Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Anointed_DC5's Build/Showoff Thread (Formerly BlackOpsDC5)

188K views 1K replies 178 participants last post by  CyborgGT 
#1 · (Edited)
Updates: New look can be found on page 38-40. Making my own CYBER DC5 if you will, haha.

As it sits now
FB_IMG_1438607935040 by Joshua Roman, on Flickr

Well since I've been around forever I thought I should make an appropriate showoff thread for once. I've got tons of pictures so the thread will be updated little by little, lol. Lets take a trip back, way back...

Started off with some not so smart choices, lol

Decide to wise up a little and start saving for legit parts

Power wasn't enough so I started collecting a few things

After the install of said parts

TO be continued:thumbsup:

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Life comes at you fast so I decided to pack my things and move to the good 'ole cornhusker state. And after going through three Greddy front lips in less than a year thanks to stupid Honda Techs and Alignment shops I decided it was time to change the cars look once again. I searched and searched for a look that no one in the states had yet and just as I was ready to pull the trigger on the Chargespeed Full kit, to mimic the J's Racing DC5 (at the time)

I got a glimpse of J's Racing's very own aero the Type-S kit.

Made a quick call to the guys at Bulletproof and had the first (according to them) J's Racing kit headed to the states.

This one is for you Ryder:laughing:

Again with a new look I decided it was time for some new wheels.

#4 · (Edited)
With the new look complete I was able to land an online feature for an up and coming Import Magazine (At the time) Yes even though I am in Nebraska, lol.

From there it was little upgrades but still enough to land me a feature in the pages of Import Tuner. Had to drive 20hrs to and from Chicago for the shoot, two tickets and one suspended license in the state of Iowa later I was rewarded with this...

#5 · (Edited)
Guess I should have reserved some more, lol. Oh well shortly after the shoot I noticed the car was not running at 100% anymore (probably due to the crappy fuel we have here). I noticed excessive blow by coming from the VC and a compression test confirmed my suspicion, Cylinder 4 was dead. Determined to find out how bad it was I decided to take on a rebuild project on my own and this was my findings.

Well thats no good... Tired of dealing with the issues and worries involved in running a boosted DC5, especially when there are no good k-tuners in NE, I decided to sell the turbo and build a k24 instead.

Out with the old

In with the new

#6 ·
looks great! :thumbsup:

i had my car for 5 years now n havent had a show thread yet prolly bout time haha

#17 ·
looks great! :thumbsup:
:bow:
i had my car for 5 years now n havent had a show thread yet prolly bout time haha
Do it, lol.
Nice pics so far looking forward to seeing the rest of them
Thanks for looking more to come.
Looks good so far! Didn't you K24 swap??
Yep, lol wasn't finished posting:laughing:
Ohhh the pics get better...trust me...no nudes though...he isn't that type of guy
LOL, Thanks Wes plus no one would want to see those, not even me:rotfl:
Real clean.. I like it a lot!
Your car is sick, great choice in both wheel set ups :thumbsup:
dang too bad the boost didnt work out, but either way, a very very sick rsx nonetheless
Yeah I miss the power at times but not to worry I've got more in store for the engine:thumbsup:
Looks great, just got done with my k24 swap
Great, how do you like it?
What Offset are the Webs?
+35
bit of a n000b question but what is the front lip in the first pics as is like one
Greddy front lip. I loved that lip, too bad they never made one for the 05+

#11 · (Edited)
Well once again I can't keep a set of wheels too long so dedided to get a set I've wanted for so long.

I also wanted to switch a few things up and make it a little cleaner so I sold the J's rear bumper and Wide Fenders and bought an 05 oem rear

Don't worry though a diffuser will eventually find its way on the rear to continue the rest of the look:thumbsup:

After nearly two years of sitting in the garage, it is back on the street.

#23 ·
sick build man.. congrads in getting into import tuner... Did they see u at a show or did you contact them to get featured?

#31 ·
245/40/17

this car is the reason i sold my integra for an RSX when i saw it in import tuner a few years back.... even got ABP and still have the magazine.
:bow: Thank you for the kind words. Never thought I'd inspire anyone, lol.

Awesome car, man. Always nice to see og members sticking with a platform. Keep it up!
Thanks man I don't plan on stopping either, should be hitting the track next season to put all this stuff to good use.
beautiful car man.. congrats on owning the first j's kit in the states.. my favorite kit for the rsx.. i wish i could get my hands on that front bumper ha.
Thank you. I loved the kit and knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it. Some of the other guys executed it better than I did though, moneys tight when you got a family to support, lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.