Which turbo kit is right for you? - Page 10 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > Turbo
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 10-03-2007, 09:47 PM   #226
BadA$$Rsx-s

BadA$$Rsx-s is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
how much u sellin the turbo for
BadA$$Rsx-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2007, 08:33 PM   #227
miguelg321

miguelg321 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
03 rsx turbo questions

Hi guys, new to the forum and with lots of questions i just got a 03 RSX and i what to get a turbo i have looked around but cant figure out witch one I'm looking at a tuner image kit from ebay about 900.00 but not shore if its a ok kit im not looking to race or nothing but i don't what something im going to have to fix every weekend and what else will i need if anyone has any clue where i can find info on turbo installation, parts components, what electronic parts i need, injectors,fuel pump ect...

THanks
miguelg321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:47 AM   #228
simontran1

simontran1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelg321 View Post
Hi guys, new to the forum and with lots of questions i just got a 03 RSX and i what to get a turbo i have looked around but cant figure out witch one I'm looking at a tuner image kit from ebay about 900.00 but not shore if its a ok kit im not looking to race or nothing but i don't what something im going to have to fix every weekend and what else will i need if anyone has any clue where i can find info on turbo installation, parts components, what electronic parts i need, injectors,fuel pump ect...

THanks
I'm not flaming you............ but I think it'd be common sense that ebay aftermarkets are crap.
simontran1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2007, 11:55 AM   #229
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Ironraven is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelg321 View Post

THanks
Send me your $900.00 and I'll send you a stick of dynamite for your engine. Your car will blow up just like it would when you put that piece of shit egay turbo on it but at least this way you can watch it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/11 RSX-s View Post
God is a virus. Take two aspirin and don't call me in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
give up your soul to jesus and your butthole to father johnson
Ironraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:09 PM   #230
suburbanbase

suburbanbase has been a little shit in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironraven View Post
Send me your $900.00 and I'll send you a stick of dynamite for your engine. Your car will blow up just like it would when you put that piece of shit egay turbo on it but at least this way you can watch it happen.
I second that! I'll bring the timer!
Port/Polish, (2.0L), Darton Sleeves, Eagle Rods, Wiseco Pistons, 1000cc RC injectors , K-Pro, Greddy Strut Bar, AEM Pullies, Full Race Stg 2 Kit w/GT3076R Turbo 3" K-Teller Exhaust to 3" CF Megan Muffler, ACT Heavy Duty clutch kit, Competition Clutch Flywheel, Synchrotech LSD, Buddy Club N+ Coilovers, Old setup- DYNO #'s @ 14psi 369whp/ 267tq
w/750cc RC injectors_New setup- 1000cc RC Injectors - Dyno#'s @ 23psi 531whp/ 393tq
suburbanbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:08 AM   #231
kidoekid
The $15 T-shirt jerk.

kidoekid is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironraven View Post

so im getting ready to go turbo and it looks like im going greddy since its the most reliable plug N play kit out there. But i have a few insecurities...my goal for my type S is to reach the 300hp point...can i get that from a greddy kit? and if so...what do i need to add/do? thanks for any help i can get fellas.
kidoekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #232
sf-Rsx
Full-Race Stage 2GT

sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidoekid View Post

so im getting ready to go turbo and it looks like im going greddy since its the most reliable plug N play kit out there. But i have a few insecurities...my goal for my type S is to reach the 300hp point...can i get that from a greddy kit? and if so...what do i need to add/do? thanks for any help i can get fellas.
the first thing you are going to need is kpro, you will need to replace the oil lines, 3" exhaust & DP... RC750 injectors... check out the greddy question thread and look through there cause there maybe some more things that you need...
CRSX RBC Crew #1!!!!
sf-Rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 02:52 PM   #233
kidoekid
The $15 T-shirt jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf-Rsx View Post
the first thing you are going to need is kpro, you will need to replace the oil lines, 3" exhaust & DP... RC750 injectors... check out the greddy question thread and look through there cause there maybe some more things that you need...

ya, i looked at the greddy thread last night, very effin helpful. my mistake not too look a bit more before asking a question that was already answered, lol. but i deff appreciate the tips bro. i really want to push the 300hp if not just a bit less. so im whilling to do anything and everything that i need to do to get that done with a daily driven greddy kit yanno. thanks bro.

are you running the greddy kit as well?
Old 12-26-2007, 03:06 PM   #234
sf-Rsx
Full-Race Stage 2GT

sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx sf-Rsx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
well man atleast you didnt go and make a new thread asking these questions.. that is what these threads are here for... and i am not running the greddy kit.. i am running a Full-Race kit... but yea if you have any more questions you can pm me or if you want ask in the greddy thread... Good luck with that and you will love boost...
CRSX RBC Crew #1!!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 02:12 PM   #235
kidoekid
The $15 T-shirt jerk.

Quote:
well man atleast you didnt go and make a new thread asking these questions.. that is what these threads are here for... and i am not running the greddy kit.. i am running a Full-Race kit... but yea if you have any more questions you can pm me or if you want ask in the greddy thread... Good luck with that and you will love boost...

haha, yeha, i see people do that from time to time. i wanted to go full race also, but i drive my car alot for work, so i figure the greddy kit will be best since its pretty much plug N play. although i am going to add the kpro and everything else i need just to get to the 300hp or as close as possible. i appreciate the help and the good luck wishes.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:30 PM   #236
W0Ot_RSX

W0Ot_RSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i <3 turbo! woot
W0Ot_RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #237
novzrsx

novzrsx is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
how easy is it to blow an engine with a turbo and what are the most important factors to prevent a blown engine because of turbo,when dealing with the greddy kit,i have not got it yet but i plan on getting it but scared abut blown engine tips please.
novzrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:39 AM   #238
rhurt

rhurt is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by novzrsx View Post
how easy is it to blow an engine with a turbo and what are the most important factors to prevent a blown engine because of turbo,when dealing with the greddy kit,i have not got it yet but i plan on getting it but scared abut blown engine tips please.
Its pretty easy to do without engine management. Key points are lean mixture + ignition advance + boost = boom. Turbo engines need to run richer and have ignition retard because the higher pressures leads to more rapid combustion. When tuning its safer to be a little too rich and take out a little too much ignition advance, then back into it.
rhurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #239
buffalicious

buffalicious is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i have a 06 rsx type s, i have a intake and exhaust, and im looking at the greddy kit, should i bother buying headers before the greddy kit?
buffalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #240
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Ironraven is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalicious View Post
i have a 06 rsx type s, i have a intake and exhaust, and im looking at the greddy kit, should i bother buying headers before the greddy kit?
No since the header is replaced by the turbo manifold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/11 RSX-s View Post
God is a virus. Take two aspirin and don't call me in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
give up your soul to jesus and your butthole to father johnson
Ironraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:21 PM   #241
elPOLACOin703
elPOLACOin703

elPOLACOin703 has been a little shit in the past
bump
elPOLACOin703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:09 AM   #242
los7krpm
GIT SUM

los7krpm is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by import_nation View Post
you could always pay the mechanic off.. i think thats the easiest way
100$ will do good around h-town.
los7krpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #243
bawls44
Steezy Does It

bawls44 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by los7krpm View Post
100$ will do good around h-town.
ABP Crew Member #25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potsnu View Post
I want that background for the photo! Those clouds are straight JDM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blahsss View Post
can someone search for me
bawls44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:24 PM   #244
rith415

rith415 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
nice can sumone tell me if da RSX K Series ProStreet turbo kid legal in california?
rith415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #245
Nino
11.88 @ 120 mph

Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
no turbo kids are legal in CA, even the greddy. you want legal get a supercharger.
Boost Slut Krew Member #6
My Build Show-Off DIY Carputer Fuel Return Setup
09 Space Gray M3
Nino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:06 AM   #246
Figomus

Figomus is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Noober question

I just wanted to start by saying thanks for all the awsome posts. ive been reading alot on here and im really excited to start modding my car out. I just bought my rsx-s and im still confused about were to start. I got back fom iraq so i think i got enough money to go turbo or SC. all im looking to make is 350ish to maybe 400 hp. think any one could spare the time to hit me with a good build? i have around 6k to put in here and the car is a 2003 with around 80k miles on it.
i would have went with the standerd bpu's but since i want to go FI i dont know what to buy first...kpro? thanks guys.
Figomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #247
akinaspeedstars1
im buggin out!!!!

akinaspeedstars1 has a clean start akinaspeedstars1 has a clean start akinaspeedstars1 has a clean start akinaspeedstars1 has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figomus View Post
I just wanted to start by saying thanks for all the awsome posts. ive been reading alot on here and im really excited to start modding my car out. I just bought my rsx-s and im still confused about were to start. I got back fom iraq so i think i got enough money to go turbo or SC. all im looking to make is 350ish to maybe 400 hp. think any one could spare the time to hit me with a good build? i have around 6k to put in here and the car is a 2003 with around 80k miles on it.
i would have went with the standerd bpu's but since i want to go FI i dont know what to buy first...kpro? thanks guys.
U should go full race or Peakboost since u got cash flow i reccomend a stage 4 Full race kit
ull need injectors/Walbro fuel pump
KPro
3bar map
Motor mounts or ESMMs
3in Exhaust
and keep reading in the boost section and post any questions u have in the boost chat thread Gl with everything
Old 04-19-2008, 10:02 PM   #248
sf-Rsx
Full-Race Stage 2GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figomus View Post

if you are only looking to make 350-400 i would go with either the FR or PB kits with a GT3076R.... you can look at my build thread if you want...

but yea you will also need

kpro
injectors
exhaust
ESMM's or motor mounts
ETC...
CRSX RBC Crew #1!!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:49 PM   #249
hamburglar
Gun For Hire

hamburglar gets around and is known
hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known
Quote:
if you are only looking to make 350-400 i would go with either the FR or PB kits with a GT3076R.... you can look at my build thread if you want...

but yea you will also need

kpro
injectors
exhaust
ESMM's or motor mounts
ETC...
QFT, you'll get there with either kit and have great response
Boost Slut Crew #12 468whp Pump 601whp Race
My BuildHammy Krew #0
hamburglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #250
jesisboi
jesisboi

jesisboi has been a little shit in the past
any difference?

I'm trying to find out if there is a diff. between the type-S and Base model when it comes to ordering turbos/cold air/headers......any help would be great
jesisboi is offline   Reply With Quote