Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Perhaps a non-issue. INJEN C.A.I.

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Enishi26 
#1 ·
Well about a year ago I purchased the INJEN C.A.I. from K-Series Parts. I've been pleased with the (minimal maybe) increase in mid and top range power increase, and the aggresive sound on acceleration. Its a dry filter type, and the description on the selling site stated that it only needed to be cleaned once a year. So here is the (non) issue. I pulled the bumper to clean the filter. It wasn't dirty. No chunks, leaves, even dust. I do have the hydro shield on it, and that had some water spots. Rinsed the filter in water in a bucket, and the water was still pretty clear. So I'm thinking that there is a leak and its sucking air into the intake past the filter. Took off the elbow ant the TB and its clean. Put my hand over the end of the pipe with the engine running and the elbow collapsed and car stalled. Huh. Just thought it odd that it is still clean after a year.

#2 ·
... ...

ok yes its a non issue. if you live on a dirt road its different than the burbs. but with the hydro shield it is a pre filter and your main filter should not get dirty and no need to soak the main filter in water!! just rinse off the hydro shield and let dry. your other filter should be protected. I work next door to the place that makes the hydro shield. I just replaced my hydro shield after 5 years only because it rubbed on sway bar with aem v2 and rbc im combo

#4 ·
me too

I lived 45 mi away from my job when I first got my car. 36mpg avg 40mpg babying it in the beginning. that's why I have an auto and modified it. I love it.

#5 ·
Definitely a non-issue everything is supposed to do that. when your car couldnt get air it died like its supposed to. If you have a hydroshield the actual filter is going to be really clean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.