Bone stock type s ... just making sure I am making good choices ... - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > Bolt-On Basics: RSX Type-S
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 02-21-2017, 12:57 PM   #51
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Dude that's great to hear. I think 4000-4250rpm is the perfect full throttle VTEC crossover rpm. Many people don't realize (I didn't know this for many years while I owned one) but the Integra GS-R had a VTEC crossover of I think like 4500rpm. The intake manifold bypass runners opened up at 5800 which what everyone raves about, but if you listen closely, the 3rd lobe kicks in much lower. 5800 is too high for a free flowing K20!

I'd recommend a drop of 1-1.2". Maybe 1.5" max. Just forewarning ya that if you want to go lower than that, you're gonna want to consider inverted tie rod ends and stuff
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #52
cblack360
06 RSX TYPE S *bone stock

cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGumby View Post
Dude that's great to hear. I think 4000-4250rpm is the perfect full throttle VTEC crossover rpm. Many people don't realize (I didn't know this for many years while I owned one) but the Integra GS-R had a VTEC crossover of I think like 4500rpm. The intake manifold bypass runners opened up at 5800 which what everyone raves about, but if you listen closely, the 3rd lobe kicks in much lower. 5800 is too high for a free flowing K20!

I'd recommend a drop of 1-1.2". Maybe 1.5" max. Just forewarning ya that if you want to go lower than that, you're gonna want to consider inverted tie rod ends and stuff
thanks man I appreciate the info. I really don't wanna go more than an inch. I had a 00 si and it would scrape on everything. so annoying
cblack360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:16 PM   #53
dc5cbc05
Master Member

dc5cbc05 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I've been back and forth with the crossover. My first gen B16 Xsi ran a tune with a 4k crossover and it felt great, but lost that tune when the ecu was jacked and had to start over then the car was jacked.

with the rsx I had my engagement at 48 previously but for some reason it was dipping after vtec so he raised it and the dip went away. its at 56 right now I think and the pull is amazing.
dc5cbc05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2017, 04:19 PM   #54
dc5cbc05
Master Member

as far as the manifold goes. That's been argued over and over. Although super street did a "manifold shoot out" and it shows the differences. But others have done the RRCvRBCvSkunk2 and showed almost identical numbers. It's really up to you. Personally I think the RBC is best mainly because it's literally the best "bang for your buck" manifold there is. It's not hard to cut the manifold or have it cut by someone. but aside from the cutting, you'll need to extend your map sensor to screw it in correctly. you'll probably see more than 5hp midrange.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:25 PM   #55
cblack360

cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx cblack360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5cbc05 View Post
as far as the manifold goes. That's been argued over and over. Although super street did a "manifold shoot out" and it shows the differences. But others have done the RRCvRBCvSkunk2 and showed almost identical numbers. It's really up to you. Personally I think the RBC is best mainly because it's literally the best "bang for your buck" manifold there is. It's not hard to cut the manifold or have it cut by someone. but aside from the cutting, you'll need to extend your map sensor to screw it in correctly. you'll probably see more than 5hp midrange.
what exactly has to be cut? and what is the difference in the RRC and RBC? Is that just the different gen of si they come in or what?
Old 02-21-2017, 05:28 PM   #56
cblack360

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5cbc05 View Post
I've been back and forth with the crossover. My first gen B16 Xsi ran a tune with a 4k crossover and it felt great, but lost that tune when the ecu was jacked and had to start over then the car was jacked.

with the rsx I had my engagement at 48 previously but for some reason it was dipping after vtec so he raised it and the dip went away. its at 56 right now I think and the pull is amazing.
I had a 00 Si with a b16a2 ... same thing with mine ... I never got it tuned tho ... but I set the vtec to 4200 and it pulled like a sissy. I set it to 5k and it pulled so much better.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:07 PM   #57
dc5cbc05
Master Member

Yeah I think the rule of thumb is B series usually likes the Higher engagement and K series usually likes the lower engagement. But that motor was a factory freak. Never had an actual number tune on it. But full interior EJ chassis made a 12.6 pass which was really not normal for that type of motor. Stock manifolds and everything. 1-3/4 civic piping and all.

But the RRC is off the FD2 CTR and the RBC is off the Z3 motor and sometimes euro accord? you just have to cut the water neck portion of the manifold by cylinder 4. It won't bolt on due to the IACV being in the way. if you find a cheap skunk2 than sure why not but as far as MSRP prices goes. I think your best bet is RBC. so you're ok with either one depending on availability.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:14 PM   #58
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Keep in mind that intake manifold shootout doesn't reference the stock PRB at all, but a PRC. So, the PRC is still an upgrade from stock and may be debatable whether it is really the best bang for you buck. It's flow peaks lower in the rev range (by like 500rpms or so) but has more resonances than the RBC. Idk. Worth looking into is all. LeoA86 liked his
Old 02-22-2017, 12:23 PM   #59
dc5cbc05
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGumby View Post
Keep in mind that intake manifold shootout doesn't reference the stock PRB at all, but a PRC. So, the PRC is still an upgrade from stock and may be debatable whether it is really the best bang for you buck. It's flow peaks lower in the rev range (by like 500rpms or so) but has more resonances than the RBC. Idk. Worth looking into is all. LeoA86 liked his
Nice I didn't even notice this. I was focused on the rbc as well when I initially looked in to it. And you can find PRC's really cheap as well.
Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM   #60
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

Yeah here's the lil Hondata slide I'm banking on, haha (I haven't installed it yet):
Click image for larger version

Name:	PRC vs PRB.PNG
Views:	5
Size:	998.0 KB
ID:	528409
I should link some posts from LeoA86 cuz he was super pumped about it. Since then he did some TSX cams and RBC and such and is actually less happy
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=59
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=69
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.p...91&postcount=8
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.p...&postcount=491

Last edited by IronGumby; Yesterday at 12:24 PM.. Reason: added LeoA86's prc installed post links
IronGumby is offline   Reply With Quote