Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

new member from ny-pics inside

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  sr20guy 
#1 ·
New member on this site but I've been around the block.. I had an rsx that I bought new in 2006 and absolutely loved the car. The car was so simple yet so effective. I/rh/e/im spacer/essm and tein suspension. I remember driving the car to work mon-fri, leaving work Friday night to make a 2hr drive to the CT street races.. beat the balls off the car race all weekend and be back at work on Monday. Car would run a consistent 13.90-13.99 I ended up selling the car to buy my truck in 2007 and I have ever since kicked myself for it. In the meantime Ive been working on my sentra. Its a 93 se-r. The car has had so many different setups its not even funny. It was an all motor ve for awhile. Two different sr20de setups with a 60trim. and the last setup is a sr20ve 6262 with meth. A friend of mine from work has an 02 rsx-s. He is the orig owner of the car. Car was waxed every Sunday for the first 6 years of it's life. as the car got older he just lost interest in it. Ive been harassing him for the past 4-5 years to sell me the car and for him to stop being a cheap fuck and buy a new car (he makes over 100k/year and owns his home free and clear) Well long story short I finally convinced him.

Like I said its an 02 pwp rsx-s bone bone bone stock virgin. Im the 2nd owner of the car. 120k miles. I did a comp test and its a solid 205-210 across the board. Chain appears to be tight but I have to do alittle research on the tensioner failure's that I keep hearing about. Last year he had Acura put a clutch in it, new brakes and calipers all the way around. There's one little penny size rust spot on the hood from a rock chipping the paint a few years ago and him never sealing it. He never beat on this thing. I swear the first time the high cam came on I think I saw dust coming from the exhaust :rotfl: plans for this are to keep it simple yet functional and use it as a new daily. I think it wont be long before a race header and an exhaust makes its way on the car.. keep your eyes posted for a new build thread with this :thumbsup:

See less See more
#3 ·
welcome to the forum. i'm guessing that's your ser in the second post? bet that one's fun and surprises people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.