Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
390K views 1K replies 596 participants last post by  Jason_Urquhart 
#1 ·
Hey guys i was wondering, what type of shift knob are you using, or which kind would u like to be using?

The reason for me asking this is because i am buying a B&M SS, and i dont want the stock shift knob anymore, so i want to upgrade. I have heard the heavier the knob the better? is this true?, also which shift knob shape do you guys perfer? thank u advance

#1,365 ·
I have it along with the ktuned billet shifter...after owning both the skunk2 type r 440gram and the blox racing 490 gram this shift knob is by far the best...diamondcut grooves so your hands dont.slip and its actually weighted to correctly match our shifter...sometimes too heavy is bad as it deadens shift feel and rresponse .....get the knob as well as the ktuned shift arm if you're not gonna get the billet unit

#1,375 ·
bout to get that razo shift knob guys....I want it so bad. skunk2 one is great but I want something to fill out my hand a little bit more. kinda worried about the weight however cuz razo is 300g and skunk2 is 440 grams...shouldn't be a big deal plus everyone that tries the razo says they love it so im not worried. cant wait till payday:))))

#1,385 ·
Got the RSX aluminum 6MT knob installed and I'm a little shocked how much of a difference it makes having the extra weight for thr throws. Reeeeally like it! Installed it according to the instructions and I'm still not sure how I feel having that 1inch or more of the shift arm exposed. I guess if it bothers me I'll get the rubber washer like some members have done? Not too wild about the strutking one either.

Being in southern AZ the heat might be a problem though.. I might have to cover it or something when I park somewhere so I don't burn my hand when I return.

#1,393 ·
this sounds like a good idea since this time of year it burns like hell to grab on to a full metal one haha. need something a bit more summer friendly

#1,403 ·
I started with a stock A-Spec shift knob, bought an S2000 CR shift knob, then found a deal on a Mugen Civic SI shift knob. Been rocking the Mugen for the last few years. I bet I'm the only RSX out there with a Mugen SI knob :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.