PRB Kpro in RSX BASE - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 03-19-2017, 08:55 PM   #1
lammertime

lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
PRB Kpro in RSX BASE

Hi,

Been searching for a while and can't find a definite answer.

As I understand, using the Type S Ecu with KPRO in the base will work, but make you lose secondary runner control. What exactly happens here? Do I just permanently lose the long runner and low end torque?
lammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 12:55 PM   #2
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I thought maybe you could use the output for the Type S reverse lockout solenoid for the intake manifold runner control solenoid instead but idk someone else would have to chime in
Old 03-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #3
lammertime

lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lammertime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
As I understand, the ECU itself doesn't support dual runners as the Type-S doesn't have it and it's not an issue with Kpro compatibility at all. Really wondering the impact as well. I know it won't matter if I get a new Intake mani, but that's going to be down the road if it happens.

But I'm so new to this I really have no idea what I'm doing.. Just trying to figure out which used Kpros I can safely buy..

Old 03-24-2017, 10:40 AM   #4
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I'm finding info that backs what you are saying -- the Type S ECU doesn't have the output for the IMRC so they will always be open (not good for low end torque). I guess I was thinking on Ktuner I think you can use the outputs how you like but I guess not with Kpro. Anyways, the PRB intake manis are are really cheap, so yeah there is that if you found a certain good deal on the Type S Kpro
Old 03-26-2017, 01:31 AM   #5
lammertime

Do you recommend doing that? Getting a used Type-S kpro and a PRB mani will probably be the same cost as getting a new kpro for my ecu.

I'm currently bone stock, and wasn't planning on the mani until doing the standard ihe. What kind of benefits does the PRB mani give?
Old 03-27-2017, 11:34 AM   #6
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

Idk. I was just tossing it out there if you have a Type S kpro lined up cuz they aren't that expensive. It probably won't do too too much alone unless you do the A2/Z1 cams with the VTEC pin swap (see thread "A2 cams in A3 head")