Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Question about 255/40/17 on 17X9 +35 wheels

16K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  a4andy 
#1 ·
I know this has been discussed to death but I'd like to hear from the people who are running this combination what modifications, aside from rolling the rear fender, will need to be done. I'm running -1.5 in the front and -.75 in the rear. I haven't ordered the tires yet and now thinking about stepping down to a 245/40/17 to avoid excessive fender modifications.

Does anybody currently run this setup? If so, could you post pictures of what the fitment looks like. I found some other pictures of people running this setup and it looks like I'd need to run more camber in the front and rear to make it work.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Usually I would tell people to search, but since you are doing the right thing by getting 255s all around I'll help u out. Basically it depends how low you are. The lower you are the more negative camber you will need. Generally you should get -2 camber front and -1 or -1.5 rear. Remember to run 0 toe all around. And the only fender mod you need is a rear fender roll. You can leave the front fenders alone.

#3 ·
Thanks a lot for your help. Here's a picture of the car as it sits right now:

There's a 1.5 finger gap between the wheel and fender in all 4 corners.

I've searched on the topic and haven't really found anybody that has said what you just did. What I have found most is the +22 vs +35 debate. Maybe I'm not using the right search terms.

Do those camber settings cause accelerated tire wear?

#5 ·
Im guessing that if you are getting an alignment from a shop...one can tell them the camber and toe specs you want, and they can put it there. Is that correct? Bc I also have some 17x9 +35 with 245/40 on the way.

#11 ·
Yes, depending on your ride height. You don't really need that much camber at all, just roll the rears. Your fronts will probably rub on full lock turns, but that's just something to live with. Will probably rub on fender liners too if you still have them, I ended up trimming the liners

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.