Track *Chat* Part III - Page 6 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Auto X & Road Racing
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 12-29-2016, 07:49 AM   #126
Koopa Troopa

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
ANZE finally got back to me. $225 per and $45 for revalve.
Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2016, 07:15 PM   #127
warmmilk
Fat Free

warmmilk is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
ANZE finally got back to me. $225 per and $45 for revalve.
Ohlins USA is cheaper... you can also try Performance Shock
warmmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:59 PM   #128
Koopa Troopa

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Nah, I want ANZE. Despite them taking a little over a week to respond to my initial email due to being busy with the holidays, they've been extremely helpful and I appreciate that so I'll give them my business just cause. Also, companies like Ohlins and Bilstein won't do crazy shit as they don't want to deal with any warranty claims or legal BS, so it's always best to go around them and find a third party company to rebuild them should you have a shock nobody makes parts for anymore and need something crazy done to keep using it like convert it to a take-apart or something.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:25 AM   #129
warmmilk
Fat Free

Now I'm intrigued... what do you need done to your shocks that's so crazy?
Old 12-30-2016, 06:02 AM   #130
Koopa Troopa

Nothing really, but I did tell them that if parts can't be found to just gut them and convert to take-aparts. I was wanting to get the pistons extended 10mm and w'hack off the steering arms and put some flat ones on there, but apparently getting longer pistons or having them extended is a task not even Ohlins wants to support. They emailed Ohlins about it, and Ohlins said just run stiffer springs to increase ride height. Thanks Ohlins? They also said no thanks bro on making flat steering arms. Oh wells I guess.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:06 PM   #131
warmmilk
Fat Free

what do you mean by "take-aparts"?
Old 12-30-2016, 10:28 PM   #132
Koopa Troopa

Take-aparts are race shocks designed to be easily taken apart so they're capable of being rebuilt by the owner. Usually it's done so you can quickly revalve them in the pits for a spring change. You typically really only see take-aparts being used on circle track cars, big money race cars, and by people who are suspension nerds though. Most hobbyists with enough money and desire to buy good suspension are just gonna spring for an expensive off the shelf solution though, so take-aparts are rarely seen in the hobbyist racer realm.

Last edited by Koopa Troopa; 12-30-2016 at 11:26 PM..
Old 01-16-2017, 03:59 PM   #133
elitezdc5
Spooning on you!

elitezdc5 is on a distinguished road elitezdc5 is on a distinguished road
elitezdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:18 PM   #134
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitezdc5 View Post
sorry, haven't been doing much to the Miata with the weather...

but seriously, post stuff about your RSX
Old 01-17-2017, 11:02 AM   #135
elitezdc5
Spooning on you!

still sucks, still slow, always having issues. i have made some purchases though for it in prep for my k25 motor

spoon rigid collar
checkerdsports race floor plate
spoon 5.1 FD

just need to buy the spoon baffle and find the money and time to drop it off at LHT performance which is 3 hours away.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:12 PM   #136
Copafeel87

Copafeel87 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
still sucks, still slow, always having issues. i have made some purchases though for it in prep for my k25 motor

spoon rigid collar
spoon 5.1 FD

just need to buy the spoon baffle and find the money and time to drop it off at LHT performance which is 3 hours away.
I need to look into that floor plate. I have a hole in my carpet and my right foot will sometimes get stuck in it...
Old 01-17-2017, 02:16 PM   #137
elitezdc5
Spooning on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copafeel87 View Post
I need to look into that floor plate. I have a hole in my carpet and my right foot will sometimes get stuck in it...
its a nice piece. now i just gotta rip up my carpet, dry ice the sound deadener and paint to install it
Old 01-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #138
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:

spoon rigid collar
spoon 5.1 FD

K25 (or is that a typo for K24?) and a 5.1 FD? so you're only gonna use gears 3-6?
Old 01-17-2017, 03:46 PM   #139
elitezdc5
Spooning on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
K25 (or is that a typo for K24?) and a 5.1 FD? so you're only gonna use gears 3-6?
no typo. k25

just looking to improve acceleration to keep up lol

Last edited by elitezdc5; 01-17-2017 at 03:48 PM..
Old 01-17-2017, 04:25 PM   #140
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
no typo. k25

just looking to improve acceleration to keep up lol
whats the rest of the engine build? how high are you gonna rev?

just kinda thinking out loud; seams to me with a 5.1 FD you're either doing wheel spin or shifting to the next higher gear... then again, don't let me talk you out of it and then hold it against me if you don't like it.

back when I had a Mustang, all the track guys were swapping in taller FD's and posting faster laptimes cause it reduced the number of shifts but engine still has enough torque to accelerate. So I'm thinking the same theory for the much lighter RSX with a K25
Old 01-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #141
elitezdc5
Spooning on you!

the bottom end is done. just need to do the head and put it together. ill let LHT set the rev limiter. they will know better than me. dont care for a high rev limit. just want it reliable. so whatever they decide during the tune. compression is 12:5:1

hoping to be around 280. restrictive spoon exhaust and BCRH will hurt but dont care for a 3in. too loud. ill replace the BCRH one day. i just put it on cuz i had it on my kswap em2 back in the day.

k20a2 head/k24a2 bottom end
M1 Abrams sleeves bored out to 89mm
Wiseco 89mm 12.5cr pistons
Blueprint ibeam lightweight rods
ACL race bearings
Arp headstuds
Hardrace motor mounts
Honda factory head gasket 89mm
Supertech intake/exhaust valve guides
Supertech exhaust valves 30mm dished
Supertech intake valves 35mm dished
Supertech dual valve springs 92 psi
Supertech valve spring seats
Supertech intake/exhaust valve seals
Supertech titanium retainers
Supertech 7 degree keepers
Drag cartel 3.2 cams
Spoon sports engine/transmission drain plugs
Injector dynamics 1000cc injectors
DeatschWerks 265 LPH compact in-tank fuel pump
P2r crv k24 bracket

Last edited by elitezdc5; 01-17-2017 at 04:46 PM..
Old 01-17-2017, 06:04 PM   #142
warmmilk
Fat Free

sounds like an awesome engine!

have you thought about getting a hydramat? Holley makes this retrofit kit... protect that expensive engine of yours...

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...ba66-263986757
Old 01-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #143
elitezdc5
Spooning on you!

I already bought the deatschWerks 265 LPH so I'm sure it will be more than sufficient for me.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:20 AM   #144
Koopa Troopa

I'd stay away from the Spoon pan, I've seen quite a few of them on Yahoo Auctions with broken welds at the baffle plate. As far as the final drive goes, it depends on your rev limit. Mustang guys don't often have an excess of rev range which is why they go with lower final drives. Their torque band is also much lower. With the FD2 final, a DC5 ITR gearbox, and a 9100 RPM rev limiter, I was still seeing a little over 112 mp/h shifting into 5th. I'm still quite fond of the K24 and FD2 final even with a lower 8100 rev limit.

In other news, my car has been converted back to stock as much as I could. My two year inspection is up so I have to renew it. Passed all the hard stuff, failed cause my tires were sticking out (the fucking letters on the tire were touching the plumb bob string), seat rail isn't adjustable, and they couldn't do the sound test cause the car kept hitting the launch control rev limiter. Also, my clutch master cylinder fucking blew up in the inspection line. Car had to be towed to my garage cause the master won't pump any fluid. On Monday I'll be going to look at EP82 Starlets on the auctions to see if there's one I like. If I find a Starlet I like for the price I want to pay, this Integra is going bye bye. Oh and ANZE told me to get fucked, but in a professional kind of way. Nice guys though and very helpful.

I just think it's funny that with all the shit I gave you guys about not rolling fenders, I'll be rolling the fuck out of my fenders just to try to pass my inspection. Pulling fenders is free, stock wheels are fucking atrociously expensive.

Last edited by Koopa Troopa; 01-18-2017 at 07:24 AM..
Old 01-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #145
elitezdc5
Spooning on you!

i know a few people who run them on the track and never had issues. was it an older gen model?
Old 01-19-2017, 06:46 PM   #146
Copafeel87

Quote:
its a nice piece. now i just gotta rip up my carpet, dry ice the sound deadener and paint to install it
But I don't wanna remove my carpet quite yet. I still want to run Street class for Gridlife time attack and I like having a "street" car.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:21 PM   #147
elitezdc5
Spooning on you!

It will still be a street car. Get in and drive it on the streets. Lol. But I hear ya. Would love to compete in the gridlife time attack. Need more experience before I do.
Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM   #148
Copafeel87

Quote:
It will still be a street car. Get in and drive it on the streets. Lol. But I hear ya. Would love to compete in the gridlife time attack. Need more experience before I do.
Yea but they will get all pissy if I go full gutted. For NASA TTC I wouldn't care too much, just for Gridlife street class.

Are you going to Gridlife South again this year?
Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM   #149
elitezdc5
Spooning on you!

if i can fix my alignment issue yes. love road atlanta, hate the drive to get there. lol
Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM   #150
Copafeel87

Quote:
if i can fix my alignment issue yes. love road atlanta, hate the drive to get there. lol
Shit you're telling me. I am driving from D.C. in a bucket seat and a semi-gutted car. But I fell in love with Road Atlanta and had an awesome time at Gridlife South.