Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Skunk2 Alpha Header 02'-06' RSX

95K views 234 replies 76 participants last post by  Raz 
#1 ·
I know that this just came out from Skunk2 3 days ago but I'm just curious if anyone has already ordered it yet. I know that I'll be placing my order when my tax check gets deposited.

Here is more info about it.
http://www.skunk2.com/id/868/02-06-RSX-02-05-Civic-Si-Alpha-Header/

I'm just surprised that it's only $450 when the MegaPower race header was $800.

Anyways, I'll be posting some pictures/video when I receive it in the mail. :thumbsup:

#121 ·
well i know for a fact that the progress front sway bar will not fit, no way in hell lol. sucks having to get rid of a part i waited for 5 months on backorder to get:run:

#125 ·
The last 2 weeks have been hell. I'm working out of town so I only get the weekends to work on my car. I installed the header had problems getting it to bolt onto the head. Then the stock sway bar had mm's of clearance on all sizes. And it leaked on the donut gasket. So this past weekend I aquired an em2 sway bar that didn't fit so put the stock bar back in. Good news is I fixed the leak but now the stock sway is all fucked up and hitting more than it used to. And the icing on the cake in throwing p0135 code for the upstream.

The first time I installed I used ss hardware and forgot to use never seize and galled the nuts so working on it the second time was an even bigger pain in the ass trying to get a Sawzall in there to cut the new bolts out

#128 · (Edited)
Toda sway and hotchkis adjustable end links lengthened to "twist" the sway bar up a lil bit and I have not one single clearance issue. I'm sure it'll work for any sway bar that rubs the header at the very top of the opening. Hope this helps.

#168 · (Edited)
Did you have the brembo conversion man? im having a hard time trying to find the solution to sway bar issue because brembo conversion requires a jdm sway bar :/

Alpha will most likely provide better gains especially if your planning to cam your ride. already at the adapter pipe its a 2.75 in". Ive had PLM before and it feels like car is pulling more than before. although i dont know if its the combination with my ktuned oval, the sound is not very nice : /

#130 ·
Worked for me, should for you too!

Btw, nice to see some ppl still reppin underground bmx. I'm an old school Standard guy but have always liked fbm and their parts

#131 ·
still not clearing on the sides. im going to try extending them more.

I wanna get back into riding that's all I did when I was younger me and a bunch of friends would just go everywhere looking for good spots to ride. I had a GT comp frame all decked out profile cranks, alex wheels ,fbm sprocket, bars and forks. loved that bike then some douche stole it and havent riden since . shit these days you hardly see kids riding around compared to 10 years ago.

#132 ·
So now that the new version/batch of the Alpha header has come out, what front sway bar/end links combo are people currently running that have the most clearance?

I read this entire thread and really got no good answer.

#133 ·
Not sure if I just got lucky or what, but i am still on stock sway, with Innovative 62a mounts, and i never hear or feel it hit. i'll see if i can get a pic of the clearance this afternoon

#152 ·
sorry it took so long to get back to you guys, I finally remembered to get pics of my setup. Sorry for the shitty cell phone quality, but I think it gives a general idea of what it's like.

like I said, not sure if i just got lucky, but this is with the stock sway and I have loads of clearance. Pics were taken with the car on the ground, so the suspension is fully loaded. Also, i autocrossed my car for the first time two weekends ago so I worked that sway bar over pretty hard and I never once heard the header hit or vibrate on the sway

I must say though, the midrange torque that this header throws out (compared to stock) is just pure awesomeness, and i'm not even on a good tune yet :vtec:

#134 ·
I have stock mounts with no ESMM with stock sway and stock endlinks running the Megan RH (bought car that way) and no problems with rubbing but the flex has gone to shit so I want either the Alpha or PLM 4-2-1.

I just need to know fitment on both headers.

#136 ·
That doesn't help me out with knowing if I can keep my stock sway or if I need to buy one with more clearance. If that's the case, which one do I get, because I've heard EM2 sway doesn't work. Also, as for the endlinks, I need to know exactly what I should be getting so I'm not rubbing when I get this header put on.

#139 ·
After talking to the guy at KSeriesParts, I'm going to buy the new Invidia header (without) the flex pipe, fits perrfect with oem sway and end links.

#143 ·
Success! tip about oil filter helped installed on an 02 Type-s and have no fitment issues. With stock swaybar and ingall endlinks. Other mods include 60A innovative motor mounts, ksport coilovers (first pic left side of exhaust, second pic right side of exhaust)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.