Which turbo kit is right for you? - Page 13 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Turbo RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 07-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #301
hinssen

hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Dang 2-6 months thats a while! ahah full race sounds good. But ive seen and heard more about peakboost with rsx-s.
hinssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2009, 03:33 PM   #302
hinssen

hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hinssen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Wait so if the tranny is much weaker than the engine would i need to get a stronger tranny?
Old 07-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #303
imbest123
Bańned

imbest123 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinssen View Post
Wait so if the tranny is much weaker than the engine would i need to get a stronger tranny?
the only stronger tranny are the bullhead gears and those arent advised for daily driving. there are people over 500whp who use the stock tranny. problem is that it can go at any moment

Don't PM me. I don't give a fuck about who you are and no, I don't have nudes
imbest123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #304
Creepy Chris
Too much drama

Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbest123 View Post
the only stronger tranny are the bullhead gears and those arent advised for daily driving. there are people over 500whp who use the stock tranny. problem is that it can go at any moment
Please read about PPGs before you talk more/give advice.
Creepy Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #305
imbest123
Bańned

imbest123 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy Chris View Post
Please read about PPGs before you talk more/give advice.
i know you know your stuff but ive heard one and its annoyingly loud. i dont see how it could be ideal for a daily driven car to have one. eh ill get to reading lol

Don't PM me. I don't give a fuck about who you are and no, I don't have nudes
imbest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #306
Creepy Chris
Too much drama

Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbest123 View Post
i know you know your stuff but ive heard one and its annoyingly loud. i dont see how it could be ideal for a daily driven car to have one. eh ill get to reading lol
Annoying and "not advised for daily driving" are two different things. And you do technically keep your stock tranny, they just swap out 1st-4th and the shafts. This solves most problems as 2nd through 4th seem to be the popular gears to shit themselves.

Its kinda like saying motor mounts are "not advised for daily driving". The additional rattles can be annoying at times, but then again, that's part of the price you pay for going turbo.
Creepy Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:28 AM   #307
Magikturbo
Mr. Happy(Hi)

Magikturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Magikturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Magikturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Magikturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Magikturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Magikturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Magikturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Magikturbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironraven View Post
1. Choose a power goal
2. Save about 8-10k
3. Mod car according to your power goal

Offhand I'm going to recommend the Peakboost kit, hondata and a 3" exhaust.
with peakboost kit all you would need is the hondata, and exhaust? it comes with all oil feed and return lines, injectors etc? or it doesnt need?

Training Hard
Magikturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:23 AM   #308
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Ironraven is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magikturbo View Post
with peakboost kit all you would need is the hondata, and exhaust? it comes with all oil feed and return lines, injectors etc? or it doesnt need?

http://cheapturbo.stores.yahoo.net/peacrsxcotuk.html
Product Description
PeakBoost Acura RSX complete turbo kit
-PeakBoost Manifold w/Lifetime Warranty

-tial 44mm wastegate

-Garrett T3/TO4E(standard, upgrades available)

-2pc 3" ss downpipe w/ all vband connections

-44mm ss dumptube (external dump)

-PeakBoost/PWR vertical flow 24x12x3 front mount intercooler (supports upto 700whp)

-Aluminum charge piping, mandrel bent w/ beaded ends to fit your choice of stock tb placement or RBC

-PWR 4 ply silicone couplers

-Tbolt clamps

-K&N air filter

-Complete heat wrap kit to protect all necessary hoses and wiring

standard kit starts @ $3699

Doesn't anyone know how to use the internet anymore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/11 RSX-s View Post
God is a virus. Take two aspirin and don't call me in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
give up your soul to jesus and your butthole to father johnson
Ironraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #309
hinssen

What turbo kits are A/C friendly
Old 08-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #310
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Quote:
What turbo kits are A/C friendly
A/C doesn't need to be sacrificed for any RSX turbo kit.
Quote:

Quote:
Old 08-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #311
hinssen

Hmm really? Cuz I was reading in a thread and a peakboost kit said it was not a/c friendly?
Old 08-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #312
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Quote:
Hmm really? Cuz I was reading in a thread and a peakboost kit said it was not a/c friendly?
You might have to get the Civic SI a/c compressor line because it goes along the side of the engine bay as opposed to right over the center like the RSX one but other than that I don't think it's a problem. The a/c compressor is on the opposite side from where the i/c piping goes, the a/c radiator doesn't get in the way of the i/c... with any major modification like this there's always shit you need to change, cut, bend etc but I'm pretty sure you can fairly easily retain a/c with any rsx turbo kit.
Quote:

Quote:
Old 08-06-2009, 05:49 PM   #313
hinssen

Alright thanks very useful.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #314
osusantacruz
Master Member

osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though
I have ppg 1-4 gears and daily drive them with no problems they do make some noise but its music when you know what they can handle

New Toy 2008 Yamaha R6 Stolen
osusantacruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #315
hinssen

Qucik question guys. I went to my local jdm shop. They told me they could put a turbo on my car but its a no namer. I guess it was they make. Everything for about a grand. Would that be worth it? I heard the expression You get what you pay for! But its JDM, so its got some rep? Any suggestions before i do something stupid. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #316
bkk6284
World's Best Powertrain

bkk6284 is on a distinguished road bkk6284 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Qucik question guys. I went to my local jdm shop. They told me they could put a turbo on my car but its a no namer. I guess it was they make. Everything for about a grand. Would that be worth it? I heard the expression You get what you pay for! But its JDM, so its got some rep? Any suggestions before i do something stupid. Thanks in advance.
Jdm turbo kit eh? Heh
Old 08-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #317
osusantacruz
Master Member

osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though osusantacruz is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
hahaha says it all.

jdm and turbo do not go together here. also most of our turbo's alone cost more than a grand so for a whole kit, its junk man

New Toy 2008 Yamaha R6 Stolen
osusantacruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #318
bkk6284
World's Best Powertrain

bkk6284 is on a distinguished road bkk6284 is on a distinguished road
What is a jdm shop? They just by parts from japan and have those stocked?
Old 08-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #319
hinssen

Quote:
Originally Posted by osusantacruz View Post
hahaha says it all.

jdm and turbo do not go together here. also most of our turbo's alone cost more than a grand so for a whole kit, its junk man
haha i guess youre right i guess it is junk
Old 08-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #320
hinssen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkk6284 View Post
What is a jdm shop? They just by parts from japan and have those stocked?
Ya well my definition of jdm is a manufacture that does buy stuff from japan and has them in stock ahaha
Old 08-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #321
hinssen

With a peakboost turbo kit you need to relocate the battery?

i was online on youtube and i saw some had thenm relocated but some didnt?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #322
dyetrix06
Peakboost GT35r plz

dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:

Quote:
With a peakboost turbo kit you need to relocate the battery?

i was online on youtube and i saw some had thenm relocated but some didnt?
I just ran a smaller oddysey battery and left it in the engine bay.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #323
Jahnnie
Bossin

Jahnnie is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
can the full race stage 2 kits be ran with stock internals?
RIP ABP RSX-S <magnEsium tuned>
216whp 147wtq
Jahnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #324
Flanz
4039whp 2956wtq @ 88psi

Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahnnie View Post
yes

570whp 424wtq VBP FullRace and PPG Turbo RSX-S SOLD
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #325
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahnnie View Post
Yes. A good tune is absolutely critical though. A power goal is necessary before anyone can really tell you what's possible.
Quote:

Quote: