K28 Inline 6...kinda - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Engine Building & Design
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 12-02-2015, 11:53 PM   #1
budgy
Master Member

budgy is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
K28 Inline 6...kinda

Thought some people here may really appreciate the work going into this project, worth signing up just so you can view the images properly.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/1196...t-datsunworks/

Basically someone is reverse engineering a K20 head and making his own custom casting for the Datsun/Nissan L28 Inline 6 engine. Won't be VTEC, but will still flow like crazy. Pretty staggering project that I am following as I own an old 240Z and want to build a new stroker engine someday. With high compression and big cams there is no doubt this can make more than 400HP, which in a a sub 2400 pound car should really move and make some crazy noises.

Definitely this was inspired by the legendary OS Giken TC24B Twin Cam head, but for those that want something more obtainable. Hopefully the end result is just as glorious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez_c1OW6-cc
budgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2015, 08:20 AM   #2
trevis427

trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I also have a 240z (72) and thank you for showing this. Mine will be down for a while as I'm welding in new floor pans and patching rust holes, but this is a pretty awesome idea. I was just going to eventually put a LS in there haha.
trevis427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:43 AM   #3
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
that is some great work

Old 12-03-2015, 08:51 AM   #4
Ransom
Ohh Yeaaah!

Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Very cool. These kinds of projects always interest me.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
budgy
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevis427 View Post
I also have a 240z (72) and thank you for showing this. Mine will be down for a while as I'm welding in new floor pans and patching rust holes, but this is a pretty awesome idea. I was just going to eventually put a LS in there haha.
Haha yeah, I have been considering many different engine swaps over the years. Really can't go wrong with an LS, this is certainly going to be more expensive and not make any more power. But...yeah. You know.

I actually have a spare VQ35HR sitting around that I got for $150, need to find a 6-speed for it. The good thing is another member on Hybridz is building an adapter plate so you can mate the 6-Speed from a 350Z up to an L28 so I think I will try to find the transmission either way I decide to go. I might still do the VQ because it will be way cheaper than this custom head.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:08 PM   #6
Toxin

Toxin is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Fascinating, thanks for sharing.
Toxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:32 PM   #7
budgy
Master Member

It is alive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70FC_Zh8ufk

Not even tuned, so a ton of work to be done.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:33 PM   #8
SAX JONZ
SAXJONZ

SAX JONZ is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
whoa...that was a rush.
SAX JONZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:03 PM   #9
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with
music to my ears

Empty Tank Crew #1
Twitter: KiensAJauk
Instagram / Snapchat: ItsKien

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
kien you fat fuck, no set of wings can lift your cinna bun ass up to heaven anyway.
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote