AWD convert - Page 44 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Welding, Fabrication, & Tools
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 07-07-2014, 06:39 PM   #1076
blackndecker
Come at me bro!

blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yeah, the obvious solution sounds like getting a longer bolt....
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2014, 05:10 AM   #1077
NinetySixYenko
The CRSX Philosopher

NinetySixYenko is on a distinguished road NinetySixYenko is on a distinguished road
Looks like there's more than just the bolt length issue. It doesn't look like the FWD diff has a smooth/machined flat surface for the bolt head if the bolt is put in 'backwards'. Also, you would have to drill the threads out of the FWD diff, to have the shoulder of the bolt go through there.
04 RX-8
03 RSX-S
NinetySixYenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:03 AM   #1078
blackndecker
Come at me bro!

blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackndecker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Somebody has already fit a LSD into the AWD transmission so clearly it's possible...and he/she didn't have to do any of the modifications you're suggesting.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #1079
chriselmo
k series ftw!

chriselmo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Bc performance running 9s . They don't want to give any info tho. I emailed him said he would do it for 5 grand ..
Old 07-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #1080
RedK20z1

RedK20z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RedK20z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RedK20z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RedK20z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RedK20z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RedK20z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RedK20z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RedK20z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RedK20z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriselmo View Post
Bc performance running 9s . They don't want to give any info tho. I emailed him said he would do it for 5 grand ..
video evidence?
RedK20z1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #1081
NinetySixYenko
The CRSX Philosopher

NinetySixYenko is on a distinguished road NinetySixYenko is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackndecker View Post
Somebody has already fit a LSD into the AWD transmission so clearly it's possible...and he/she didn't have to do any of the modifications you're suggesting.
The threads were probably drilled out of the center diff's ring gear, then. Based on the 2 diagrams Chris posted, you have to do one or the other.
04 RX-8
03 RSX-S
NinetySixYenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:22 PM   #1082
blackndecker
Come at me bro!

This could be a big swap in the future...it would be awesome to have a plug and play aftermarket solution.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:28 PM   #1083
57trim

57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Videos of 9s please?? lol
57trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:37 PM   #1084
chriselmo
k series ftw!

awd k series going 9s

video with time slip only \/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2GNd4qb-Mw

video with time slip & number on the board
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iutHUzm3M6Y
Old 07-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #1085
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
the bottom face does need to be remachined on most LSD's, no way around it

Quote:
This could be a big swap in the future...it would be awesome to have a plug and play aftermarket solution.
no chance in an RSX, the fact you have to cut a tunnel into the floor makes it not plug and play.
K20A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:02 AM   #1086
57trim

57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Chriselmo i dont care about that CMI Civic i know about that. I wanna see these DC5s RSXs people claim exist in AWDtrim running 9s and 10s.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #1087
chriselmo
k series ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57trim View Post
Chriselmo i dont care about that CMI Civic i know about that. I wanna see these DC5s RSXs people claim exist in AWDtrim running 9s and 10s.
well I never said it was a rsx just said it was a k series awd running 9s . u asked for the video lol anyways that doesn't matter .

what step are you taking next with your awd rsx project
Old 07-24-2014, 04:47 PM   #1088
57trim

well the next step would be to get the trans, subframe, and tcase in it

Last edited by 57trim; 11-27-2014 at 08:17 PM..
Old 08-11-2014, 01:36 AM   #1089
supraguy92
n/a!..

supraguy92 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx supraguy92 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx supraguy92 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx supraguy92 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx supraguy92 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx supraguy92 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx supraguy92 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx supraguy92 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
well the next step would be to get the trans, subframe, and tcase in it, followed by cutting out the portion of the tunnel and making a custom drive shaft.

If anyone has a child here they know how demanding new born babys are, it is pretty hard for me to sleep making me not want to do much through out the day. I am sure in the next 3-4 weeks it will be much better so when it DOES get better I will have the trans ready.

To add to my misery I live in Florida where we get constant rain every day along with 110 degree weather and 85% humidity.

So crew, hang on tight it will get done I promise!!!!! Just need to get some rest and will power to do it. It's nowhere but downhill from here on.
supraguy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:00 AM   #1090
RecarosCostTooMuch
.♥

RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe
RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe
Quote:
well the next step would be to get the trans, subframe, and tcase in it, followed by cutting out the portion of the tunnel and making a custom drive shaft.

If anyone has a child here they know how demanding new born babys are, it is pretty hard for me to sleep making me not want to do much through out the day. I am sure in the next 3-4 weeks it will be much better so when it DOES get better I will have the trans ready.

To add to my misery I live in Florida where we get constant rain every day along with 110 degree weather and 85% humidity.

So crew, hang on tight it will get done I promise!!!!! Just need to get some rest and will power to do it. It's nowhere but downhill from here on.
Similar weather here except it also drop to like 60 during the night. After it rains, it is so god damn humid the next few days, I don't want to go outside just to step out into a bowl of soup.

Really excited to see the first AWD drive vids.
|Broke Student Crew|
|Bitch Crew|
RecarosCostTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:22 PM   #1091
57trim

Okay fellas finally drag my ass to my boys and we ordered a Tcase...

Last edited by 57trim; 11-27-2014 at 08:17 PM..
Old 01-04-2017, 01:40 PM   #1092
kromtldc5

kromtldc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kromtldc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kromtldc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kromtldc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kromtldc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kromtldc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kromtldc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kromtldc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
So how's this awd rsx going it's 2017 and I hope it's done!! Please update!
kromtldc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:45 AM   #1093
G3min1
Curious Gooner

G3min1 is on a distinguished road G3min1 is on a distinguished road
Garage
I think he's trying to sell it now
Cons: Your car can blow up

Supercharger Pros: You get that distinctive supercharger whine going down the street.
Cons: Your car can blow up
"Beating a Dead Horse Crew " Member #1
G3min1 is offline   Reply With Quote