Another Black RSX show-off :) - Page 12 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > Member Show-Off
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 01-25-2016, 05:24 PM   #276
koss1229

koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaswas View Post
Trust me ball joints used to be my worst enemy. Heres a trick i learned last weekend that saved my life. Go to oreily or pepboys, autozone doesnt carry it. and rent the PitMan Arm puller, make sure its the bigger one. When you get to this stage in the picture push the spindle towards the engine bay and fit the puller onto the control arm, a couple turns and its out, without damaging the ball joint
Looks pretty straight forward from that picture. Thanks again!
So what brand bearing did you buy and where? Based on my research, the oem brand is NTN and those are quite expensive from the dealer ($74 online).
RockAuto sells Timken bearings for $25. People say it's a good brand for any bearing.
What did you pick up for $45?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2016, 09:05 PM   #277
Salaswas

Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
autozone lol. Comes with a 1 year warranty so i havent put too much miles one so i cant say anything good or bad about it yet. But so far so good.
Broke college kid #132
Salaswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:06 AM   #278
RexRaptor

RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
It's an amazing machine

Out of curiosity, how feasible is it to retrofit a pair of headlights as you did? I'm a novice when it comes to electrical work (soldering/cutting/splicing etc.) but good at paying attention to detail and instructions.

Is there a DIY you would recommend? Thanks
RexRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2016, 01:04 AM   #279
koss1229

koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koss1229 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexRaptor View Post
It's an amazing machine

Out of curiosity, how feasible is it to retrofit a pair of headlights as you did? I'm a novice when it comes to electrical work (soldering/cutting/splicing etc.) but good at paying attention to detail and instructions.

Is there a DIY you would recommend? Thanks
I'd say, the retrofit project was the hardest of all the things I've done to my car.
It is feasible if you have lots of patience. Definitely not a project for a sloppy hand.

You have to cut a hole in the headlight housing to fit the projector. If you cut too much, the shroud will sit too deep and the whole thing may not even fit the headlight anymore. Gotta work at it slowly and test-fit the projector and the shroud many times (making sure the projector is perfectly perpendicular). Then you need to figure a way to secure the projector and the shroud firmly. I couldn't trust JB weld to hold the projectors, so I used long skinny bolts to hold mine in place. Then used steel wire to hold the shroud nicely. I put double nuts on the long bolts, then wrapped the wire around them and then secured the whole thing with JB weld. You wouldn't believe, but it still came loose after some time and my shroud fell out, so I had to take them apart again.
After that, there were moisture issues, so I had to take them apart and re-seal yet again.

Pain in the ass, but it's one of the most rewarding things you can do. It just feels like driving a nicer car at night.

I used Lexus projectors and they were quite large. It is probably easier with TSX projectors. Much easier if you use Mini H1 kit, but I'm not sure if the output is worth the trouble.

This thread was a huge help to me, but I still tweaked it my own way:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=974058

Oh, and the electrical part was really simple. I used the Lexus ignitors that came with the projectors and just spliced the wires to the Lexus plug.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:19 AM   #280
RexRaptor

RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RexRaptor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx

Oh well, maybe one day I'll have enough money to just pay someone do it for me.

Thanks for the detailed reply
RexRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:44 PM   #281
koss1229

Picked up a 36mm socket at Sears today and tried tightening the nut. Applied about 150 pounds - no go...
I'm trying to be careful about it, because I can't risk not having the car for the next morning.
The nut appears as if it was going to untie itself, but hit the notch. It's really on the edge there.
I have a Craftsman 19v impact gun (200 ft/tq), but I read online that using an impact gun can damage the axle.
Maybe I'll spend some more time with it on the weekend.

On the side of things, we are shopping for a newer car for the lady. I was insisting on a 2011 CR-V, but she hated the interior, so we are looking at newer RDX. Never bought an expensive car like that, so it's an experience for me. Will post pictures when we buy something
Old 01-27-2016, 03:01 PM   #282
AzianK
Modelrator

AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
love that first pic under the tree, awesome colour
Zombie Eradication Team Member #27

HASK Infamous Anime Crew Viet Crew CRSX Mod Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_02
I'm surprised you even drink coffee

With it being black and all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith
khoa would throw the whole viet crew into oncoming traffic if a white girl asked him to.
AzianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:39 PM   #283
koss1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
love that first pic under the tree, awesome colour
Yea, it turned out good.
Fiancee voluntarily uses that pic as background on both her Mac and phone. Loves pink! haha
Old 01-30-2016, 09:47 PM   #284
Ridgeback

Ridgeback is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
The RDX is nice, I looked long and hard at it for my wife when we sold our Pilot. End up settling with a Nissan Juke AWD. It is much smaller than the RDX, but the Juke turns 100 times better in AWD-V mode, and holy cheap is it ever good on gas.
EK K20a2 (gone)
CL9 K24a2 (gone)
EP3 K20a3 (gone)
Ridgeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:56 PM   #285
EF1981

EF1981 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EF1981 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EF1981 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EF1981 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EF1981 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EF1981 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EF1981 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EF1981 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Love that color, keep up the good work.
EF1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:15 PM   #286
GypsyCat1211

GypsyCat1211 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GypsyCat1211 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GypsyCat1211 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GypsyCat1211 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GypsyCat1211 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GypsyCat1211 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GypsyCat1211 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GypsyCat1211 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks for all the info.. I am new to all this. Can I ask your advice? I am planning to buy Cosmis XT-206R 17x9. I was thinking 245/40/17 tires. The wheels have +5 offset. Do I need a higher offset? A lot of threads I read have people with a higher offset (+17, +38, whatever)
I really do not want to roll or pull my fenders. How do I figure out what offset to run? Spacers change this right?
Sorry for stupid questions, just trying to figure out what to buy... Thanks Sara
GypsyCat1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #287
koss1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyCat1211 View Post
Thanks for all the info.. I am new to all this. Can I ask your advice? I am planning to buy Cosmis XT-206R 17x9. I was thinking 245/40/17 tires. The wheels have +5 offset. Do I need a higher offset? A lot of threads I read have people with a higher offset (+17, +38, whatever)
I really do not want to roll or pull my fenders. How do I figure out what offset to run? Spacers change this right?
Sorry for stupid questions, just trying to figure out what to buy... Thanks Sara
Hi Sara,
I know wheel sizing gets confusing with all the offset and camber talk.
To answer your first question, the wheels you are planning to buy with +5 offset will not fit very well. Offset is the distance from the center of the wheel, in millimeters.
Here is a picture for reference:

It is already well tested that on a 17x9 wheel the best offset for our cars is +35. If you get lower offset than +35, the wheel will stick out too far, so you would either need to run more negative camber (tilt the wheel) or roll the fenders and pull them out to cover the wheel. You can't really go any higher than +35, because the inner side of the wheel will hit the trailing arm.

Always keep in mind, that the wheel is in the center of the width (+ or - the offset), so when comparing 8" wheel with a 9" wheel, it is only 0.5" on either side (considering offset is the same). Again, offset is measured in millimeters from the center of the wheels, but the wheel width is in inches.

Hope this makes some sense to you lol
Old 04-03-2016, 10:40 PM   #288
koss1229

Hey guys, finally an update with the lady's car.
We've looked at a few different options and settled on a Lexus. The build quality and the performance was night and day compared to an Acura RDX, while the price difference was not significant enough. We waited a couple months looking for a used one in good shape and with reasonable mileage and ended up flying to CA to pick up this L-certified 2013 Fire Agate RX350. Driving it back to WA was a pleasure - this car is truly lux.

And here is a few pictures I took driving around Seattle with my good friend today. It was a beautiful sunny day in WA. (Pics are enormous. Sorry about that. No time to resize).

Old 04-03-2016, 10:51 PM   #289
Rsxtypesyawp
Pkim

Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Damn you always make me regret going mugen every time I see your car -_- .. Car looks absolutely amazing
Rsxtypesyawp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:46 PM   #290
dc5luis
Master Member

dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What camera was used? That s2k ��
dc5luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:43 PM   #291
koss1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsxtypesyawp View Post
Damn you always make me regret going mugen every time I see your car -_- .. Car looks absolutely amazing
Haha, thanks! Yea, I love the A-spec setup. Mugen has too much hype and not worth it, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5luis View Post
What camera was used? That s2k ��
My current setup is a Lumix GF3 micro-four-thirds body with an Olympus 12-40mm lens. They are decent pieces by themselves, but as a combination neither has image stabilization. I'll eventually get an Olympus OM-D5 body for that matter, but it's not pressing.

Yes, the s2k makes me want to get one every time I sit in it. It's such a snug little roadster and a rear wheel drive. Maybe one day...
Old 04-15-2016, 07:17 PM   #292
Rsxtypesyawp
Pkim

Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsxtypesyawp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
How much camber are you running?? Looks like you have more neg in the rears? Does this affect handling not on the track
Rsxtypesyawp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:30 PM   #293
koss1229

Hey y'all, I got the car back on the road! Major update here.
I didn't tell you that my garage got broken into last summer and all my tools stolen as well as the car's headunit and whatnot.
I thought it was the sign to part out and move on, so.... I went and spent more money on the car instead

I wanted to get wider and better tires for the longest time, so finally went and purchased a set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 in 255/40/17 size at Sears.

To fit these with the 9.5" rims on the car, I needed to raise it up a bit. Since my Tein spanner wrenches got stolen, I decided to take the struts off the car to try and unseize the rings with alternative methods. See what I discovered there? That's where the noise was coming from all this time!

Sourcing replacement parts from TEIN turned out to be a pain in the butt. At the same time, my attempt to replace the faulty front wheel bearing turned into a nightmare. Months went by with the car on jackstands, until I pulled the trigger on a brand new suspension. I originally ordered a set of Fortune Autos with Swift springs, but they decided they didn't want my money, so I ordered BC Racing DR Type with Swift springs instead. These are the Digressive type struts. One thing I really like about BC is that they sell every single replacement part through their website (unlike TEIN...).

Working in my tiny garage under freezing temperatures was not the most enjoyable time, but the results paid off. The car sits super nice and those tires grip hard even in the rain. The ride is very nice too.

Last, but not least - my navigation headunit was stolen, so I needed to fill the space in the dashboard with something nice. Yet another project. Got an Asus Nexus 2013 with 32Gb, GSM, and WiFi off eBay for under $100, hacked it with Timur's kernel too. This is awesome!
Old 02-04-2017, 05:49 PM   #294
2006JG

2006JG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2006JG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2006JG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2006JG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2006JG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2006JG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2006JG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2006JG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
So clean! Your wheel/tire set-up is dope! I'm currently running 245/40/17, now I know I can push it to 255 lol
Old 02-04-2017, 06:59 PM   #295
Pholai

Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Damn good to see updates again! How much camber are you running up front now to clear the 255?
Old 02-04-2017, 07:20 PM   #296
koss1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pholai View Post
Damn good to see updates again! How much camber are you running up front now to clear the 255?
Actually, it's less than 1 degree camber upfront and 2.5 in the rear.
It rubs sometimes when I turn all the way, but not always so.
Of course, the car is reasonably lowered now. There is a finger and a half gap everywhere, but I like it that way.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:45 AM   #297
koss1229

My new tires at work!
Stopped by Costco to pick up some things and found a fucking shopping cart hugging my car upon coming back from the store.

Got so mad for a second, but warmed up after seeing this. Didn't find any mark on the car or the rim

Old 02-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #298
peterrpham
Du ma

peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
good lord your car looks good

Pham's 6spd Base | IG: peterrpham
peterrpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:35 PM   #299
koss1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterrpham View Post
good lord your car looks good
Hey, yours is just as nice! Even cleaner than mine, since I got so many rockchips now.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:11 AM   #300
peterrpham
Du ma

peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
oh lawd you should see how many scraps and rock chips my lip has up close hahaha

Pham's 6spd Base | IG: peterrpham
peterrpham is offline   Reply With Quote