Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

AWD convert

408K views 1K replies 213 participants last post by  EP3A2 
#1 ·
What ya'll think and an AWD conversion in the rsx?
Just curious what everyone thinks...And maybe some suggestions as to where i can find a kit to do it.

:thumbsup:??:thumbsdow??

#1,062 ·
#1,064 ·
hahah I know guys I am a little excited myself.... I just hope everything gets done before my wife delivers she is 37 weeks about to pop. If not then I will have to move the completion date to August.

Its smooth sailing from now tho, K20A2 got the crossmember issue solved so its all a direct bolt on the crossmember, trans, t-case. Exhaust is a joke and a driveshaft is one too.

Once the trans/tcase is in, it will be days before the driveshaft gets done too. I have a final on the 11th and another 2 finals 3rd week of July so this is really a busy time in my life.... from there on I don't start my masters until May of next year so plenty of time to have fun. :)

Make sure the components hold too.

#1,065 ·
did some quick looking, the Element is .2" different on wheel base than the RSX so the stock driveshaft should fit. the width is different by 3.6" so you would need to get creative on the rear axles similar to the CRV two left axles. I think the Element is a lot better of a starting point than the CRV as far as doing this simple.

#1,078 ·
Looks like there's more than just the bolt length issue. It doesn't look like the FWD diff has a smooth/machined flat surface for the bolt head if the bolt is put in 'backwards'. Also, you would have to drill the threads out of the FWD diff, to have the shoulder of the bolt go through there.

#1,090 ·
:thumbsup:
well the next step would be to get the trans, subframe, and tcase in it, followed by cutting out the portion of the tunnel and making a custom drive shaft.

If anyone has a child here they know how demanding new born babys are, it is pretty hard for me to sleep making me not want to do much through out the day. I am sure in the next 3-4 weeks it will be much better so when it DOES get better I will have the trans ready.

To add to my misery I live in Florida where we get constant rain every day along with 110 degree weather and 85% humidity. :(

So crew, hang on tight it will get done I promise!!!!! Just need to get some rest and will power to do it. It's nowhere but downhill from here on.
:thumbsup:

#1,095 ·
I've got an 04 RSX turbo making 500+ to the wheels. Way too much torque steer and no traction. Anyone know of someone in the Atlanta area that could do an AWD conversion? Please PM me. I can get a crv 4x drive 5sp however i would like to swap out my msport gears into the crv tranny if possible and use my stage 5 clutch.

I thought I saw a video where someone basically swapped the whole lower control arms, knuckles etc...from a crv with little effort. I just don't know what to do about the fuel tank. I would rather not have a fuel cell in the trunk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.