Supercharged *CHAT* CXV - The S/C crew resurrection - Page 26 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 05-21-2017, 04:45 PM   #626
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
p/s delete

Here was how I resolved the belt issue for anyone who may be interested. I order the KTuned EP3 adjustable idler pulley. This allowed me to reuse my existing belt and keep the same belt routing recommended by jmercado.

I'll keep you guys posted. I'll be ordering a new 81" belt later this week to replace my current.
cube -n- crew #uno | Short on Mod Cash Crew Member #35

Last edited by nats007; 05-22-2017 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: Updated
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2017, 04:53 PM   #627
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
updated intake

So, I also upgraded my cheap SRI with a 6" filter and vstack.

Before:

After:

I had to modify the intake arm (e.g., cut off ~4") to get the intake with the new filter to fit, hopefully I'll see a little improvement, but I'm not betting on it. Should be back to self tuning this week

Last edited by nats007; 05-22-2017 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: Updated
Old 05-21-2017, 07:20 PM   #628
Luna
Tuna Luna

Luna is on a distinguished road
Nats, Pics aren't working for me.
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #629
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Hmm, seems​ to be a permission issue... I'll try to figure it out. Google photos makes it so complicated
Old 05-21-2017, 11:33 PM   #630
abpRSX-S
Ummm....

abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Relocated my battery to the trunk today but now I have a whirring sound through the radio. I'm assuming it's a grounding issue. I ran 4g power to the front where it splits at a distribution box to alt and starter. Connected a fresh 4g ground from trans to a bolt in the chassis​. Then I ran a 4g aluminum ground (what I had to use for now) from battery to chassis. All grounds are less than a foot. I'm wondering if when I swap out that aluminum ground for copper in the morning if it'll fix my issue. Other than that car starts and drives fine. BTW nats007 last time I looked at my iat it was about 45* ambient and my temp was about 85-95 might've even cracked a hundred after a few hard pulls.
-Broke Student Crew #25-
-335whp JRSC RSX
abpRSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:09 AM   #631
abpRSX-S
Ummm....

abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I saw spaz's thread where he ran a ground from battery to engine but I've also seen and know people who run grounds to chassis with no issue. I guess worst case scenario I'll tear my car apart again next weekend and run another ground to block.
-Broke Student Crew #25-
-335whp JRSC RSX
abpRSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:18 AM   #632
burton5251

burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey guys looking for a little input. I sent my blower out to get ported and the rotors ceramic coated. Has anyone had heat reflective ceramic coating applied to the casing? If so does it make a moderate difference? Just trying to decide if I should go that route as well.
burton5251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:11 AM   #633
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by abpRSX-S View Post
Relocated my battery to the trunk today but now I have a whirring sound through the radio. I'm assuming it's a grounding issue. I ran 4g power to the front where it splits at a distribution box to alt and starter. Connected a fresh 4g ground from trans to a bolt in the chassis​. Then I ran a 4g aluminum ground (what I had to use for now) from battery to chassis. All grounds are less than a foot. I'm wondering if when I swap out that aluminum ground for copper in the morning if it'll fix my issue. Other than that car starts and drives fine. BTW nats007 last time I looked at my iat it was about 45* ambient and my temp was about 85-95 might've even cracked a hundred after a few hard pulls.
Thanks for the update on IATs... Seems about right where I'm at w/ IATs being ~50 degrees warmer than ambient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abpRSX-S View Post
I saw spaz's thread where he ran a ground from battery to engine but I've also seen and know people who run grounds to chassis with no issue. I guess worst case scenario I'll tear my car apart again next weekend and run another ground to block.
I've seen majority run ground to the chassis, but I think spaz had an electrical issue that led to a small fire. I personally recall seeing folks run 4g power along one side of the car (i.e., driver side) and 4g ground on the other side (i.e., passenger side) for audio systems specifically to eliminate the alternator whine noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton5251 View Post
Hey guys looking for a little input. I sent my blower out to get ported and the rotors ceramic coated. Has anyone had heat reflective ceramic coating applied to the casing? If so does it make a moderate difference? Just trying to decide if I should go that route as well.
I personally have not. Who's doing the work on your blower?
Old 05-22-2017, 07:28 AM   #634
burton5251

burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
Thanks for the update on IATs... Seems about right where I'm at w/ IATs being ~50 degrees warmer than ambient.

I've seen majority run ground to the chassis, but I think spaz had an electrical issue that led to a small fire. I personally recall seeing folks run 4g power along one side of the car (i.e., driver side) and 4g ground on the other side (i.e., passenger side) for audio systems specifically to eliminate the alternator whine noise.

I personally have not. Who's doing the work on your blower?
Ok thanks anyway, Jon Bond Performance
burton5251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:35 AM   #635
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by burton5251 View Post
Ok thanks anyway, Jon Bond Performance
Interesting! Keep us updated on the rebuild.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #636
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Pics updated... Hopefully, you guys can see them now
Old 05-22-2017, 06:32 PM   #637
Luna
Tuna Luna

Luna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
Pics updated... Hopefully, you guys can see them now
Yessir!
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:31 PM   #638
orangeS

orangeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Anyone here running 11 psi un-cooled?

My friend currently have a jrsc with 650cc injectors running 9 psi. He's got the belt and pulley for 11 psi, but not aftercooler. Wondering if we can run 11 lbs without aftercooler and switch to e85.
orangeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:59 PM   #639
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
Yessir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeS View Post

My friend currently have a jrsc with 650cc injectors running 9 psi. He's got the belt and pulley for 11 psi, but not aftercooler. Wondering if we can run 11 lbs without aftercooler and switch to e85.
What's the pulley setup and motor? There is a certain RPM where cooling is a must...

This should help:
http://mercracing.net/support-2/blow...-for-the-mp62/
Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM   #640
94b20gsr

94b20gsr is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeS View Post

You can, as long as your ignition is set up properly. Used to be common for guys to run 11psi before aftercoolers even existed. Top end will be nearly the same after the ignition is turned down, but midrange will pick up some power.
AIS W/M 14GPH
94b20gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #641
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Day 2 driving the RSX and it's starting to feel good. It felt sluggish yesterday, but I think it was too hot here in FL and I was running AC. Today, it felt much better and much in line with what I remember.

I did some datalogs going into work today and things are looking good. I was tuning while the weather was cooler, so do you have a summer tune and a winter one?
Old Today, 07:40 AM   #642
94b20gsr

94b20gsr is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I don't have 2 tunes, but I do adjust the overall fuel trim depending on the ambient temp. In the winter it's at 0% change, and in the summer it goes as high as -7% fuel trim to account for the weather. Cam angles and ignition, as long as the correct ignition compensation is set, don't need a change.
AIS W/M 14GPH
94b20gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:27 PM   #643
crackerjack
+ Displacement

crackerjack is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
fuel trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94b20gsr View Post
I don't have 2 tunes, but I do adjust the overall fuel trim depending on the ambient temp. In the winter it's at 0% change, and in the summer it goes as high as -7% fuel trim to account for the weather. Cam angles and ignition, as long as the correct ignition compensation is set, don't need a change.
Mine is similair to yours. I seem to have a -7 on Long term fuel trim depending on winter or summer.
Old Today, 03:41 PM   #644
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94b20gsr View Post
Awesome! Good to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
Mine is similair to yours. I seem to have a -7 on Long term fuel trim depending on winter or summer.