram intake, Megan Headers, Megan Exhaust.

With all this, what will I need to do if I want to do between 60-80 shot wet?
A nitrous kit and a tune.

#32 ·
If you spray a wet kit, you don't need bigger injectors. You only need bigger injectors if you want to run a dry kit through k-pro. K-pro compensates the fuel through the injectors, hence the reason you would need bigger ones.

But, with all those mods you have listed, I would hope you have K-pro already. If you do, it's easier to run a dry kit and get some bigger injectors.

#35 ·
thanks for all your help man. I know it all depends on what output I want but I'm asking for your opinion here. What would you suggest for me? wet/dry? (either way I want an 80 shot) FYI: I'm a noob and therefore want to go with something that is safe and easy to use. Price is really not a big deal for me so I don't really care about the "bang for my buck" I just want safe, easy to install and use, and of course something reliable with that kick that will give me a rush on the freeway. Not really looking into tracking the car very much, if at all and it is currently my daily driver. Any suggestions? Also, a suggeston for a specific kit would be great too

#36 ·
Get some 525cc Injectors. Go to dynotunenitrous.com and get one of their dry V8 kits(V8 kit comes with bigger jets). Get tuned.

If you want to leave room to grow, get some 650cc, 750cc, or even 1000cc injectors.

I would also suggest getting a pressure gauge and bottle heater. Purges aren't necessary, but they are fun and let you show off the spray. lol

#37 ·
Yeah I would get some ID1000's that way if you want more in the future (im sure you will, everybody does lol) you'll already have the injectors for it. I would also run a dry kit, and make sure you get a bottle heater and a pressure gauge like Bflaker suggested.

#39 ·
When I dyno'd 312whp I was spraying a 105whp(130bhp) shot that was broken up into two stages. My 750's were around 60-64% duty cycle. My old 525's were around 90-94%.

All you "need" to do is injectors. I did the fuel pump just because my car was up to 90,000 miles, and the fuel rail was just for bling.

#40 ·
Wiggity bam, alright. i recently purchased a NX kit that i thought was a wet+dry kit. ive always thought that a wet kit was when you mix in fuel and the nitrous at the manifold runners... i now slap myself for not realizing that DIRECT PORT injection is such. So, anyways, i have a NX wet kit. im already planning on acquiring a bottle heater (anyone selling one for less than an arm and a leg??), a purge vavle, and a nitrous gauge. Because i am such a male, i like to read the NX installation guide while i poop. my questions are as follows:

1. do you HAVE to mount the bottle with the valve toward the front??
2. should you really NOT mix and match different parts from different makers? ie. NX system with a NOS bottle warmer
3. i know i should go colder (+1?) on the spark plugs. anyone got a PN to order the right ones?
4. i figure the best way to run the feed line is with the fuel tank lines. is there any problems associated with doing that?
5. i need to tap into a fuel line for the shark nozzle. i heard through the grapevine that RSX's dont have a good place to tap in (bc they dont have a return line). any ideas?
6. ive never been in a car during a spray. on a 75 shot with just intake and exhaust, does it give a chubby or a full on boner?

thanks in advance for any help.

NOTE: i havent even looked to see if my car has a fuel return. im a mechanic at greyhound, and after work, the last thing i wanna do is pop my own hood (i know, thats what SHE said). also, its an 06 type S. Thanks again!

#42 ·
1. do you HAVE to mount the bottle with the valve toward the front??
2. should you really NOT mix and match different parts from different makers? ie. NX system with a NOS bottle warmer
3. i know i should go colder (+1?) on the spark plugs. anyone got a PN to order the right ones?
4. i figure the best way to run the feed line is with the fuel tank lines. is there any problems associated with doing that?
5. i need to tap into a fuel line for the shark nozzle. i heard through the grapevine that RSX's dont have a good place to tap in (bc they dont have a return line). any ideas?
6. ive never been in a car during a spray. on a 75 shot with just intake and exhaust, does it give a chubby or a full on boner?
1: Its best to mouth the bottle in a forward facing position that way the pickup tube is in the proper spot to always be in nitrous during acceleration.
2: You can mix match different parts from different makers if you want.
3: Just look in the CRSX store and find the BKR8EIX plugs
4: Shouldnt be a problem, but I havent ever ran a return like on an RSX so I cant really give you an answer
5: Tap it in the feed line

#43 ·
Okay I have a couple questions, Sorry but completely new to nitrous so don't flame me please. Have been doing ALOT of reading. I have a 04 type s with i/h/e with esmm's but going to upgrade to hasports soon.
1. I want kpro but I've read you don't necessarily need it for a small wet shot (say 75 shot), Is that true? So can I get the kit first and have it on while i save up for kpro?
2. Is it safe to run 75 shot untuned?
3. Ive been seeing "rpm window switch" alot what exactly is this?
4. And can anybody add anything i might need. So far on my list is :
-Nitrous kit
-bottle heater
-purge kit

#44 ·
I sprayed a Zex wet 75 shot on my car before I switched to K-Pro and dry. I used an MSD Digital RPM Window switch to prevent the nitrous from spraying below a certain rpm, and above a certain rpm. I think I set the window from 4000-8100rpms. If you don't use a window switch, you risk spraying nitrous during fuel cut at redline and that could be very bad for your motor. I would probably add some 1-step colder plugs to your mod list and you would be ready to rock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.