02 rsx type s from Houston - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > New Member Introduction RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 03-17-2017, 07:28 PM   #1
dmgrimes111

dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
02 rsx type s from Houston

Hey I'm new to the whole forums thing, but I have 02 rsx type s and it is awesome so I decided to join this to see if I could make the experience even better. It's my second car and I think it will stay that way for a long while.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0631.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	359.9 KB
ID:	529465   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0681.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	516.3 KB
ID:	529473  
dmgrimes111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2017, 09:39 AM   #2
InZain08

InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your ride with us! Its clean! I like the headlights.

How long have you had it? What are your plans for it? Does it have any mods?
InZain08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:26 PM   #3
dmgrimes111

dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dmgrimes111 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by InZain08 View Post
Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your ride with us! Its clean! I like the headlights.

How long have you had it? What are your plans for it? Does it have any mods?

I've had for about a week now and it has 263k miles. Engine and trans were rebuilt 35k ago. Put new head and fog lights in. For right now I'm taking it one step at a time and getting a new suspension and rims and tires. After that I'll figure it out for the next thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-19-2017, 08:11 PM   #4
InZain08

InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Very cool! What are you looking at in terms of the suspension and rims?
Old 03-19-2017, 10:28 PM   #5
dmgrimes111

Quote:
Originally Posted by InZain08 View Post
Very cool! What are you looking at in terms of the suspension and rims?

Well I don't really know yet any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2017, 10:06 AM   #6
InZain08

I could suggest a few different suspension setups but it really depends on what your goals are and what your budget is. If you're after a sporty yet practical daily driver, I would suggest OEM A-Spec, Mugen SS, or Tein Flex.

Rims are entirely owner preference but please try not to cheap out because rims can crack and leave you stranded or worse, endanger yourself and others. Also, the car's performance technically will suffer if you go with bigger, heavier rims due to the added unsprung weight but any loss will likely be negligible. Larger diameter rims could also throw off your Tachometer/Speedometer.

I'm of the opinion that good maintenance is always priority #1. Be sure to check and replace all fluids, belts, pulleys, brakes, rotors, filters, etc, if needed.

Good luck and keep us posted!