Turbo *Chat* Crank the Boost & Turn'er Loose - Page 16 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Turbo RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 06-14-2017, 07:12 AM   #376
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANonJUAN View Post
Yessir. Going to the track soon... it's gonna suck to run in this heat... but i'm itching to race.
Me too.... I'm still waiting for my new snail so I can modify my downpipe and finish my IC piping. I put a 4" vband on my intercooler outlet, 3" vanjen on the inlet and I'm making a whole new compressor side pipe for better routing and vanjen connection.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:16 AM   #377
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
Me too.... I'm still waiting for my new snail so I can modify my downpipe and finish my IC piping. I put a 4" vband on my intercooler outlet, 3" vanjen on the inlet and I'm making a whole new compressor side pipe for better routing and vanjen connection.
Nice. Got pictures of your engine bay/turbo setup?
2014 ZX14R - Stock for now
2014 Mustang 5.0 8.60@164 / 1.31 60ft
JUANonJUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:09 AM   #378
02s2knick

02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
mid day finally employed again. 3rd day on the job and trying to get use to the company computer policy.
99 Camry - (totaled) plate&6 screws in my forearm
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
02s2knick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2017, 06:37 AM   #379
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02s2knick View Post
mid day finally employed again. 3rd day on the job and trying to get use to the company computer policy.
Glad to see that you're back at work brother
Old 06-15-2017, 07:03 AM   #380
Push
doing stuff

Push is easy..................when it comes to rep
Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep
Push is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:54 AM   #381
02s2knick

02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Glad to see that you're back at work brother
Thank you sir! the 3 months off was very nice to relax even though I couldn't afford to do anything. It depleted my checking account pretty bad! if I had found a job 2 months sooner Id have a turbo kit ordered

Got a quote from a local shop for a full race twin scroll with EFR 7670 with no other options for $5200. I forget what the price came in at on the full race website.
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old 06-15-2017, 11:35 AM   #382
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
Thank you sir! the 3 months off was very nice to relax even though I couldn't afford to do anything. It depleted my checking account pretty bad! if I had found a job 2 months sooner Id have a turbo kit ordered

Got a quote from a local shop for a full race twin scroll with EFR 7670 with no other options for $5200. I forget what the price came in at on the full race website.
I may know someone that can beat that price
Old 06-15-2017, 01:07 PM   #383
02s2knick

Quote:
I may know someone that can beat that price
oh really!?!
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old 06-16-2017, 10:03 AM   #384
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start
Quote:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.p...&postcount=160

It's missing the shroud and a few misc odds and ends but this is how it was with the PTE turdblow and before I did all my vband/vanjen flanges.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:03 AM   #385
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Quote:

It's missing the shroud and a few misc odds and ends but this is how it was with the PTE turdblow and before I did all my vband/vanjen flanges.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:44 AM   #386
02s2knick

Just a single turbo setup? Bet that thing is fun to drive though.
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
Old 06-16-2017, 11:39 AM   #387
BigWorm85
armchair engine builder

BigWorm85 gets around and is known
BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known BigWorm85 gets around and is known
Old 06-16-2017, 01:15 PM   #388
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Quote:
Just a single turbo setup? Bet that thing is fun to drive though.
Just juan snail... Im probably going twins in the next year or so but the Comp single I have now will support 1100whp so I am well within my efficiency range.

I havent really driven it yet. I got it all together and then got a deal on the new turbo and took it apart. Turbo comes next week so it should finally see the street by the end of the month.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:00 PM   #389
Push
doing stuff

Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep
Quote:
Just juan snail... Im probably going twins in the next year or so but the Comp single I have now will support 1100whp so I am well within my efficiency range.

I havent really driven it yet. I got it all together and then got a deal on the new turbo and took it apart. Turbo comes next week so it should finally see the street by the end of the month.
Really cool man. That's gonna be fun as shit! GL getting her ready.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:06 AM   #390
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:

Quote:

Looks good mayne.
Do you have or do you need a built trans and rear end ?
Old 06-19-2017, 09:58 AM   #391
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Quote:
Looks good mayne.
Do you have or do you need a built trans and rear end ?
I need both. I'm going with the C6Z TR6060 and differential at the end of the season.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:23 PM   #392
05OrangeS

05OrangeS is on a distinguished road
What's everyone running/ran for oil in their turbo RSX?
05OrangeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:22 AM   #393
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05OrangeS View Post
What's everyone running/ran for oil in their turbo RSX?
20W50 Amsoil Dominator race oil.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:44 AM   #394
Push
doing stuff

One of the things I wrestled with on my old setup was oil smoke out the exhaust after consecutive hard pulls. The Full Race oil return line was super long and dipped before it went back in the oil pan. I think oil collected in there. This time I'm fabricating a line that just goes straight in.

I was using 5w30. You guys think thicker would help eliminate oil smoke?
Old 06-20-2017, 10:27 AM   #395
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Push View Post

One of the things I wrestled with on my old setup was oil smoke out the exhaust after consecutive hard pulls. The Full Race oil return line was super long and dipped before it went back in the oil pan. I think oil collected in there. This time I'm fabricating a line that just goes straight in.

I don't think so. I ran thicker oil for the added oil pressure. After spinning bearings, i was paranoid about oil pressure lol
Old 06-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #396
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Quote:

What turbo do you have and what size oil feed line? Any oil restrictor?
Old 06-20-2017, 10:50 AM   #397
Push
doing stuff

Quote:
What turbo do you have and what size oil feed line? Any oil restrictor?
I'm on a GT3076R turblo with a -3 feed and this restrictor:
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=BCS
Old 06-20-2017, 11:34 AM   #398
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

I also ran it because it is better for extreme heat like the one created at full effort HP.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:49 PM   #399
Push
doing stuff

spun bearing

Maybe dump this in thar
http://www.chiefaircraft.com/oil-w100.html
Old 06-20-2017, 03:58 PM   #400
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Quote:
I'm on a GT3076R turblo with a -3 feed and this restrictor:
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=BCS
Where is your drain located on the pan? Any oil in your intake or exhaust?