Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1995 Black GS-R

Tags
1995 black gsr
3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  itskien 
#1 ·
For some time now I've been thinking about picking up a GS-R if I found one in worthy condition. Just recently a 1995 GS-R popped up with only 105k miles on it.. completely stock/unmodified, BUT the seller wants $7500 for it......

I realize a fair price always just comes down to what the seller is willing to take and the buyer is willing to pay.. but honestly.. how much would you guys say a car in this condition is worth?

#4 ·
I spoke to the seller and he said that he's always kept up with the service per the dealership. He just got done with the 100k service not long ago. So all the fluids were flushed and replaced. He had to do shocks and struts. Power steering. as well. Only flaw I guess is a somewhat ripped driver's seat.

Kbb'd the car and it's coming back at no more than $2100 for excellent private party with a highest fair purchase price of around $3300. I'm willing to pay a bit more for something well maintained and completely unmolested. I offered him $4k for it but he refused quickly. So now I'm trying to think of how much more I'm willing to go up before it's absolutely ridiculous..

#6 ·
he doesn't really have much choice. you can take care of a car all you want, but at the end of the day, the years will go by and the car will go down in value.

either he's going to hang onto the car and hope for someone to bite his bait, or he's going to get to the point that he wants it out of his life and jump on your deal. i say give it time. you have tons of it.

#7 ·
Yeah.. I can't imagine going any higher than $4k for it. That's already awfully high. I can really appreciate a car that someone has kept nice and true.. but I'm certainly not willing to pay a fortune for it. I'll have to wait it out like suggested and see if he comes around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.