DIY:Acura TL 4 Piston Brembo Caliper Upgrade For Acura RSX - Page 23 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 09:34 PM   #551
RSlowXS
Master Member

RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by saysana13b View Post
How hard is it to DIY versus buying one of the retrofit ones that go for $900 or so?

EDIT: Actually, I really want to know if the Cardone TL-S brakes are re-manufactured OEM ones or if they are just replicas?
Cardone.com states they are brake remanufactures.. I would assume they are remanufactured OEM ones. Never really heard of a replica brembo brake.

The DIY is a lot of work and if you mess up you are screwed, honestly being a customer who went with the retrofit package ones, I regret nothing for what I paid. My brakes bolted right up, the 5mm off the back was milled to clear perfectly, the powdercoat job was top notch, the shipping time was fantastic and I felt much safer installing them than if I drilled out everything! Including the little 1mm spacer to go behind the rotor to ensure perfect fitment. I think it's worth the price tag and makes the DIY time only a tad bit longer than if you were just replacing brake pads.
RSlowXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #552
saysana13b

saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx saysana13b is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSlowXS View Post
Cardone.com states they are brake remanufactures.. I would assume they are remanufactured OEM ones. Never really heard of a replica brembo brake.

The DIY is a lot of work and if you mess up you are screwed, honestly being a customer who went with the retrofit package ones, I regret nothing for what I paid. My brakes bolted right up, the 5mm off the back was milled to clear perfectly, the powdercoat job was top notch, the shipping time was fantastic and I felt much safer installing them than if I drilled out everything! Including the little 1mm spacer to go behind the rotor to ensure perfect fitment. I think it's worth the price tag and makes the DIY time only a tad bit longer than if you were just replacing brake pads.
Thanks for the reply man. I appreciate it. I feel like I can definitely do it myself. I'm just a very frugal guy and love to do things on my own. Did you see a big difference once installed in terms of braking power?
saysana13b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:02 PM   #553
F_mayen

F_mayen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx F_mayen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx F_mayen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx F_mayen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx F_mayen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx F_mayen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx F_mayen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx F_mayen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by raya2tov View Post
So I finished my car. I have the calipers with stock type s wheels I will upload pics tomorrow.
Did you have to use any spacers? I have my complete set up and just waiting to install.
F_mayen is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2017, 11:13 PM   #554
RSlowXS
Master Member

RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Thanks for the reply man. I appreciate it. I feel like I can definitely do it myself. I'm just a very frugal guy and love to do things on my own. Did you see a big difference once installed in terms of braking power?
Ha in all honestly daily driving no I do not feel a difference in braking power. Under heavy breaking maybe? It's difficult to tell without having two side by side and measuring stopping distances. There's always that placebo effect too when I got behind the wheel after doing it that made me feel like it was superior but I believe that the brakes are huge and heavier that unnoticed the front wheels feeling more planted and steering felt a little heavier if that makes sense.

I don't regret it for a second though. I've heard and read around thatbif you do the steel braided brake lines you may feel more brake response because they won't flex as much. Ultimately they look amazing. I like how the steering feels with them installed. They make me feel like I brake better and they are super easy to change pads on vs oem forsure.
RSlowXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:47 PM   #555
black dc5
Master Member

black dc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Tires stop the car, brakes stop the wheels/tires. The benefit from this conversion is a lighter caliper for less unsprung weight, 2-piston instead of a sliding caliper design, and the difference you'll feel is heat dissipation which you won't notice in day to day.

In aggressive driving, once the stock calipers reach thermal capacity, braking will be inconsistent.
black dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:55 PM   #556
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
Yeah most people think bigger brakes are for "more" braking power but it's all what he said ^

ATLANTA DALLAS
RSXRetrofits | VisionAutoworks | Team Hi-Def
UnitF14 Powdercoating | O'Reilly Plano
cauQazn is offline   Reply With Quote