Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Skunk2 Alpha Header 02'-06' RSX

95K views 234 replies 76 participants last post by  Raz 
#1 ·
I know that this just came out from Skunk2 3 days ago but I'm just curious if anyone has already ordered it yet. I know that I'll be placing my order when my tax check gets deposited.

Here is more info about it.
http://www.skunk2.com/id/868/02-06-RSX-02-05-Civic-Si-Alpha-Header/

I'm just surprised that it's only $450 when the MegaPower race header was $800.

Anyways, I'll be posting some pictures/video when I receive it in the mail. :thumbsup:

#2 ·
I have the mega power header and the install was a pain. Had to get the em2 sway bar cause the stock rubs and I had to cut off the arm for the exhaust hanger... Cause it hit the subframe.

#3 ·
I think I read that the Alpha race header will work with the OE front sway but I might just buy the EM2 one just for more clearance and piece of mind.

#6 ·
Also curious about this header. Got an email the other day from Kseries. Good price, anyone who bought one should chime in! Looks comparable to DCRH?
Are you serious? Skunk2 should never be compared to DC Sports haha.

Like I said I'll chime in my $0.02 when I get it ordered and installed.

#8 ·
Just placed my order today, will be ready for me to pick up this Friday, my buddy is helping me install Friday evening so I'll have pictures and a review either that night or Saturday sometime.

#12 ·
My friend just got his installed and got before and after dyno runs
Before-182.2
After-201.6

Only mods are passwordjdm powerchamber and hks 65mm exhaust

#14 ·
Hey guys thats me haha:thumbsup:

Here is my dyno results

Like Topher said the before results is with the password jdm power chamber and HKS 65mm exhaust. AAAAAAND the after is with the Skunk2 Alpha series megapower. Very happy with the results.

The install was done at VIP Performance in Portland, Oregon and they use a dynocom dyno

#13 ·
I'm tuned on a cold air intake, dcsports race header and hks 65mm exhaust and made 201.1 to the wheels im going to throw this damn dcsports header in the damn garbage. How does it make more power is it the design or diameter size?

#15 ·
Can't compare one car to another, way to many variables. Was the dyno the same? Was ambient temperature the same? Compression differences in the cylinders? You probably have a much better power curve then he does, which is what matters most, not the peak number.

#18 ·
:iamwiths:

#21 ·
just ordered my alpha header this evening, got the mount inserts sittin here at my house. can't wait til this thing gets here!!!! :thumbsup:

#23 ·
im workin on it! i still have to order the piping for my exhaust and i wanna get an IMG on the car before the reflash, but the RH reflash is definitely the plan!!

#30 ·
Im in the process of getting this and innovative 60a (all except the front mount of course -___- ) and kpro when my taxes come in. Questions are. For those who own this, hows the drone inside the car. Since im getting mounts should i worry about any banging? any other suggestions would be awesome.

#31 ·
mine will be arriving today :giggity:

#34 · (Edited)
From the research I've done which led to actually deciding on getting a KiddRacing/PLM/SSR header (up until the release of this Alpha header), I think you have yourself a great header that won't differ much from this new one, personally. I hear it's the same as the Skunk2 MegaPower header, only cheaper. Now if you had like a DC shorty header then yeah I'd say it's worth it, but as it is, your setup is what I want

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.