Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

IMW-Tuned: 2008 FA5, K24, TD Autowerkes mani, GT35R, tuned on FlashPro

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  hadi 
#1 ·
I recently had a customer contact me for some FlashPro dyno tuning.

Here was the setup.

2008 Civic Si Sedan

K24 block
Eagle H-Beam rods
JE 10:1 pistons
OEM bearings

K20Z3 head
Stock cams/valvetrain
RBC
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
RC750 injectors

TD Autowerkes bottom-mount tubular manifold
GT3582R turbo
TiAL 44mm wastegate
3" downpipe
3" exhaust

Custom charge piping
Large generic intercooler

Tuned on FlashPro

The car was street tuned by customer prior to getting tuned by myself. The baseline pull on the customer's tune netted 417whp / 319wtq @ 10psi.

Here were the final results:

450whp / 341wtq @ 10psi

Here's the boost plot.

Again, tuning was done strictly off wastegate pressure. Indicated injector duty cycle was at 100% at 7,700-7,800 RPM, so I did not turn the pressure up.

The customer plans to install a return system and a set of 1,000cc injectors and shoot for 550whp on pump fuel upon his return in the Spring.

- Derek

See less See more
#5 ·
Awesome stuff Derek. I can't wait to get my Full-Race setup to you. Sorry for the somewhat thread jack but how is the car still operating properly at 100% duty? My car misfires and my AFR shoots to the mid 13s at only 95% duty on my 650s and iI have to let off or I'll blow it to smitherines. lol...I also have the Walbro. So confusing. I see other guys with the FlashPro stating that their Duty cycles have been at 107-110% and it didn't misfire either. Wtf? lol..

#7 ·
What you're describing may be the beginning of one or more of your injectors failing.

Also, this is just an indicated duty cycle. The calculation the program uses to calculate duty cycle isn't perfect, so what may be indicated as 100% may actually be closer to 90%.

#11 ·
No, it really wouldn't have.

You must realize horsepower is merely an expression of torque at a given engine speed...

A K20 with a GT35R at 10psi will usually make anywhere between 390-415whp on my dyno on average.

There is no replacement for displacement, fella's.

#16 ·
Derek great numbers!

Impressed at the power the setup put out with the stock fuel system. Derek out of curiosity on a street turbo setup like this would you trade higher revs a k20 can produce with a piston+rod combo similar to this k24 for lower revs but make extra torque?

#20 ·
There is no replacement for displacement.

The potential for power production on a 2.4 liter engine is much greater than a 2.0 liter engine of similar flow characteristics.

No one says you can't rev a K24 to 8,200-9,000 RPM, as long as you have quality rotating components and the breathing capacity to support it.

i wanna see a picture of that td autowerkes manifold. They are located right here in Miami

#23 ·
good job Derek, really i love your work.

i have some plans to change my setup to turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.