Timing and vtec Done - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 03-19-2017, 10:52 PM   #1
marko16

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Timing and vtec Done

Redid the timing and it started and I drove around, cel was on. Ran well, came home disconnected battery for 1/2 hour to clear. Tried to start, car kind of ran then died. I would guess timing is still a tooth off. Or would it be the vtec actuator lock?

Car did not seem to have vtec, or again timing, and I couldn't understand what the manual said about turning actuator counter clockwise. Not sure what part to turn, I'd guess the outside. if I wasn't in lock, does that mess with intake timing or is that strictly to pull in and out of vtec?

Last edited by marko16; 03-25-2017 at 09:31 PM..
marko16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 10:46 AM   #2
marko16

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Damb, still a tooth off. It Would be better to take timing cover off, but all the stuff and trying to get all that rtv off and on correctly would suck. I tried to get all the slack out, but that tensioner snap must have moved one. Dumb ass here didn't verify 100%, so said ass gets to pay in time to do it again.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:33 PM   #3
marko16

Ok, ok, off comes the timing chain cover, good thing, the water pump is weeping.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:58 PM   #4
marko16

It's all apart. Couple of bolts made me want to cry. Cover should be a breeze to put back on as it's fairly spacious.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:29 PM   #5
marko16

Finally done. waterpump bolts were the hardest part. Plenty of room to do timing cover.